• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Palutena Custom Move Discussion

mimgrim

Smash Hero
This thread is about figuring out the best set-up(s) of Custom Specials to use for Palutena. I'm going to go over a brief overview of her moves.

Neutral Special 1 Autoreticle - This move has an absurd amount of range. Testing showed this move to have little over half the range of Final Destination. Yes, you heard that correctly. This move covers a little over half of Final Destination. The move will automatically target the opposing play, always. This gives it a fair amount of predictability, but then when you consider it's range... welll... it's hard to decide. The primary purpose of this move is as an anti-zoning tool while also serving decently as a zoning tool itself. It's not an amazing move, but it has it's uses.

Neutral special 2 Explosive Flame - Palutena will summon an explosion of flames a set distance in front. I'd say the move is roughly 1/4 of Final Destination, maybe a little less or a little more. The last hit of the move ignores shield completely. The move also serves as a good edge guarding and for maneuvering around platforms better, Atuoreticle won't work if a platform is in the way where this move will go through them. Like Autoreticle it isn't that great but it isn't bad either. Personal preference between this move and Autoreticle. In doubles however this should be the go to move.

Neutral Special 3 Heavenly Light – This move creates a barrier around Palutena that looks to have infinite vertical distance. The move does very little damage and inflicts no hitstun, instead it pushes opponents out, and leaves Palutena very vulnerable. Overall bad. Do not use.

Side Special 1 Reflect Barrier – Palutena summon a wall in front of her that moves forward and reflects any projectile it will come in contact with. The move will also slow the momentum of any character it gets in the way of. It's actually a pretty good move and is one of the best reflectors in the game.However it is mostly outclassed by Super Speed in everyway and only serves a useful purpose in specific MUs.

Side Special 2 Angelic Missile – Has good horizontal reach, is decently fast, and has good knock back. Can serve as a good horizontal recovery if you are using a recovery that lacks it.It's decent but is outclassed by the other 2 moves.

Side Special 3 Super Speed – Palutena will go into a high burst of speed and will damage anyone she comes into contact with. You can jump during this move allowing for a quick aerial combo if Palutena connects with someone while using this move. You can grab and pivot grab out of the move, Dash attack, or just cancel it by pressing Y, certain moves become Jumpa Cancelable with this, it is possible to retain momentum of the moves and a whole lot more. While in the air the move will send her diagonally downwards. The move also takes a set time to charge after using it. Pretty much her go to Side Special. For more info on the move go here; http://smashboards.com/threads/supe...ed-to-stop-worrying-and-love-the-bair.374449/

Up Special 1 Warp – This move has good distance and can go in any direction. It’s an excellent recovery for both horizontal and vertical use. She is also invulnerable while she is invisible on the screen. You can also cancel this move by teleporting right to the edge of a stage or platforms, like Brawl Zelda could. Is also useful to use for escaping tricky situations and juggles.

Up Special 2 Jump Glide – This move has decent vertical range and good horizontal range. Palutena will jump up then slowly start to descent. It’s a good recovery, though not as good as Warp. But the best part of this move is that during the floating part of the move, if you land with an aerial attack it will cancel all lag, like Float Canceling with Peach in Melee/Brawl. Scratch that. Jump Glide does NOT cancel landing lag of aerials, just tested it out. That’s what I get for taking the word of some else instead of testing for myself. But you can attack out of the move before it sends you into free fall.

Up Special 3 Rocket Jump - Decent vertical recover and no horizontal recover. Move has good kill power, give her a solid OoS option, and can be used out of Super Speed as a follow-up. Palyer preference on the Up Special to be used. They all have their own perks.

Down Special 1 Counter – The move is pretty self explanatory. Palutena will take on a stance and during a specific time frame if she gets hit she will counter attack the hit with more damage. It's also one of the best counters in the game. That said the move is outclassed by Lightweight.

Down Special 2 Lightweight – Palutena becomes significantly faster with this move and gets higher jumps, an overall mobility boost. It makes her off stage game even better then what it currently is and allows her to follow up moves she normally can’t. Be warned though, while in effect Palutena will take more damage and after the moves end she will suffer a reverse effect of this move for a very short time. This move also has a neat bug on platform stages that theoretically allow you to stay in the Lightweight state indefinitely. For more info go here; http://smashboards.com/threads/staying-in-the-lightwieght-state-indefenitely.376880/ This should be your go to Down Special.

Down Special 3 Celestial Firework – Palutena will summon a Firework in front of her which will the travel straight upwards and explode, either by making contact or reach the max distance it is allowed to go. At first glance this move seems lackluster when Up Smash exists. But this move has one thing over Up Smash, it has intangibility at the star of the move and it lasts a surprising good time. The move is good, but counter is pretty much better in what this move accomplishes.

So what do you guys think?

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Personally, my preference is:

Autoreticle
Angelic Missile
Warp
Celestial Firework

I like to play a balanced ranged / defensive Palutena, so I like using Autoreticle to keep opponents at bay and get some clean hits in when I can. Angelic Missile gives me some useful knockback if opponents get too close and is overall more reliable than her side-smash. Warp is a convenient recovery with good range in any direction and helps to escape combat in a tight spot. Celestial Firework helps for keeping nearby opponents at bay and launching them into the air, good for following up with aerial combos.

The alternative fighting style is a more proactive Palutena that's better suited for aggressive rushdown combat. In that case, I'd use:

Autoreticle
Super Speed
Jump Glide
Lightweight

Autoreticle serves much the same purpose: quick damage and useful at mid-range. Super Speed is good for bowling over wayward opponents and can get you across the stage if you need to intercept combat or just throw a wrench in somebody's strategies. Jump Glide may not have great vertical recovery, but its horizontal recovery gives you a decent speed boost and the ability to strike from the air whilst floating downwards is most welcomed. Lightweight may seem counter-intuitive, but it can be useful for chasing after opponents and whacking them in mid-air all the same.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I edited the OP. I was wrong about Jump Glide. That’s what I get for taking the word of something and posting about it before testing it myself. >_>

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I've tried pretty much all of her customs in one way or another and I really feel like we were too quick to dismiss Autoreticle because it's so weak. The move's main purpose isn't to rack up damage, but to interrupt your opponent. If something is charging towards you, you want to be able to get it out of the way so you can return to neutral. I think this move is key in the Little Mac matchup because he can't charge at you anymore .

If you're running Lightweight, I really suggest running Jump Glide as well. During the recovery phase of Lightweight (when you run slower), Jump Glide lets you keep up the mobility and respond with Fairs. Palutena's aerials are her quickest moves, and both Lightweight and Jump Glide really go a long way in making her able to fight with quick attacks.

With Lightweight and Jump Glide, I'm really not sure if Super Speed is redundant, though I think that Angelic Missile is pretty bad and Reflect is super matchup dependent so it's my default option, more or less.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I've pretty much been messing with 1312 and 1313 set-ups. I can't really decide between Lightweight and Fireworks. Lightweight allows her to follow up after certain throws and gives her a better off-stage game but she can already follow with a lot of stuff out of Dthrow and she already has a great off-stage game, so I'm not sure if the penalty is really worth improving what she is already excellent at doing and I really don't use it that much. But even with the intangibility Fireworks offer, I don't really see myself using it over Usmash really. I also don't like counter moves in general. It's just hard to figure out the Dspecial that I will find the most use for.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
By the way, further testing leads me to believe that Angelic Missile is godly. A powerful knockback move that sends opponents flying at high percentages and can really get them out of the way if they're pressuring you.

And yeah, Autoreticle is great for interrupt tactics. Knocking enemies out of their charged blasts and stalling tactics is always a lot of fun~

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Honestly, I'd say both other Sspecials are outclassed by Super Speed. The extremely fast burst of speed comes out fast so it can be used as a way to escape pressure while also having a lot of potential pressure and mix-ups itself as you can Jump Cancel, and retain the momentum from Super Speed, Grab, Pivot Grab, Dash Attack out of it. And if you JC out of it after you hit with the base attack of the move you can combo into Nair and carry them crazily offstage or get them with Bair. The move has a lot of potential and offers a plethora of mix-ups which combined with how fast it is makes it deadly.

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
Super Speed's initial hitbox is a really strong tool. No matter what percentage, you can Up Smash out of the initial hit if it connects, which means you can kill confirm off the move.

If it's blocked, you can pivot grab on reaction... you just have to be really fast with both of these.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Currently Running Autoreticle, Super Speed, Rocket Jump and Lightweight.

Probably don't need to explain most of my choices, but I really do consider Rocket Jump severely underrated and one of Palutena's better KO options. With Lightweight and Super Speed (and the obvious Rocket Jump) she has enough methods to recover. And she can confirm kills off of Super Speed with up B at higher %, particularly useful when super speed sends the opponent off stage or an upsmash won't cut it.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Super Speed, Lightweight, Jump Glide, Auto-reticle master race.

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
Super Speed, Lightweight, Jump Glide, Auto-reticle master race.
I kind of agree but can't really discount what M is saying. Jump Glide has amazing applications and recovery but aggressive players, I find it less and less useful.

With that Momentum tech you posted in the other thread, it may be possible to just straight up jump in with Rocket Jump and surprise people for a kill.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I kind of agree but can't really discount what M is saying. Jump Glide has amazing applications and recovery but aggressive players, I find it less and less useful.

With that Momentum tech you posted in the other thread, it may be possible to just straight up jump in with Rocket Jump and surprise people for a kill.
I SD enough with just jump glide. I'm thinking about using Warp instead.

A big deal is play style. Though I think the ones I have are the best there may not be a "best" set up.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I use Warp. Good distance. Any direction. And makes her invisible, and thus unsuspectable to getting hit out of it until she becomes visible again. And it auto-sweetspots. In terms of pure recovery, it is by far the best. It's also good for escaping pressure.

Jump Glide seems nice in theory but the cut in vertical distance isn't really worth it and you only get one attack out of it before going into free fall. I really just don't see the appeal.

As for Rocket Jump. I could see it making a decent recovery option combined with Angelic Missle, but Warp outclasses it in that department. As for Killing, I think Palutena is already covered well enough in the killing boat with Usmash, Uair, and Dair considering D-throw can lead into them along with gimping, which is probably going to be how she gets most of her kills anyway as she is more of a offstage character (basically you want to hang around the edge with her). I could see why a more aggressive player might like it, but she lacks a good neutral game to be a successful aggressive character.

I'm also finding Lightweight more and more not worth it. Basically what it does is make what she is already great at better, but the penalty, after the move ends, of enabling what she can already do excellently just doesn't seem worth it. The intangibility of Celestial Firework meanwhile gives her a very solid defensive option.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I'm also finding Lightweight more and more not worth it. Basically what it does is make what she is already great at better, but the penalty, after the move ends, of enabling what she can already do excellently just doesn't seem worth it. The intangibility of Celestial Firework meanwhile gives her a very solid defensive option.
Off stage chasing is ridiculously good with Lightweight. The slow-down can be covered easily with Super Speed and Jump-glide. Its like she doesn't even get slower. As far as being knocked back farther its just best to use the move when the opponent is at high percents and you are at low percents. Super risky move but highly rewarding imo.

This is more of a play-style type of thing though.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Off stage chasing is ridiculously good with Lightweight. The slow-down can be covered easily with Super Speed and Jump-glide. Its like she doesn't even get slower. As far as being knocked back farther its just best to use the move when the opponent is at high percents and you are at low percents. Super risky move but highly rewarding imo.

This is more of a play-style type of thing though.
She is already really great at going off stage though and can go deep if she has Warp. Which is what I meant. It makes everything she is already great at better, but I don't think the risk, after Lightweight ends, is justifiable because she is already great doing that stuff to begin with.

She also does't get knocked back further while in Lightweight, just takes more damage.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
As for Rocket Jump. I could see it making a decent recovery option combined with Angelic Missle, but Warp outclasses it in that department. As for Killing, I think Palutena is already covered well enough in the killing boat with Usmash, Uair, and Dair considering D-throw can lead into them along with gimping, which is probably going to be how she gets most of her kills anyway as she is more of a offstage character (basically you want to hang around the edge with her). I could see why a more aggressive player might like it, but she lacks a good neutral game to be a successful aggressive character.
The issue with this is D-throw does not legitimately combo into any of those moves at KO %s. Palutena doesn't have the most reliable kill options. Sure she has the power and range but you have to REALLY outplay your opponent to land any of these moves comfortably. Super Speed combined with Rocket Jump is very very useful. We all already understand how useful the properties of SS are (and it probably is her best tool for setting things up), but her potential to kill out of it without upsmash are practically zero. Unless Rocket Jump. Best part is, you don't even have to commit to it after SS like you would for upsmash. And with Lightweight in effect, you still have pretty darn good horizontal air movement out of RJ, making it much tougher to punish a majority of the time.

Also as TsuKiyoMe added earlier, the new momentum saving tech from Super Speed makes punishing an unsafe move from a distance a really deadly option with Rocket Jump!

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Dthrow most certainly will combo into Uair at KO precents. If you are quick enough they will still be in hitstun animation and you read their vectoring. And they obviously don't have to be at KO percent for Dair, roughly around 70%. But that's moot anyway since her main form of killing will be through edge guarding anyway, which she is really good at.

also, I have no idea how you are even landing Rocket Jump out of SS, as I know I sure can't get it to work.

The momentum saving tech, while neat, isn't really practical in the first place. You first have to do a JC Usmash out of SS, which is risky to do in an actual match and then you have to stay grounded until you want to go in with the jump, which severely limits your options. On top of that your opponent would have top be pretty stupid to whiff out in attack from a distance away in the first place. It's just not practical in any sense and is really just good for style points.

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
Honestly I think Rocket Jump OoS is worth paying attention to, though I haven't really given it to long of a shot yet. We'll see how the game develops but I'm seeing a lot of crossup dash attacks right now, especially from ZSS, and it seems like Rocket Jump OoS is a great punish for stuff like that. It's not so much that she lacks kill moves, but as far as I'm aware none are great punishes OoS (I'm pretty new to her, so if I'm wrong, please let me know!). I'm not sure if this outweighs the utility of Warp, but for certain matchups or even just for certain players (if you notice them doing things that could be punished by it or are just having a hard time getting kills) I think it's worth keeping on the table.

Djent

Smash Champion
So with the new tech that's come out in the past week, I'm thinking

Auto-Reticle (forced stand)
Super Speed (duh)
Rocket Jump (kill comboz)
Celestial Firework (JC OoS)

Will be my go-to configuration until I can figure out something better.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I'm using Palutena as a secondary, and I get frustrated because I don't have too many people to play with, and I hate having to use her default moveset on For Glory. This thread is very helpful, though.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I think my custom load out is going to be;

Auto Reticle
Super Speed
Warp
Celestial Firework

I just like the stability Warp offers. Fits me better overall.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I'm currently running:

Autoreticle
Jump Glide
Angelic Missile
Counter

What's everybody's opinion on Jump Glide? I think it gives her good mobility and approach options, if you use it from the ground. You can use her Fair to cancel out of it at any time, and since her Fair has very little landing lag, you can use this cancel to bait opponents. And if you connect with her Fair, you can fastfall and follow up with many options, such as her dash attack, up tilt, up smash, and forward smash. Also, you can almost instantly dash in the other direction if you use the Fair and fastfall out of it.

Last edited:

Sudai

Stuff here
So I'm actually gonna be rocking multiple custom set-ups depending on the match-up. Palutena's custom moves are -extremely- versatile and gives her a lot of flexibility.

I'm not a fan of Auto-Reticle, but I looove explosive flame. I feel like it really comes down to playstyle between the two though. Jump glide is just, the best except against high pressure enemies. Amazing recovery and since I run Super speed in a lot of my sets, I still have a loooot of recovery options. Jump glide + super speed opens a lot of offensive and defensive opportunities when combined too.

Set 1: Explosive Flame, Jump Glide, Reflect, Lightweight

I use this as my standard anti-projectile set up.

Set 2: Explosive Flame, Jump Glided, Super speed, Lightweight

This set is for fighting generally quick characters without a lot of shield pressure or projectile ability. It lets you keep up with them really well.

Set 3: Explosive Flame, Rocket Jump, Super Speed, Lightweight

This set for fighting fast enemies with a lot of shield pressure. Rocket Jump is an -amazing- OoS option and since it KO's at high percents it deters a lot of aggression. Super Speed and Lightweight help with the recovery issues Rocket Jump has. In this set Lightweight is generally used more defensively.

Set 4: Auto-Reticle, Jump Glide, Reflect, Lightweight

This is for slower projectile based characters that Auto-Reticle is just really good against.

Last edited:

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Hmm, I'm not quite sure about explosive flame as it has a lot of lag, but I do like the hitbox & the range. I really have gotten used to her default, and it it turns out that there will be no custom moves, I think she will perform just fine.

Sudai

Stuff here
Yeah it does, but you're not using it to approach or anything. It stuffs some approaches really well but what I really take it for is its comboability and an extra KO. At low-mid percents a lot of things knock people in to the perfect spot to get an explosive flame off, including jab.

I also feel like taking a combination of Super speed + lightweight pushes her a bit away from the zoning category. She still has good zoning but the combo of the two makes mix-ups and approaching actually viable with her. Especially when you take Glide jump for even more options. Basically I switch where my Palutena's priorities lie when using these different set-ups. Despite not a lot changing between each, the playstyles used in each is rather large.

All that said, I've got maybe 3-4hrs of playtime on her with these 4 specific movesets combined, so it's really just my first thoughts on the subject.

Last edited:

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
Don't mind me, just messing around in training mode and managed to accidentally kill a level 9 Mario off a Jab into Rocket Jump at 120...

... He can't seem to get out of it no matter how many times I do it so maybe this actually is a kill confirm.

Doesn't work with the tip of the jab, only closer towards Palutena.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Defensive!Palutena

Neutral B: Auto Reticule
Side B: Reflect Barrier
Down B: Celestial Fireworks/Counter
Up B: Teleport/Jump Glide

The idea of this set is to play like a prostitute. You never have to approach, Auto Reticule, while not amazing, still forces approaches that you can punish. Reflect Barrier is still useful in matchups with no projectiles as it's an amazing spacing tool that really screws up approaches thanks to the push back effect. Equipped with probably the best reflector in the game, you completely force characters like Samus to approach.

Celestial Fireworks is an amazing anti-aerial move, and you can dodge really janky things using the intangibility part of it. Alternatively you can use Counter if you're better at reading attacks or against characters with very strong moves.

Teleport and Jump Glide is a preference thing, you can have either a longer ranged recovery vertically (Teleport) with intangibility from when you disappear until you grab the ledge, or a infinitely horizontal recovery with the ability to act out of it with very low landing lag (Jump Glide).

Offensive!Palutena

Neutral B: Explosive Flame
Side B: Super Speed/Angelic Missile
Down B: Lightweight
Up B: Rocket Jump

This is really the "I want to run at people and hit them" set. I think it's inferior to Defensive!Palutena, but I think it's worth mentioning as well. Explosive Flame allows you to cover ledges and landings. It knocks people into the air which allows you to follow up or punish their landing. Super Speed is a combo machine, but you really have to learn the jump cancelling nuances to make good use of it. Angelic Missile is for longer horizontal recovery and also to punish people for committing to things from a distance.

Lightweight is for comboing and rushdown, it also increases your recovery tremendously, being able to recover from anywhere in a single jump.

Rocket Jump is really only here for the extra KO move, since Palutena does have troubles landing the final KO move on her opponents.

Balanced!Palutena

Neutral B: Explosive Flame
Side B: Reflect Barrier
Down B: Celestial Fireworks

Doubles!Palutena

Neutral B: Heavenly Light
Side B: Reflect Barrier/Super Speed
Down B: Celestial Fireworks/Lightweight

Last edited:

Sudai

Stuff here
Don't we basically have a thread for this already?

Copy paste from the other thread.

So I'm actually gonna be rocking multiple custom set-ups depending on the match-up. Palutena's custom moves are -extremely- versatile and gives her a lot of flexibility.

I'm not a fan of Auto-Reticle, but I looove explosive flame. I feel like it really comes down to playstyle between the two though. Jump glide is just, the best except against high pressure enemies. Amazing recovery and since I run Super speed in a lot of my sets, I still have a loooot of recovery options. Jump glide + super speed opens a lot of offensive and defensive opportunities when combined too.

Set 1: Explosive Flame, Jump Glide, Reflect, Lightweight

I use this as my standard anti-projectile set up.

Set 2: Explosive Flame, Jump Glided, Super speed, Lightweight

This set is for fighting generally quick characters without a lot of shield pressure or projectile ability. It lets you keep up with them really well.

Set 3: Explosive Flame, Rocket Jump, Super Speed, Lightweight

This set for fighting fast enemies with a lot of shield pressure. Rocket Jump is an -amazing- OoS option and since it KO's at high percents it deters a lot of aggression. Super Speed and Lightweight help with the recovery issues Rocket Jump has. In this set Lightweight is generally used more defensively.

Set 4: Auto-Reticle, Jump Glide, Reflect, Lightweight

This is for slower projectile based characters that Auto-Reticle is just really good against.
[Explosive Flame] stuffs some approaches really well but what I really take it for is its comboability and an extra KO. At low-mid percents a lot of things knock people in to the perfect spot to get an explosive flame off, including jab.

I also feel like taking a combination of Super speed + lightweight pushes her a bit away from the zoning category. She still has good zoning but the combo of the two makes mix-ups and approaching actually viable with her. Especially when you take Glide jump for even more options. Basically I switch where my Palutena's priorities lie when using these different set-ups. Despite not a lot changing between each, the playstyles used in each is rather large.

All that said, I've got maybe 3-4hrs of playtime on her with these 4 specific movesets combined, so it's really just my first thoughts on the subject.

rpgcaster

Smash Apprentice
I'm personally favoring:

Neutral B: Autoreticle
Side B: Superspeed
Down B: Counter/Lightweight

I prefer ARs ability to force approaches. As well as that, the ability to trump most projectiles in the game when at a distance is helpful since I'm not running the Reflect. Superspeed might be my favorite move in the game, and it's extremely versatile in what it can so, however I'm not exactly experienced with it so need more time with it.

I don't know what to think about Down B though. I hear a lot of people saying that Lightweight is the undisputed best Down B choice but I'm not exactly sure how to utilize it well. Anyone able to suggest scenarios where it's helpful. Same this with the Up B's. I've gotten really good to using Warp, with the Warp cancel and it's ability as a spacing tool and too escape being juggled at times as a mixup. On the otherhand, Jump Glide has proven to be an amazing approach tool, but I feel like my ability to gimp is nerfed (due to less vertical recovery). Again, more applications for both Jump Glide and Lightweight would be nice if anyone knows them. I usually use default Palutena but really do want to get into the custom moves.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
My personal preference is Explosive Flame, Jump Glide, Angelic Missle, Lightweight.

My secondary preference is Auto Reticle, Warp, Super Speed, and Celestial Fireworkks.

Djent

Smash Champion
At this point, I think Super Speed and Lightweight are obviously the best choices for side- and down-B, respectively.

So it's really just a toss-up between her neutral-B (Explosive Lag vs. Auto Miss) and her up-B (literally any of them).

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
At this point, I think Super Speed and Lightweight are obviously the best choices for side- and down-B, respectively.

So it's really just a toss-up between her neutral-B (Explosive Lag vs. Auto Miss) and her up-B (literally any of them).
This is exactly my conclusions as well. I haven't completely given up on Counter though, and I'm favoring Explosive Flame and Jump Glide atm.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So I think now Lightweight is the definitive move to sue for Dspecial. Especially on a stage with platforms as you can stay in the Lightweight state indefinitely on a stage with platforms.

She keeps getting crazier and crazier. xD

Edit - Did some trimming up on the OP and adding in more details and changing opinions on things and the like.

Last edited:

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
So I think now Lightweight is the definitive move to sue for Dspecial. Especially on a stage with platforms as you can stay in the Lightweight state indefinitely on a stage with platforms.

She keeps getting crazier and crazier. xD

Edit - Did some trimming up on the OP and adding in more details and changing opinions on things and the like.
I noticed in the Autoreticle segment you said that it will target the opposing player always. However I think it should be mentioned that there are many characters that have external elements that may be targeted instead. For example If Luma is closer to Palutena than Rosalina is, Autoreticle will always target Luma. I've also seen this happen with the flame pillar spawned by Ness' PK fire and Olimars Pikmin. Otherwise this post is a great resource :D

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I'll admit the tech with Jump Glide is neat. However I am unconvinced it is so good as to make it the go to option for Up Specials as the other 2 still have a lot going for them as well and it still largely comes down to play-style.

Top Bottom