• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PAL SSB64 vs NTSC SSB64

Thino

Smash Master
too many variables to bother starting imo,
there would be if it was TAS or something but we dont need that yet

u just open 2 pj64 windows or w/e emulator ur using, u make sure both dont pause the emulator with the window goes inactive , u load SSB (U) on one , SSB (E) on the other , start a training with the same characters and there you go , u test every move on both windows with the same keyboard/controller

we dont need super accurate frame by frame **** yet , thats for later

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
yeah, j is ntsc, but Super Smash bros (U) is not the same that Dairantou (J) (The only thing that reamisn unchanged is the 60 fps)

Battlecow

Play to Win
Right, I know, but you said "everyone plays ntsc EXCEPT FOR J users" which implies that J isn't NTSC.

valoem

Smash Journeyman
Hey

I'm bouncing this thread. I think we should get a full list and add it to the compendium. Aussie if you could do that it would be great! I'll help how I can.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
After a skimread the only confirmed gameplay differences are Link's horizontal airspeed and the smaller Down-B hitbox for Jiggs, everything else (eg. worse DI, harder combos, harder Z-cancelling) can be attributed to having fewer frames to input commands in.

This needs testing.

Timotheus

Smash Journeyman
After playing ntsc for a while i got a little slowmotion effect playing on pal afterwards

ps: the german and french voices are so damn weird hahaha

Olikus

Smash Champion
the best is the french voice when you pick captain falcon. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Top Bottom