• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Partners for Puff?

Orsa

Smash Rookie
I have a friend who wants to practice a bit and try to go tournement level for doubles. He usually runs a Fox/Falco/Roy. Who would be the best partners for Puff? Thanks.

CQue tHe Sunn

Smash Journeyman
sheik. grab + rest combos are quickly pulled off. (hence sheiks speed)
needles wake up jiggs from rest.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
I'd go with roy if it had to be out of those 3.

roy has good grab range, so you can get a rest out of the grab or an uthrow (which no one would ever do btw, but it would be awesome)

also jiggly could wop after roys fsmash.

and my final reason being that what would your opponents think when you select roy jiggly team against their sheik fox team? they'd be crapping their pants.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
I partner with a Marth, and we own faces all over the place. Listen to Magus, those three are definitely the best. Falco's almost as good, but his lasers are hella annoying if they hit you.

pdk

Smash Lord
someone who can cover for your short-*** range with stuff like needles/falco lasers so you can safely approach people, simple

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
What about Ganon? Is he a good partner for Jiggly?
I team with a Jiggly on a regular basis and its great fun. Edgeguard like none other as well. As long as you dont mind waking the Jiggly up with a jab, then grab + rest works well too, because at lower %, you can usually d-throw --> regrab the person if the jiggly is taking too long. Also, Ganon is pretty far away from his opponent when he grabs them, so you shouldn't have any accidental deaths. And if the jiggly grabs, then you can stomp!! :)

You both have good recoveries too. ^^

Duha

Smash Journeyman
he would shake my hand.

me and my friend played double jiggly the other day and 6 stocked somebody should have 8 stocked them. and he doesn't even play jiggly he is a marth player. Only time he ever plays jiggly is when we team or when me and him try to fly around every stage when we are board, we call it follow the leader. But he is not great with jiggly but he is better resting then i am and i am much better at everything else so it compliments each other real well.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Why stomp when you can punch?
good luck holding them long enough to get one off, without the partner breaking it up.
In addition to the timing, wouldn't spacing be an issue? Get to close, and unless it's their last stock or something, and Jiggz would go flying as well..

...or would she? I've always been confused on that, on who you can hit and who you can't hit when there's grabbing being done...

Magus420

Smash Master
As long as the attack hits the person being held 1st, the grabber can get their shield up by the time the attack reaches the grabber a few frames later. The more hitlag the attack has the better. If the attack comes out ontop of both of them at the same time however, they will both get hit. The hitbox on warlock punch moves so it's pretty hard to place incorrectly.

A_mArIo

Smash Cadet
well neutral B does have a pretty small hitbox...just the hand(i think). And also of course the partner would interupt neutral B lol I wasnt serious...although I once did the neutral B grab in a team match(partner was a Fox...I think) and when the opponents partner came to interupt he accidently got in the hitbox of the move...sucked to be them...

remrock

Smash Rookie
I play Puff and I'm usually teamed with a Ganon, so above I'd have to agree with Yang above. Mainly Ganon's grab has saved my butt numerous times and the reverse helps. :)

Duha

Smash Journeyman
lovo yes we were shown the light from you and chaps double jiggz but we modified our teams. Nin9 is better at gimpy rest and i am better at tippers so he is jiggly and i am marth lol. Kind of funny cause his main is marth and my main is jiggly but we switched roles for team it works better that way.

Sir Jigsbee

Smash Cadet
2 Jigglypuffs is a great team because you can consistantly WOP the enemy without giving them any time at all to attack against Puff's insane priority.

Also, Marth is good because he has good grabs, so can hold the opponent whilst Jigglez comes in for the kill (REST of course). Also, Marth has quite good smash attack, so he can smash opponents off the edge and Jigglypuff can WOP them whilst Marth edgeguards any stragglers with a sweetspotted fsmash or charge attack.

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
haha that can be true. I have played with some good Falcos on my team and its kinda mean. Just use their insane close range board control and then when they are off the edge Falco can usually get them if they go below the stage like Marth. and Jiggs can Pound Falco's wimpy recovery *** back to the stage if need be.

I do like the Gannon tag though just b/c I'm used to playing Gannon Gannon or Jiggs Gannon. I feel that grabbing into a rest is never something I consider. I wouldn't do that unless I really want to get my partner killed. Gannon's Dthrow to Dair, depending on the character, I'll jump in and rest after that and take a jab to wake up.

Top Bottom