• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Party Phil (Wii series) for Smash Bros!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
This thread is to support the inclusion of Party Phil, the Wii Party representative who keeps on being awesome throughout Nintendo's "Wii" series (Wii Party, Wii Music, etc.)

WHO IS PARTY PHIL?
Party Phil is the host of numerous Wii title games for Nintendo consoles. His happy attitude brings joy to these events, and a family (hopefully) loves him to no end!

WHY SHOULD PARTY PHIL BE IN SMASH BROS? DO YOU REALLY THINK HE'S MORE DESERVING THAN RIDLEY?
Wii Fit Trainer made it into Smash Bros. To me, that means anyone can be in. Maybe not everyone.
Party Phil also makes an appearance in Wii Music as Sebastian Tute, which means he has been in enough popular Nintendo titles to warrant an inclusion in Smash Bros. He's on par with Wii Fit Trainer. 3 Games with him in it, just like Wii Fit.

WHAT KIND OF MOVESET COULD PARTY PHIL BE GIVEN?
Who knows? That's really up to Sakurai, but let me know what kind of moves Party Phil should have, Smashboarders! We have some people here that can really make a move set

All in support of Party Phil, please say so in the discussion of this thread! I will add your name here:
PlTe

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
I asked a friend of mine who he wanted to be in, and he said Party Phil would be a hilarious addition. We both agreed his Star KO scream would be quite funny.

rmw6190

Smash Rookie
Im surprised no one made this thread sooner. Party phil is the man. Some people will say he is annoying, some will say the wii 'series' already has two reps being the mii and the wii fit trainer. But screw those guys, the mii is like an avatar for all nintendo games and wasnt just used for the wii series and wii fit trainer is iconic of wii fit. So it'd be fine with me if party phil showed up. And looking at nintendos recent and past history wii party is a good franchise to represent. It is one of the best selling games on the wii and the sequel is a best selling game on the wii u. Not only that but he is from a party game, and as of my knowledge no party games are even acknowledged in smash(besides maybe tropheys and music). And if you view smash as a celebration of all things nintendo, and the wii era only having 2 reps, why not represent it with party phil. As for a moveset, he has loads of party games to pick from, but why not also include mario party minigames, as a way to show off both major nintendo party series.

I doubt he will get in, and most people will view him as a joke character, but if you look at the nintendo wii and ds era the only new ips not represented are wii party(unless you count the mii but dont), Cooking mama, Captain rainbow(huge failure, doubt nintendo will want to reference it at all), professor layton(2nd or 3rd party to level 5 games), xenoblades chronicle, and a few other one time games.

I know people want some of the wii u and 3ds new ips, like wonder red(wonderful 101), inkling(splatoon), dillion(dillions rolling western), and those guys are all cool, but wonder red is both too new and difficult to throw onto the 3ds, due to graphical limitations. Dillion had a chance, but now people are saying he will be good for smash 5. His games were fun, and honestly as a smash 4 rep he wouldnt be bad as he represented a new franchise, the nintendo e-shop and 3ds, but for smash 5 he wont be new any more and since his games are e-shop exclusive I dont see him having the staying power to define the current era of nintendo(like the inklings, wonder red, and captain toad will)

Personally I would love to see party phil in the game, but the only thing I am really hoping for is a pushmo themed level or some party themed mode/ stage. (seriously I dont see how nintendo can not represent even mario party in smash)

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Seems like a character who would be a perfect default setting for one of the Miis. Cannot see why we would have any other Mii character's, because a Mii is a Mii, they are exactly that- characters who serve to be any of their own characters.
If we are going to have a party series character, I'd honestly rather have a character who represents a different series, and can do something that is not already heavily represented. The Mii's are an entire create-a-character MODE. They need no more individual characters.
How about Monita instead? Nintendoland is amazing.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Party Phil's face just convinced me to be a supporter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom