• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Patch 1.1.4 for the Dynamic Dino

Ghostgodzilla

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ghostgodzilla
I'm 90% sure this is placebo, but I've been connecting Up airs out of down throws at % that I shouldn't. Someone please confirm it, I totally doubt Sakurai could give us a Hoo Haa.

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
It connected before anyways. If your doing it much easier maybe theres a change jump squat or we did get a throw buff. Somebody might want to test that.

White_Pointer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wh1tepointer
Down throw never true comboed into anything at any percent. If you were connecting anything it means your opponent didn't DI or air dodge properly.

Pixel_

Smash Ace
It definitely felt like there's less ending frames after down throw, but maybe it's just because I'm used to Corrin.

Also I've noticed people slipping after a F-air, maybe the chance increased?

Skitrel

Smash Journeyman
The obvious contenders for changes are anything that Yoshi did either really badly before(if something is buffed) or anything he did really well before(if something is nerfed).

Things that spring to mind for possible nerfs might be a minor weight change or a range/knockback change to uair or fair, possibly a knockback or range change to downB.

For possible buffs we should look at things he did very badly before. My first guess is that eggthrow doing 1% might have been change with a hitbox change to ensure both always connect, this would be a change welcomed by all and honestly strikes me as something that wasn't intentional in the first place so could be considered a bugfix. Then eggroll is the next contender there, following that would probably be grab range or grab lag, followed by throws.

I don't think they'd create new combos for an already good character this late in the patch process so I'm going to go ahead and guess that throw changes are placebo.

It's probably intelligent to get into the mind of the devs the last couple of months in order to take some guesses. This can be done by looking at what they've been changing in other characters. If we look across the range, top tier characters have all had weight reductions (Sonic, Rosa, Sheik, ZSS) while some mid tiers received increases. Top tiers have had some killmove nerfs(Sheik vanish) while mid tiers have had some killmove buffs (reduce lag on tink bair for example). In other areas glaring issues with range of swordies have been repaired.

So the current mindset seems to be range in the neutral, weight changes. killmove changes and there's one example of a bugfix in Wario.... So far anyway. There's a lot of characters with currently unknown possible changes.

Last edited:

Colony

Smash Rookie
NNID
AnimalColony
It definitely felt like there's less ending frames after down throw
The end frames on Down Throw are also dependent on character weights, and many characters received small changes to their weights, such as Sheik, ZSS, and Rosa.

Toonation

Smash Rookie
NNID
Aghiliz
3DS FC
0490-5328-2001
Hmm yea it's kinda hard to test a few changes. They may have slightly changed his weight, eggs, jump or something. Someone needs to test things on a unpatched game frame by frame xD

DJlive

Smash Apprentice
I'm in the opinion now that since testing weight had inconclusive results, I'm thinking it might be faf changes. Since it's a parameter change and Yoshi feels quicker, it might be just that.

HoS_Beast

Smash Cadet
NNID
Xillians
As far as i can see there is no change in our weight. We are at a consistent 116(This weight taken my standard way which is an uncharged up-smash on smashvile in training mode). Anyone with footage from previous patches care to check out air mobility, landing lags and such?

Ghostgodzilla

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ghostgodzilla
I can confirm that we stilll have that 1% hit with the egg throw by complete accident (lol) . The fact that I can't do anything to test with an old version bugs me.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I mentioned this in the 1.1.4 Patch DIscussions thread, but if Yoshi was thought to have a gravity change then his Air Times would of changed, correct? Because his Short & Full Hop air times are the same, so Idk if a gravity change took place this patch.

Last edited:

1hipG33K

Smash Cadet
NNID
1hipG33K
3DS FC
2294-5791-6012
Thanks for the replies y'aIl! Hopefully this gets figured out, as I can't seem to find more posts for the Yoshi. It has to be something because there aren't files for every character. The mystery is still out there...

I'd love to see what we find.

White_Pointer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wh1tepointer
Last edited:

Pixel_

Smash Ace
Somebody help me start a riot we need that frame of invincibility back
Well, it makes sense how hard it was to find.

DJlive

Smash Apprentice
Didn't even notice. Lol. I don't mind that change even if it technically is a nerf

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Err, cause it is a slight nerf.
Extremely tiny nerf, it's about as insignificant than our Ledge getup attack doing 1 more shield damage.

ReturningFall

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RecurringN
3DS FC
1934-0989-6824
Is this trip only on Ness dtilt/Diddy Banana, etc? Or are there other ways to enter the trip state?

White_Pointer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wh1tepointer
Yeah...while a 1 frame change can make a difference in some cases, this is not one of them really. I don't see this having much if any affect on the meta, considering how rare tripping is in the first place (outside of the Diddy MU) and that every character now has the same number of i-frames.

Last edited:

muddykips

Smash Apprentice
NNID
skippykips
3DS FC
3609-1085-1849
if tripping could be teched, this would be a nerf

but the whole point of tripping is to get a guaranteed followup while the opponent is completely helpless

nobody's gonna try and read your getup option after a trip, so 1 frame less invincibility on our trip getup makes absolutely no difference. can't even properly be called a nerf imo

Last edited:

1hipG33K

Smash Cadet
NNID
1hipG33K
3DS FC
2294-5791-6012
Still, our rolls suck as is! What was the need to make them that tiny bit ****tier? I agree it's no deal breaker. but it is still a nerf in an area where we are already towards the bottom in ranking.

Top Bottom