• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

Splice

Smash Hero
G&W is like the easiest character for ICs to infinite.
... That's why?

I assume that if IC's grabs any character, that is a loss of stock, when discussing the MU I wouldn't imagine difficulty of the CG would impact much

Not as much as how hard they are to grab... and I'd have thought GaW would be amazingly hard to grab... coz he's y'know amazing and stuff

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I heard shouting into the ears of the other player helps you break out of infinites.

Vinnie

Smash Master
Lmao. Whenever people try to yell in my ear (Dabuz and Dmbrandon so far), I just yell back at them, finish the CG, and usmash them, LOL!

KirbyIRL

Smash Journeyman
When I fight IC's i just up-b and bair a lot. Oh and space dtilt spam. Hope for them to get de-synced then **** them while their attention is split. fair popo into usmash nana so good.

iamjason8

Smash Journeyman
I never have to vs Ice Climbers.. So sad.. I have no one to play. Had a few Marths, a ROB, Tink, C.Falcon and a Meta****.

GaW da bess, tier list v5 was the first tier list to not put him down.
=D

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
The tournies yall go to don't have the MikeHaze rule?

MikeHaze rule: No yelling or making abrupt noises at your opponent. This applies to EVERYONE, players and spectators.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
LOL they actually made a rule after that set Mikehaze had (I forget if it was against Lain or Hylian)?

Best rule ever.

Vinnie

Smash Master
Hey guys, singles is over. My bracket was:

-Bye
-Tiger something (I forgot the tag. It was a Marth.) (2-0)
-Shaky (2-0) - top Ness from Florida
-Doom (2-0) - Metaknight from my region
-Tyrant (lost) (1-2) ... it was last hit, I did dthrow tech chase usmash on his last stock game 3, he BARELY survived and then killed me.

-Squall (2-0) - Snake from PA
-Candy (lost) (0-2) - Snake from md/va

Consolation matches
-Lee martin (lost) (1-2) (MK) It was 1 stock 100%+ both of us, on Delfino, he ended up winning.
-Felix (lost) (1-2) (Diddy) I was surprised as to how well I did against him, since Diddy is probably my worst match-up... but I think I figured it out. Anyways, I survived until 238% at the end of game 3 XD he was at 1 stock 65%.
-Seibrik (2-0) (MK) Top player from FL, I had some good reads and played well.

15th/174. I think I can do even better though. I wish I would have won against Tyrant and/or Lee though :( oh well. I gotta get better!

edit: I went all G&W, I went Marth against the Marth player game 2 because dittos are fun lol.

iamjason8

Smash Journeyman
Lol, I'll join in too..

Good stuff Vinnie!

What's your favorite GaW costume? I like Black, Red and Blue.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
i amD:
i accidentally deleted the msg they sent me cuz i was cleaning my inbox lol.

Also,green da bess

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Gold da bess.
In teams, though, Green/Blue are also great colors. Also, including texture hacks, I like all the melee colored G&Ws (White especially).

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
That can be explained easily though hoop damage (when you're in the magnified zone) and if hitting the balloon on Smashville does anything to those numbers (it should logically, since hitting the Balloon counts towards stale moves). Point being that character to character clashes aren't the only source of damage in this game.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
In terms of Kirby's Damage Given and G&W's Damage Taken, yes you are correct.

Kirby dealt 270% damage.
G&W took 274% damage. The extra 4% probably came from being in the blast zone.

However, the second part is what's baffling.

G&W dealt 291%
Kirby took 282%

I checked just now and hitting the smashville balloon does NOT count as "damage given." I checked using windboxes with one character and actually hitting it with another. Both characters showed 0% damage given.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
However, the second part is what's baffling.

G&W dealt 291%
Kirby took 282%
Again I don't know the specifics, but I believe the most likely explanation for that is G&W got a 1 Judgement, which would technically count as him dealing damage?

Then add a bit of hoop damage to fill in the gaps.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Again I don't know the specifics, but I believe the most likely explanation for that is G&W got a 1 Judgement, which would technically count as him dealing damage?

Then add a bit of hoop damage to fill in the gaps.
That might be the case, however let's assume G&W dealt 12% to himself. Then our first problem arises again:

Kirby dealt 270%
G&W took 274%

becomes:

Kirby dealt 270%
G&W took 262%. (I took out the 12% he did to himself).

So where did Kirby's 8% goto? He obviously couldn't have damaged himself. Mystery paradox activated! ;/

Oh and when G&W throws a 1 and deals 12% to himself it shows up on the results screen like this:

Kirby dealt 0%
G&W took 12%

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
I figured it out. That was a good theory, A2ZOMG, but no cigar. What happened was that you hit Kirby while he was in his rock. G&W dealt damage, but Kirby took none of it. You can verify yourself that this is the case.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Clever, clever. I've heard that G&W's 9 can knock Kirby out of Stone unless I'm mistaken (% based armor properties of the sort?), so Stone does register damage dealt if I'm to see that correctly.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
I'm fairly certain that the rock absorbs a certain percent (dunno what percent, I might even be mistaken), so successive moves can break through it, or a really strong hit like a fully charged smash/Nine/Oil Panic. The rock is pretty unique, in any case.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Mr. Escalator is right =) I tested the kirby rock and it does count for damage given for the other player, but not damage taken for kirby. I'll have to give ya something at VC 8 for it. And if you can figure out how I did this one then I'll buy you dinner lol (or anyone else). And no I didn't use any action replay or cheats for it.

http://i56.tinypic.com/mif2nd.jpg

Kirby's rock armor is unique in that it can take 30% and then break (I believe it's 30%). You can use multiple attacks to break it or a single attack (nine), whatever adds up to 30%.

Top Bottom