• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Paper Mario enters the fold!!! Paper Mario for DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
Paper Mario, the thinnest hero I've ever seen! A version of Mario hailing from a universe where everything is either paper or cardboard! That's right-he has a chance in Smash.
Before you get angry, saying that he has no chance and that we don't need another clone, listen up.
Paper Mario is not clone material. He has a wide array of moves in the Paper Mario games to easily separate himself from normal Mario. He uses a hammer far more frequently than normal Mario, has stickers in the latest game, could have the 3D Flip mechanic from Super Paper Mario as a counter, Thoreau the Pixl from the same game as a grab… it actually wouldn't be that bad. I know Mario already has 7 chracters, but Fire Emblem has five.
If that's possible for such an obscure series, an eighth character is possible for Mario.
His moveset potential is actually really great and there isn't very much against him.
He'd be fast with high, mobile jumps, but he'd be very lightweight.
B: Pixl

These are pretty much fairies from Super Paper Mario. He could simply throw one as a projectile and would switch between like Pac-Man's Bonus Fruit. Tippi would be standard. Cudge would be low range but high power. Dashell would trade power for sheer speed. Boomer would fly in an arc and move a bit slowly, dealing decent damage with an explosion. Piccolo would paralyze enemies, but do less damage. Slim would do multi-hits. Thoreau would not be in this move, but rather as an extended grab and a tether recovery. Barry would be his shield. These are just some of them.
Side B:Hammer. Paper Mario whips out his hammer and smashes in front of him for great damage. Chargeable.
Down B:3D Flip. This comes from Super Paper Mario. It would be simply a counter that has him flip dimensions when hit, then immediately come back and strike.
Up B:Fold Jump. Exactly what it sounds like:paper Mario would fold up for a second, then SKYROCKET upwards, dealing damage in multi-hits as he rises.
Final Smash:Royal Stickers.

Paper Mario would use the Royal Stickers and summon a giant Sticker Comet to attack enemies.
See? Paper Mario does have good potential! I'll be making a full moveset sometime-stay tuned for that!
While there are better choices, *cough* Bandana Dee *cough* I feel that Paper Mario might actually get himself a spot in the roster. Thanks for reading this thread. Let's get Paper Mario in Smash!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom