• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Palutena's Temple: Stage Research

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Palutena's Temple is big enough to put every Ridley joke to shame. Combined.

Previously Covered
Yoshi's Island
Wily Castle
Gaur Plain
Pyrosphere
Temple
Mario Circuit (Brawl)
Boxing Ring
Port Town Aero Dive
Bridge of Eldin
Pilotwings
Jungle Hijinxs
Wrecking Crew
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 2
Big Battlefield
Battlefield
Smashville
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
Town & City
Duck Hunt
Delfino Plaza
Kalos Pokemon League
Mario Galaxy
Coliseum
Gamer
Wii Fit Studio
Kongo Jungle 64
Windy Hill Zone
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Orbital Gate Assault
Woolly World
Skyloft
Garden of Hope
Mushroom Kingdom U
Wuhu Island
Mario Circuit

Layout
Palutena's Temple is huge. There's no way around it, the size is simply unreal. Possibly even bigger than New Pork City, definitely bigger than Temple and Gaur Plain.

For ease of discussion, I'll break the layout into 4 sections: the Temple in the upper left, the Dungeon in the lower left, the Bridge in the middle, and the Exterior on the right.

The Temple's most obvious feature is the fountain where Player 1 spawns. The solid structure above it forms a cave of life, with a solid pillar atop that. The floating temple structure in the far upper left corner occasionally floats up and offscreen, killing players standing on it at the time, before descending again about 10 seconds later. The floor is solid except for a small passthrough section, which leads to the Dungeon.

The Dungeon is filled with solid structures. A spring on the bottom lets players access the level immediately above where a second spring bounces players high enough to land on the floating temple structure. The nearby spiked ball does 8% damage on contact. A small solid platform sticking out of the left wall occasionally retracts before emerging again. Stalactites attached to the underside do 4% damage and meteor smash players on contact.

To the right of the Temple and Dungeon is the Bridge. The bridge itself acts as a standard platform but is also destructible, with approximately 100 HP. It reforms about 15 seconds after being destroyed. A solid platform overhead moves left and right with spikes on the underside that do 10% damage, with an additional solid platform to the right, this one stationary. Underneath the bridge is a large empty space with three platforms moving clockwise in a vaguely circular pattern. A cloud moves back and forth across this gap as well, bridging the Dungeon and lower half of the Exterior.

The Exterior takes up the entire right side of the stage. The upper half is dominated by a circular stone platform that is solid from above but can be jumped through from below and moves up and down. When in the lower position, it fills a hole in the ground, while in the upper position it is accompanied by a trio of platforms that spawn while it is nearby. A ladder to the right leads to a cloud that is level with its upper position. Underneath are a smattering of earthen platforms and a tree whose boughs also provide standing room. A small section of spikes attached to the wall do 5% damage.

Players 1 and 2 start in the temple next to the fountain and beside the ladder in the exterior. Players 3 and 4 start on either side of the bridge. The Omega form floats over a void.

Other than the spikes noted above, Palutena's Temple has no damaging hazards. The only other dynamic stage features are the destructible bridge and assorted moving platforms.

Palutena's Temple in its oversized glory. Moving platforms and spiky things abound. Refer to the descriptions above for additional details. For extra credit, find Palutena. (She blends in surprisingly well when the camera is zoomed out like this.)

Summary
  • Huge. Like wow, Ridley has nothing on this.
  • Spiky things hurt, don't touch them. Damage ranges from 4-10% depending on which spiky thing you're touching.
  • Floating temple in upper left moves offscreen.
  • Assorted moving platforms all over the place.

Last edited:

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
- Floating temple is in upper left.
- I found Paletuna.
- I never knew stalactites was spelled with a C instead of a G. Yay learning.
1. Uh, yeah. I knew that. *fixes*
2. It's kind of easy if you actually read where the players start but yeah. I noticed she was really indistinct in the picture and decided to have a bit of fun.
3. Stalactites have a C and are attached to the ceiling. Stalagmites have a G and come up from the ground.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
1. Uh, yeah. I knew that. *fixes*
2. It's kind of easy if you actually read where the players start but yeah. I noticed she was really indistinct in the picture and decided to have a bit of fun.
3. Stalactites have a C and are attached to the ceiling. Stalagmites have a G and come up from the ground.
1. Yeah, I knew you knew because in the thing you said upper left but in the summary you said right. Just thought I'd point it out.
2. It took me a while because I didn't realize she'd be near where players start and wasn't looking there. Her seaweed hair blends in with the ivy nicely.
3. C for ceiling... G for ground... And now I have a new way of remembering which is which other than dust mites live on the ground. Mind. Blown.

Top Bottom