• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Patch 1.0.4 is here.

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
Knockback on forward smash with red pikmin has been increased.

Pikmin A.I. has been improved and less de-syncing occurs now.

White pikmin deal 3-4% latch damage, up from 2-3%.

All pikmin latch on for longer. Example: 1 white pikmin can deal 40% damage on a target, up from 20%.

Pikmin are now usable after a down throw into down smash.

Last edited:

Legend28469

Smash Cadet
NNID
Legend28469
Well, I guess now is a good time to introduce myself. I used to play Toon Link and when I heard they were gonna nerf his Bomb Lag Cancel, I figured I should jump ship. Now that the patch is here it turns out they were right. I've been playing Olimar for a few days and have been very happy!

Seleir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yoshigold
3DS FC
2707-1692-7697
Switch FC
2632-8168-1029
yeah think that damage of olimar smashes is decresaed also air let me see

Seleir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yoshigold
3DS FC
2707-1692-7697
Switch FC
2632-8168-1029
Smash is the same :D
also up tilt deals 7% instead of 8%
also you cannot do pickmin pluck on the ledge like brawl (with no lag)

Last edited:

Augi Jr.

Smash Cadet
I noticed a definite boost in Olimars attributes. Most notably, the reaction time of the Pikmin. They're much improved. Olimar may be much more viable now as a fighter. Damage, Range, and AI are all up; his knock-back resistance may also be improved slightly.

Seleir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yoshigold
3DS FC
2707-1692-7697
Switch FC
2632-8168-1029
I noticed a definite boost in Olimars attributes. Most notably, the reaction time of the Pikmin. They're much improved. Olimar may be much more viable now as a fighter. Damage, Range, and AI are all up; his knock-back resistance may also be improved slightly.
agreee with you, now he is competive. thank you sakurai

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
I can confirm the Desync Down Smash tech still works. Also it did seem like the desyncs were a bit less frequent, but that was just in training mode. Gonna want to play some real matches before I put my faith in Pikmin AI completely. Also purple Up-Smash has always done 18% at the sweetspot.

Smash is the same :D
also up tilt deals 7% instead of 8%
also you cannot do pickmin pluck on the ledge like brawl (with no lag)
Up-tilt has always done somewhere between 7%-8%.

Red, yellows, and blues Pikmin Throw damage has been nerfed it seems. Before they were doing about 1.3% a tick, but now they all do 1.1%.

Last edited:

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
All Pikmin latch on longer, not just whites. Whites do 3.7%, up from 2.7%, on latch. Red, Blue, and Yellow do 1.1% down from 1.3% on latch, as Myran said.

Pikmin latch on longer for one hit's worth when the opponent is at 0%. The bigger change is that they stay on a lot longer when the opponent is at higher percents, than they usually do. Against a CPU in training mode, the Pikmin stayed on for 8 hits, while they use to only stay on for two or three.

Last edited:

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Alright I did a quick rundown of his moves in training to check any percentage differences.
  • White and Purple Forward-Air does 1% more.
  • All Back-Airs do 1% more except for purples
  • White sweet spot Down-Smash does 1% more
These aren't pure 1% damage increases either. There seems to have been some adjusting on the decimal values. Due to this they lean toward doing more damage per hit after the first time, instead the base amount of the first hit. Ex. A purple fair will start out doing 11%, but more fairs after will keep doing 12%.

samoht45

Smash Rookie
NNID
samoht45
This is great. I really hope the pikmin AI/desyncing problems are confirmed fix cause that's the worst thing. I may have noticed a an increase in pikmin return speed with whistle, but this could be placebo effect or just visual, cannot confirm.

Capitan Olimar

Smash Rookie
Ahora los pikmin te siguen desde el inicio de un combate cuando corres.

Now pikmin follow you from the beginning of a battle when you dash .

Blue Banana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
2ndDerivative
3DS FC
4038-6328-0283
Testing on number of hits a latched Pikmin does with default Side B on a standing CPU dummy in Training mode.
0-20%: 11 hits
21-49%: 10 hits
50-79%: 9 hits
80-117%: 8 hits
118-150%: 7 hits
151-188%: 6 hits
189% and beyond: 5 hits or less

This is the number of hits with the same conditions before 1.0.4.
0-19%: 8 hits
20-52%: 7 hits
53-83%: 6 hits
84-115%: 5 hits
116-147%: 4 hits
148-179%: 3 hits
180+%: 2 hits
EDIT: On a smaller note, Olimar's Side B 2 is now capable of doing 19 hits at 0%, the maximum being 16 pre-1.0.4. There's no damage buffs or nerfs in Side B 2 (1% for reds/blues/yellows and 2% for whites), meaning that whites have slightly less maximum damage potential in exchange for a larger maximum damage potential for reds, yellows, and blues.

Last edited:

Freezie KO

Smash Journeyman
This is all great news. Especially the pikmin latching on for longer at higher %. But the range and AI buffs are much needed as well.

The only negative is that I must admit that I did find some pleasure in winning matches online when I so rarely saw any other Olimar/Alph players.

Seleir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yoshigold
3DS FC
2707-1692-7697
Switch FC
2632-8168-1029
EDIT: On a smaller note, Olimar's Side B 2 is now capable of doing 19 hits at 0%, the maximum being 16 pre-1.0.4. There's no damage buffs or nerfs in Side B 2 (1% for reds/blues/yellows and 2% for whites), meaning that whites have slightly less maximum damage potential in exchange for a larger maximum damage potential for reds, yellows, and blues.

think i preferd based, also this custom is useful with character that dont use a lot of project. alternate so custom 2 and hard pluck for people like toon link.

What do you think?

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
After further testing, it appears the range of forward smash has not been increased, but the knockback has been increased with red pikmin forward smash.

Blue Banana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
2ndDerivative
3DS FC
4038-6328-0283
After further testing, it appears the range of forward smash has not been increased, but the knockback has been increased with red pikmin forward smash.
I can confirm that the Fsmash range is the same as before, but I don't think if the knockback part is true. I tested out the max launcher speed of an uncharged red Fsmash on 1.0.3 and put down 170 using Pikabunz's method in the community patch thread. Then I did the same thing on 1.0.4, and I got 169. The only discrepancy possible between the two numbers is that I may have slightly charged up the Fsmash on 1.0.3, so I'm assuming the knockback of the red Fsmash is the same.

Going on from testing knockback, can someone try testing any difference in knockback in Olimar's fair, if possible? Before 1.0.4, I KO'd Mario in Training at 171% at his starting position on Battlefield Omega with a purple fair, but I tested fair again on a whim on 1.0.4 with the same conditions , and he got KO'd at 159%. It's possible that I have made a mistake on my KO percentage pre-1.0.4, as even though Mario got KO'd at 159% on 1.0.4, the damage Mario from the Purple fair made his total 171%.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
So after some testing from Hilt and I we have figured out that no moves have damage increase/decrease aside from the Pikmin Throw.
  • White's have had their damage increased to 3.7% a tick of up from 2.7%.
  • R/Y/B have had their damage decreased to 1.1% at tick down from 1.3%.
  • Pikmin also stay on longer when attached.
  • Down throw down smash glitch was fixed.
  • Pikmin Pluck cannot be ledge canceled anymore either.
This is everything that has been 100% confirmed. I didn't add any of the changes in regards to knockback from attacks. I'm not the best at testing all that, and Blue Banana seems like he's got it under control. If any more changes are verified make sure to drop them here, and I'll update the list.

Blue Banana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
2ndDerivative
3DS FC
4038-6328-0283
I didn't add any of the changes in regards to knockback from attacks. I'm not the best at testing all that, and Blue Banana seems like he's got it under control. If any more changes are verified make sure to drop them here, and I'll update the list.
Hey, so I actually only recorded the Max Launcher Speeds for what is considered to be Olimar's kill moves (Smashes, Uthrow, Bair, etc.) and a few other attacks like tilts, so I didn't actually record the speeds for all of his moves. That being said, as far as I tested, the launcher speeds look to be the same for the moves that I tested, so I'm assuming that the knockback of Olimar's moves are the same, aside from maybe Fair.

Aside from that, I noted that there was a glitch with Olimar's grab in 1.0.3. Basically, if the opponent is released from Olimar's grab, the next time he attempts a dash grab (pivot or not), he'll instead go into his "grab release" animation. This was fixed with 1.0.4.

Otherwise, there is a change that is not specifically related to Olimar but is universal in that apparently vectoring is removed with the 1.0.4 patch, according to the patch thread.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
I've heard mixed things in regards to vectoring so I'll hold out on that. It's really nice to hear that the grab bug has been fixed. I hated when it would randomly screw me up.

Seleir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yoshigold
3DS FC
2707-1692-7697
Switch FC
2632-8168-1029
yeah think VI is nerf now and we must do some test, think about DI is coming on wii u and can release instead of VI?

Top Bottom