• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Patch 1.0.4 Released for Smash 3DS, No Public Patch Notes

Joesatt

Smash Rookie
NNID
Joesatt
giphy.gif

No patch notes? That's awesome. Does it fix that issue where people get banned for 136 years? Although, I have no issue with patches, just take it easy with the changes. I can only imagine updating and having my main be a completely different character...

Engage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WeegeeUser
Its hard to say anything is "UNBALANCED" at this point in time. Less than 2 months old. My comment was more in response to what it represents anyway. With this mentality, wavedashing would have been taken out of Melee as soon as people began using it. This is going to get annoying as hell.
They couldn't take it out Melee, as Melee didn't have patching available. And not only that, Melee woulda had to be taken off of shelves and reshipped and all that mess back then if they did fix Wavedashing (which would of required fixing aerial dodging in general). I'm happy that they're fixing this stuff.

C-SAF

Smash Journeyman
They couldn't take it out Melee, as Melee didn't have patching available. And not only that, Melee woulda had to be taken off of shelves and reshipped and all that mess back then if they did fix Wavedashing (which would of required fixing aerial dodging in general). I'm happy that they're fixing this stuff.
Yeah that was the point, they didn't to it to melee, but they can do it now so they will. Maybe they did the right thing, but we will never know. 13 years later it certainly looks like leaving melee alone was the right thing.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Does this mean all toss canceling is gone? So literally anytime the game is played in a way Nintendo did not intend it to be they are going to patch it and call the techniques "glitches". I'm sticking to melee until that changes....
Lcanceling and wavedashes were glitches that were not intended; the game's development was too far along to remove them. Using them to the point of making them a part of general gameplay was not meant to be. So... I assume that you are being sarcastic.

GeZ

Smash Lord
Lcanceling and wavedashes were glitches that were not intended; the game's development was too far along to remove them. Using them to the point of making them a part of general gameplay was not meant to be. So... I assume that you are being sarcastic.
I wouldn't assume he's being sarcastic. Gameplay unintended by the developers is the foundation of the fighting game, as a genre.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I wouldn't assume he's being sarcastic. Gameplay unintended by the developers is the foundation of the fighting game, as a genre.
Yes it is. Buuuuut he/she is complaining that Ninendo calls unintended occurrences "glitches"; then they proceed to fix them, thus changing the game... Because they ARE glitches. lol

GeZ

Smash Lord
Yes it is. Buuuuut he/she is complaining that Ninendo calls unintended occurrences "glitches"; then they proceed to fix them, thus changing the game... Because they ARE glitches. lol
I think the fact that they're constantly patching this game is one of its biggest problems. Like, I understand the logic from Nintendo, but I also understand that the company should have a better grasp of meta growth in a game in flux.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
Guys, DACUS isn't gone. You just need Tap Jump on for whatever reason. Really Nintendo? I mean, thanks for the patch, but this is bull.

Last edited:

Lemon Girl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Maguitus
3DS FC
0147-0570-9943
Guys, DACUS isn't gone. You just need Tap Jump on for whatever reason. Really Nintendo? I mean, thanks for the patch, but this is bull.
Still doesn't work, and I know how to DACUS on the 3DS, Dash > attack > up + grab. All I get from it is stopping myself in place while doing a up-smash.

C-SAF

Smash Journeyman
L-canceling was actually intentional, Nintendo even had a word for it calling it the "soft landing" mechanic. And I'm not explaining why wavedashing isn't a "glitch", because god knows how many times that's been said, but you should just know that it isn't. Even those who don't like the mechanic wouldn't refer to it as a glitch because that's not what it is.

No sarcasm either

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
I think the fact that they're constantly patching this game is one of its biggest problems. Like, I understand the logic from Nintendo, but I also understand that the company should have a better grasp of meta growth in a game in flux.
They've only patched it like 3 times, and this is the first time they actually tamper with character properties. Everything else were bug fixes and other cosmetic changes like Conquest's anonymous scores until it ends.

It's only been a month since the game's been out and to be honest, I think the nerfs and buffs they distributed across the board are perfect to have, whether it was early or not, and whether they've been patching constantly or not.

Last edited:

Lemon Girl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Maguitus
3DS FC
0147-0570-9943
I hope (really really hope) the reason there wasn't patch notes with this update is because this was the intented release version, everything here is already implemented on the Wii U, so in reality this is the 1.0.0 version, I don't think they're gonna patch the game every two months from here on.

5ully

Smash Ace
NNID
5ully151
3DS FC
0920-2807-1002
Yeah.....I'm trading this game in....

Solarman

Smash Cadet
What irritates me the most is how the game has been out for two months and we are already getting huge changes. It really prevents the game from developing especially when they go on a witch hunt for "glitches" like rush canceling. I really feel like nintendo is taking any potential this game had and is throwing it out the window. Also im just really mad rush canceling is gone now megaman just got even less viable i dont have an easy route vs the likes of ness and robins fire spam.

Newt Floss

Smash Journeyman
The idea that Nintendo isn't modern because they don't release patch notes is absurd. They're balancing the game to make it more fun, not to pander to nerds.

Last edited:

GeZ

Smash Lord
With no release notes on these updates, there is going to be a **** load of guessing, "confirming", and "feel like x is different" regarding the game's changes every time there's a new update.
Jesus christ, you're right. The Smash 4 board is going to be a mess. By the way, what are you thinking of Smash 4 so far?

\\Killer//

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one happy for nintendo actually trying to balance there games?

Gamer807

Smash Cadet
This was a huge update, and no patch notes released? Well this is nintendo we are talking about here, they are somewhat new to the online scene. I'll let them pass on this one. Also thanks for nerfing :rosalina:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Is vectoring gone?
As a matter of fact, I can confidently say that vectoring is indeed gone. If you wish to test it for yourself, go against a LVL 9 CPU Link on a flat stage. Let him juggle you until eventually he goes for UTilt/USmashes repeatedly. Try to vector. You no longer can die as Mario at 90% by vectoring straight up anymore. Nor do you fly really low at such a percent by vectoring straight down.

Now try to DI. You'll fly to the left or right just like you would in previous Smash games.

Welcome back, Directional Influence.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
I ****ing hate this patch.

Seriously canceling pre order.

Keep nerfing my characters and making this game slow paced nintendo and I will never buy your new smash bros game.

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Nintendo pls, give patch notes.

I'm glad they're patching the game, even if it has only been 6 and a half weeks. Personally, I hope the patches keep coming, as it'll force people to adopt new tactics and change with the game, instead of remaining static with only some characters being "competitively viable" compared to others.

Elegant

Smash Apprentice
They need to do patch notes or this game will die competitively.

GeZ

Smash Lord
I don't want to touch the topic with a 50-yard stick.

I'll say that I dislike it on the whole and leave it at that.
Fair. I agree with that as well. Don't see you posting in the P:M boards, though now I can't remember if I have ever seen you post there. You play primarily Melee?

SuaveChaser

Smash Journeyman
This sucks to have ninja patches without any notes it is way too early in the game's lifespan. It will be hard to take smash 4 serious if this keeps going.

ChrisP4

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Christian.P4
3DS FC
5284-1444-6964
As a matter of fact, I can confidently say that vectoring is indeed gone. If you wish to test it for yourself, go against a LVL 9 CPU Link on a flat stage. Let him juggle you until eventually he goes for UTilt/USmashes repeatedly. Try to vector. You no longer can die as Mario at 90% by vectoring straight up anymore. Nor do you fly really low at such a percent by vectoring straight down.

Now try to DI. You'll fly to the left or right just like you would in previous Smash games.

Welcome back, Directional Influence.
Whaaat. Are you serious? Well if that's the case, it didnt take long before that feature was gone.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Fair. I agree with that as well. Don't see you posting in the P:M boards, though now I can't remember if I have ever seen you post there. You play primarily Melee?
I don't post much on Smash Boards as a whole of late. No time to play Melee or PM and no excitement for the new game. Just biding my time trying to get through college and waiting for Splatoon to launch.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
No patch notes,

****ing ridiculous. Sorry to curse... but **** you to whoever decided that was the right way to do things. I'm taking a break from the game. I'll just wait until people figure things out and go from there. I'm not going to be a blind test dummy. Nintendo needs to learn how to make communication a 2 way process, this is pathetic.

byebye

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BigByeBee
do those who rant about removing the ATs / glitches of other characters:
that was a fix. in general if you do some move in mid air, you should have the appropriate landing lag. it was unfair for peach / greninja to bypass that global rule while most should just "deal with it". so now I'll say it: deal with it.

for those that were looking for patch notes, has Nintendo given you guys change notes of the differences of Smash4 and brawl?
No?
But you guys didn't whine back then?

Move on guys. just adapt. in 5-6 years, Smash5 will come and none of this will matter anymore.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
You guys do realize that the WiiU version is coming out, right? It's had a lot more development time than the 3ds version, so of course, it needed the patch. The gameplay now should be the same as the WiiU because some of these changes were noted in the WiiU version as well. It's expected.

Top Bottom