• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pandora's Tower - New Wii Game

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Pandora's Tower is a brand new game series that will be introduced with Pandora's Tower: Until I Return To Your Side (Japanese translation) for Wii, which was recently announced at the Nintendo Investor's Meeting in Tokyo.

This is the only piece of artwork (along with the logo) that has been revealed for this new title:

Nintendo has planned that this game will be released in Japan this spring, but unfortunately, there has been no word of release for America and Europe. But hopefully this doesn't mean an American and European release will not happen.

You can visit the teaser site for the game here.

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
Yes, apparently it is... and her right shoulder is kind of... misplaced.
The shoulder does look kinda weird. And I ask if its a woman because it looks sort of...anime-ish (which has a habit in most off those art styles to make dudes look like chicks)

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
I forgot, the main character of a videogame is never revealed in its official art.

Anyways, I'm interested to see how it'll turn out.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I'd bet that it has been developed and will be published by Nintendo, considering they are the company that announced it and that they didn't mention any involvement of a third party developer.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Man, that just doesn't look at all interesting. Nintendo may be publishing it, but I do not sense that charm the company is known for.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Japanese beat-um-up RPG (See:Drakengard) Probably will fail, if anything like that. I'm hardcore into JP Games, but they fail at making beat-um-ups fun. Shattered Dimensions an inFamous are great, but go play Dark Cloud or Drakengard an you'll pull your eye-sockets out from boredom.

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
- game is centered on two characters, Ende and his friend Ceres
- takes place on the Graecia continent
- this is where, in the kingdom of Elysium, the harvest festival has begun
- Ceres has been chosen to sing at this event, but as she takes the podium, a beast appears
- Ende finds Ceres after the beast appears, but she’s unconscious
- Ceres is about to be taken into the army’s custody as a witness to the beast, but thanks to the help of a merchant named Graiai, the two manage to escape to an isolated tower
- we come to find out that Ceres has been cursed by the beast
- to break the curse, Ende must collect the flesh of beasts that live within the tower
- Ceres: 15 year old girl chosen from many to sing at the harvest event, firm believer in the Eos religion
- Ende: 22 year old former soldier of Athens during a war with Elysium, quiet type
- Graiai: member of the dwarf race, gives you the Orichalcum Chain which lets its possessor know Ceres’ state
- the Chain allows you to see a timer that indicates how far along Ceres is in the curse
- use the chain to restrain the servant beasts you encounter in the towers and tear their flesh off for delivery to Ceres
- chain is also used on other items/objects in the tower
- 12 towers with different themes, all different sizes
- tower example: Red Flame Tower, which blocks your progress with fire
- get to the tower’s deepest point to fight a boss for his flesh
- must get the flesh of all 12 bosses to stop the curse, as flesh from only one boss will simply slow the curse
- simple control scheme
From Gonintendo about a week ago. I'm at least interested to see how it turns out.

Giant Shadow of the Colossus sized-climbable bosses anyone? *crosses fingers* (I think large bosses were mentioned somewhere..)

EDIT: New footage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTN16ImrdX4&feature=player_embedded

Top Bottom