• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Paratroopa for prez!

Kecleon

Smash Rookie
The classic Mario foe, and he hasn't been a usable character yet, screw you Nintendo. Paratroppa has appeared in lots, and lots of Mario Games, and is well known too. Show some appreciation for the porr flying reptile! And here is poor Paratroopa's shrine!

Stats:
Jumping: ***
Weight: **
Speed: *****
Traction: *
Power: ***

Standard Attack: Aerial Jab Paratroopa will do a downward horizontal jab at the foe, and is a very, very easy move to pull chains off with. It is fast. but not powerful to say the least.

Stronger Attack: Aerial summersault Paratroopa will do a summersault, extending his legs and kicking an enemy that touches his feet. That HAS to hurt if you get hit in the head O_O

Smash B Attack: Smash Shell Paratroopa will curl himself into his shell and shoot himself, but not far, just one "smash yard". It has quite a bit of knockback, and is generally strong, but slow to execute.

Forward B Attack: Para Uppercut Paratroopa will fly down as far as it can go without killing himself or going below the main platform, and uppercutting anyone who's caught in the upward strike of the attack. High knockback, but slow to pull off.

Upward B Attack: Para-Fortress This move is similar to Bowser's "Fotress", except that it is faster, has much weaker knockback, and deals less damage, but it does go higher than Whirling Fortress when executed.

Dashing Attack: Does a spinning barrage of jabs

Everyone, Paratroopa has endured:

-Headstomps
-Cliff falls
-Fire Balls
-Evasive Agony

To get his big butt in Brawl. He's played Baseball, he's played golf, he's raced. It's time for him to join the multitude of heroes known as: The Smashers!

Cinder

Smash Master
It's generic, it has no backstory, it's a common enemy...you may as well push for Goomba...I'm not usually one to dis an idea like this, and it's your first post, but I'm gonna have to say no to this one...sorry

Kecleon

Smash Rookie
It's generic, it has no backstory, it's a common enemy...you may as well push for Goomba...I'm not usually one to dis an idea like this, and it's your first post, but I'm gonna have to say no to this one...sorry
C'mon, Paratroopa's been 'round since the Super Mario Bros. days, when he was only an adorable, 8-bit little turtle with wings, now he's found himself in quite a few Mario sports games, and many, many Mario Games in general, you might as well not even know who Mario is to not know who our little scaly friend Paratroopa is.

'Sides, I've been visiting this place for a while, just using the site, until I finally decided to join in the character speculation. Oh, and actually yeah, you sort of can push for Goomba, since he's probably the most commonly known enemy in Mario, and his famous weakness: the dreaded headbonk :O

Paratroopa has the potental.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
Paratroppa could be in the Next Mario spinoff game, but I don't think he's going to be in Brawl. Lyn was pretty much a main character, and look what happened to her. =|

...He's still better than Goombas and a lot of Mario enimies though. And then again, ehat do I know?

skullkidd

Smash Ace
Not even worthy of an AT.
An adventure mode character, like he was in Melee with Koopa and Goomba.

Cinder

Smash Master
Screw the attack trophys. We're talkin' 'bout makin' Paratroopa a character that you can actually use AND control...
ASSIST trophies...and that's probably the best Paratroopa can do...sorry (again)
Like the moveset, but still, AT at best...it could fly around the arena and tackle everyone (but the user) at high speed...as an AT

Metroid-Kirby

Smash Rookie
Koopa Para-Troopa Agreement!

I couldn't agree more man!
But he needs a regular B standard.How about it being the Paratroopa combo!(onepress of B=fire ball,next press of B=Hammer,then the next time you press B it should send spikes around him!)
He should also have an un-lockable version,like a Para-Troopa Guard!you know,the knights with spikes)
Well,he should also have an item for himself like a Koopa Sword!
His special attack(the SSB symbol that makes special attacks like Mario's fire)should be an army of all kinds of Troopas like Fire,Ice,Guard,Hammer,ETC.
Anyway,awesome idea! I'm only 12,but I know stuff!

Kecleon

Smash Rookie
Everyone, Paratroopa, I think Paratroopa needs a spot in Brawl as surely as I think Bush does a crappy job protectin' us from them terrorists! :p

C'mon, we've come to support Paratroopa, not degrade the poor flying turtle. He is more than capable of squishing Wart or Shy Guy's chances of getting into Brawl.

Here's the thing. These days, people (Kids who'll buy Brawl) don't care about backstory, or genetics. People don't care about quality characters getting inserted into the game, or characters being balanced or anything like that, most kids anyway. They care about graphics, and cool looking characters.

Paratroopa is a flying, two legged 3-D Turtle that's at least the size of a grown man. What more 'could ya want? Still, Paratroopa is definitely having a chance here, and I say, that he should by all means take it, and flee from the angry Shy Guy who could've gotten it first.

If anyone has anything to add to this Paratroopa shrine, please add to it. :D

Cinder

Smash Master
Everyone, Paratroopa, I think Paratroopa needs a spot in Brawl as surely as I think Bush does a crappy job protectin' us from them terrorists! :p

C'mon, we've come to support Paratroopa, not degrade the poor flying turtle. He is more than capable of squishing Wart or Shy Guy's chances of getting into Brawl.

Here's the thing. These days, people (Kids who'll buy Brawl) don't care about backstory, or genetics. People don't care about quality characters getting inserted into the game, or characters being balanced or anything like that, most kids anyway. They care about graphics, and cool looking characters.

Paratroopa is a flying, two legged 3-D Turtle that's at least the size of a grown man. What more 'could ya want? Still, Paratroopa is definitely having a chance here, and I say, that he should by all means take it, and flee from the angry Shy Guy who could've gotten it first.

If anyone has anything to add to this Paratroopa shrine, please add to it. :D
Yes, I agree, Bush IS doing a crappy job, but not just at preventing terrorism, but as a whole...
We're not saying Paratroopa needs a backstory to amuse us...he needs a backstory for the Subspace Emissary, which encorporates every character's backstory into the game...anyone who has no backstory to tell wouldn't have a place in the SE, and therefore no chance at being a playable character...and KIDS aren't gonna be buying Brawl (well, I can't say that...but its probable T rating will dissuade a lot of parents from letting thier little kids play it), so Sakurai is somewhat leaning to an older audience (13-14+...and once you hit 13, "cute and colorful characters" don't mean jack compared to having an awesome story to tell)...I'm not trying to dis you or Paratroopa in any way...it's just that from what Sakurai has revealed about Brawl's relying on backstories and more emotional tone, a fun, goofy character like Paratroopa wouldn't fit...honestly, if backstories weren't as crucial as they are, Paratroopa would be worth consideration...

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
The classic Mario foe, and he hasn't been a usable character yet, screw you Nintendo.
Actually, he was a playable character in the original Mario Tennis (one of my preferred ones, so it happens).

DRILL DOZER JILL FOR BRAWL!!!

Cinder

Smash Master
You know, there's a question I've been meaning to ask you: why did you say Paratroopa for PREZ? Honestly, it doesn't make much since to me...granted, it would be better than Bush:p but still, why prez?

Kecleon

Smash Rookie
Bah! He isn't even AT worthy... Make him a sticker!
He's worthy of at least an AT, and if not, full out deserves a character spot.

Ironic how almost EVERYONE posting here would much rather like to make Paratroopa an AT or trophy, or sticker, rather than root for a character position, which is in fact, what this thread supports, but all I see is people who are dissin' the turtle :urg:

So, I'm gonna make a quote that will keep away all people who think in such a manner as this.

"Everyone, when you dis Paratroopa, Nintendo cries.

Please, think about Nintendo :("

bored

Smash Ace
HELL NO! He was good for Mario Kart but for Brawl, that just plain out of the question!

Kecleon

Smash Rookie
HELL NO! He was good for Mario Kart but for Brawl, that just plain out of the question!
If you're here, you're here to support Paratroopa, not dis him.

Oh and GENO would be better? Flying Turtle, or mugly puppet?

Geno has only been featured in SMRPG, for Super Nintendo, which many little kids who might buy Brawl haven't even been alive to play (Or even hear of it), but Paratroopa has been in most games where there is Mario and Luigi in it :p

Seriously, Paratroopa'd make a sick character...

Cinder

Smash Master
He's worthy of at least an AT, and if not, full out deserves a character spot.

Ironic how almost EVERYONE posting here would much rather like to make Paratroopa an AT or trophy, or sticker, rather than root for a character position, which is in fact, what this thread supports, but all I see is people who are dissin' the turtle :urg:

So, I'm gonna make a quote that will keep away all people who think in such a manner as this.

"Everyone, when you dis Paratroopa, Nintendo cries.

Please, think about Nintendo :("
We're not dissing you (or at least I'm not...), we're using logic to explain why Paratroopa has a slim to none *coughnonecough* chance at Brawl...I think Illiad has the right idea...

Paratroopa for generic Adventure Mode enemy!
See, sorry to break it to you, but that's probably the best Paratroopa can do...have you noticed that every character's moves have history behind them? Paratroopa has no moves in its games, other than tennis rackets, golf clubs, a kart, and a baseball bat...all but the kart are taken, and that can't constitute a moveset...besides, what separates it from other enemies, like Goomba, Koopa, Boo, and countless others? If you let Paratroopa in, you'd be acting unfair to the other low rank enemies, and you'd have to let them all in...which SO AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!

Star105

Smash Journeyman
GO Paratrooper

i wan't him for brawl because thanks to the myriad amount of games that he has been in he could have a great moveset.........

Paratrooper for Brawl as a playable character!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah i like generic characters or unusual characters alot of the time so i go for obscure characters that have little or no chance of being in Brawl

Cinder

Smash Master
If you're here, you're here to support Paratroopa, not dis him.

Oh and GENO would be better? Flying Turtle, or mugly puppet?

Geno has only been featured in SMRPG, for Super Nintendo, which many little kids who might buy Brawl haven't even been alive to play (Or even hear of it), but Paratroopa has been in most games where there is Mario and Luigi in it :p

Seriously, Paratroopa'd make a sick character...
How DARE you! That is SO the wrong thing to say...sure, Geno hasn't been around in a while, but look at the Ice Climbers, and Pit...they're both characters that seemingly vanished before Geno, so why not put Geno in? Besides, Geno had a cameo in Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga...more recent than Kid Icarus and Ice Climber...

Star105

Smash Journeyman
Ugg

what to say what to say this went from a paratrooper thread to a Geno discussion (at least i think.............) oh well

Toad, Koopa Troopa, Paratrooper, Sonic, Freeden for Brawl!

oh yeah

Paratrooper for Brawl as a Playable character!!!!

Piks

Smash Journeyman
First of all, he's a Koopa, not a turtle, learn about the character you want before you make a thread. =P

Yes... As others said before, I do think Geno is more important than Parakoopa. Sure, Geno's only been in two games, but the Ice Climbers have been in one. Plus, Geno's highly requested, and starred in SMRPG.

If Paratroopa appears as the main character in the non-spinoff Mario games, sure, but as of now, he's only in the sport and party games. Sorry.

~Piks

SonicMario

Smash Master
Ugg

what to say what to say this went from a paratrooper thread to a Geno discussion (at least i think.............) oh well
Deconfirmed, Peach uses him again

Koopa Troopa,
Generic, Embarrasing for KT to get in over Toad. Generic over one of the big 8? As everyone else said before: AT, Adventure Mode enemy, or only a sticker :p

Paratrooper,
See my Koopa explanation^^^^

Only one that i will agree with you:)

Freeden for Brawl!
Who's Freeden? 0_o

oh yeah

Paratrooper for Brawl as a Playable character!!!![/QUOTE]

(yawns)

Cinder

Smash Master
Not necessarily...it would be weird, but it's not impossible to have Toad as a PC and Peach's neut-B...it's DECREASED Toad's chances, but it hasn't been said anywhere that he's deconfirmed...not that I care, just voicing my opinion...I mean, I could care less if Toad gets in, but that's the way I see it...

Star105

Smash Journeyman

Generic, Embarrasing for KT to get in over Toad. Generic over one of the big 8? As everyone else said before: AT, Adventure Mode enemy, or only a sticker :p

See my Koopa explanation^^^^

Only one that i will agree with you:)

Who's Freeden? 0_o

oh yeah

Paratrooper for Brawl as a Playable character!!!!
(yawns)[/QUOTE]

im guessing you never played illusion of gaia (or illusion of time depending on where you live)

oh well generic enemies can have interseting movesets too i play as him in super mario kart and double dash he's a interesting character.

i don't expect him to get in but i can hope

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I think Paratroopa deserves more than what he's getting. I look for Paratroopa to be in more games, I thought he would've been in Strikers. As for SSBB, I'd expect him to be a Subspace enemy, but he'll become popular soon. Just look at Hammer Bro and Dry Bones

Cinder

Smash Master
I know he is an important mario character but I think people need to realize generic enemies will never be playable in any smash game
Exactly! Wait...how long has it been since someone posted here...whoa...

Anyway, GCM wins...finally...someone got the point across...

Oh, btw...Kecleon...you never told us why you said "Paratroopa for PREZ"...WTF is up with that?

Cinder

Smash Master
Hmmm...I wasn't paying attention...

Paratroopa DECONFIRMED!! Thank you, Megadio...maybe now this thread will die and stay dead...
Your disrespectful to all Troopa.
see this thread:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=72461

if u want to see what others take on him is

oh yeah

PARATROOPER FOR BRAWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh::laugh::):):)
*face palm*...or maybe not...

Look...unless Megadio was joking, Paratroopa is gone...GIVE....IT.....UP!!

Top Bottom