• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Ok guys, my military service just started, and I have no way to get internet over there, so I'll be screwed for the next 10 months. I'll definitively come back when I finish this ****

Peace
Good luck. I joined the af a year ago this month so I know how your feeling.

:phone:

SpeedyJ

Smash Journeyman
Good luck and best wishes Overgamer. Who knows, you'll probably get really toned and end up being a chick magnet once you're service has finished.

:awesome:

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I started being active in my Arizona scene but i ****ed up last time lol

But yeah i want to contribute something to GDubs so i was thinking of making a Judgement guide.

I honestly think the move is way better than it gets credit for and there's more to it than lucky #9 (although deep down that's all we ever ask for)

It'll give me a personal project and a way to give back to GW

would you guys be willing to help? I'm thinking some of the things i could go over are each attack, info and special effects, and key times vs each individual characters where it's worth using as a punish while minimizing risk for maximum reward.

Judge is one of our signature moves and it can't hurt to have a centralized area for info on it, ya know?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I started being active in my Arizona scene but i ****ed up last time lol

But yeah i want to contribute something to GDubs so i was thinking of making a Judgement guide.

I honestly think the move is way better than it gets credit for and there's more to it than lucky #9 (although deep down that's all we ever ask for)

It'll give me a personal project and a way to give back to GW

would you guys be willing to help? I'm thinking some of the things i could go over are each attack, info and special effects, and key times vs each individual characters where it's worth using as a punish while minimizing risk for maximum reward.

Judge is one of our signature moves and it can't hurt to have a centralized area for info on it, ya know?
Haha, I've had this idea in my head for a really long time, but am too lazy to start something up. Yay for people who give a ****!

Snopy

Smash Apprentice
Hey, so I've been wondering if there's a thread or anything where I can get my videos criticized, even tough I only have two recent ones of a crewbattle. GnW is my secondary and I've been using him a lot in tourneys recently. And since GnW will be allowed in Mid Tiers @ my next tourney (Yes, you heard right) I will probably use him even more often. Oh I'm from Europe/Germany. Any help will be highly appreciated.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Hey, so I've been wondering if there's a thread or anything where I can get my videos criticized, even tough I only have two recent ones of a crewbattle. GnW is my secondary and I've been using him a lot in tourneys recently. And since GnW will be allowed in Mid Tiers @ my next tourney (Yes, you heard right) I will probably use him even more often. Oh I'm from Europe/Germany. Any help will be highly appreciated.
Thats cool. Why so? Europe not afraid of gdubs?

Snopy

Smash Apprentice
Nah... more like because the Tourney-host has a really biased opinion towards gnw. However, why should I complain? I'm fine with that, haha. xD

Splice

Smash Hero
Then you better destroy those mid-tier tournaments with GaW lol
I'd be surprised if a lot of people didn't use GaW at the tournament xD

Splice

Smash Hero
Just won a pretty big tourney last weekend, all GaW
Been watching lot's of Vinnies vids, for MK and Snake MUs
Metaknight SLayerZ

Now, my countrys biggest national ever for Brawl, at the very least, one of the biggest ($1000 for first + the money from entrants :D )
just around the corner

I think it's on at the same time as Genesis

There might be a livestream, hopefully I make finals :)
Wish me luck! GaW mains need it more than anyone ;)

:smash:

(and btw, about the above/aforementioned youtube video; if marths sideB comes into contact with a windbox, his momentum sends him flying forwards. You can also do that with Uair. It's never proved useful for me at tourney, because if you're both grounded and you UpB his SideB in the middle of the stage he doesn't go very far, only useful if dumb Marth uses SideB when you plank)

SpeedyJ

Smash Journeyman
Metaknight SLayerZ

Now, my countrys biggest national ever for Brawl, at the very least, one of the biggest ($1000 for first + the money from entrants :D )
just around the corner

(and btw, about the above/aforementioned youtube video; if marths sideB comes into contact with a windbox, his momentum sends him flying forwards. You can also do that with Uair. It's never proved useful for me at tourney, because if you're both grounded and you UpB his SideB in the middle of the stage he doesn't go very far, only useful if dumb Marth uses SideB when you plank)
In regards to Marth, thank you for explaining that.

On a separate note, kudos to winning your tournament! Great job! =^_^=

Also, best of luck for your nationals (pfft as if you'll even need it ;)) I'd really like to see a G&W win one!

I hope I can finish the Falco export on time. Should be able to, just for you! Auzzie-Kiwi camaraderie!
not a joke ;D

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Metaknight SLayerZ

just around the corner

Good job, man! You can do it!

Splice

Smash Hero
Thanks so much guys ^__^

With you backing me, I know I can win <3

And thanks Jmoney, but dont rush the export. I think whats already in the Falco thread has helped me a lot already so it's ok :)

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
Sup guys I'm back already. Got fired from the army because I was not strong enough and was badly ill one day after a gas mask exercice and I had several health problems... Last 11 days were hell... I'm glad I'm still alive now and that I can play Brawl again. Now I'm definitvely over with this ****.

Hope you guys are fine.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Sup guys I'm back already. Got fired from the army because I was not strong enough and was badly ill one day after a gas mask exercice and I had several health problems... Last 11 days were hell... I'm glad I'm still alive now and that I can play Brawl again. Now I'm definitvely over with this ****.

Hope you guys are fine.
Military isnt for everyone dude dont sweat it. Are you ok? Its damn near impossible to get outta basic no matter how much you suck so I know it had to be bad. That gas mask sucks dude I damn near hyperventilated too and I never had a problem woth that. Did you get the tear gaswhile you were there?

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
I got hyperventilated badly, my whole body started to feel heavy and dizzy. And had to vomit several times few minutes later, but anyway it's over now. Thanks for your concern, I'm fine now, glad that everything went smoothly at the end. Back to some peaceful gaming!

NatP

Smash Ace
Soooo, I decided to return once more to G&W's social thread. Did anything relevant happen while I was gone?

SpeedyJ

Smash Journeyman
Thanks so much guys ^__^

With you backing me, I know I can win <3

And thanks Jmoney, but dont rush the export. I think whats already in the Falco thread has helped me a lot already so it's ok :)
Ah, okay cool. :)

So how do you feel about the tournament right now?

Hope you guys are fine.
Wow, that must suck.. But hey, its a blessing in disguise (not that you need to be reminded). You're safe now and can recover and thrive in where you ought to be! At home xD! I guess I can speak on behalf of all the Game & Watchers when I say we're glad you're okay. Anyway, its great to have you back! :D

Ruuku

Smash Lord

Hope you guys are fine.
Glad to hear you're good now! Also, I may have already asked you that but where are your from in Switzerland?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Leaving for genesis tomorrow. Gonna rep GaW as hard as I can! Don't be upset when I use my secondaries though (Falco, pika for spacies, MK for clutch situations, ICs for situational moments).

Top Bottom