• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pakman's Luigi Match up Thread vs Doc is up

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
**** YOU!
lol jkz

I can't stand Sheik. That's how I lose pretty much every time. >='[
I can't stand you, you personally, you as a player, and no, it has nothing to do with your character, mannerisms, disposition, or stance on any issues that could be offensive to me, I simply hate you by virtue or you being you so it works out.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I can't stand you, you personally, you as a player, and no, it has nothing to do with your character, mannerisms, disposition, or stance on any issues that could be offensive to me, I simply hate you by virtue or you being you so it works out.
That's interesting. I'd return the favor but Starfire is the cutest =D

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Fox stuff is finished.

I am not satisfied so I might add some more fox stuff later.

Let me know if you see stuff missing.

Also check out Ka Master vs silent wolf. ****.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
bam beat my weegee with doc a couple weeks ago... so sad cause I was so close :'(
but I made up for it when I comboed his Falcon into a missfire ftw. OMG that was awesome lol

Against the aerial SH nair and dair spammy foxes, I like using utilt too. Just wavedashing into utilt can catch them much like fighting a Falcon trying to knee, stomp or nair you. It's fast and lasts a while so it'll hit if the Fox goes aerial. Trading hits with it is usually good for Luigi and it doesn't have much lag if it's a miss. It's better than usmash when approaching and often the laser campy Foxes will expect the regular SH aerials or dsmash when you approach them. It's difficult to DI at any % too.

I had that 4 stocking as one of my favorites on Youtube for about 5 months XD
Then I got 4 stocked in one of like 20 matches with SW and learned a bunch of stuff, including "it's easier when Ka does it for you" lol

COEY

Smash Lord
Doc/Mario, Jiggs, or Ganon i think are the hardest match ups left to cover if you arent going to make falco, sheik, link/y.link guides.

Haven't checked this thread in a while, that SW Ka-Master match is ridiculous watched it a while back but **** i forgot how good ka really is at space animal match ups.

Btw i like how you use fireballs when edge guarding peach to get her out of her float. If i had to add anything to the peach edge guard it would be that you want her to umbrella. When you manage this you need to make the edge seem very tempting then take it away again just as quickly. If you can force her to float back onto the stage she will at this point usually be quite low and close to the stage. It can very often give you a free up smash which if she was at a decent percentage to knock her off the stage will often kill her. You cant really argue with a free upsmash on peach.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
That's interesting, cause I dont really know wtf to do against luigi with doc, and i started playing y.link for peaches, and im very knowledgable about how to throw **** at people. >.>

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
That's interesting, cause I dont really know wtf to do against luigi with doc, and i started playing y.link for peaches, and im very knowledgable about how to throw **** at people. >.>
I had an extremely close set with a Y.Link main, D20 at a Tournament in Pittsburgh PA. I won because of a lucky misfire. His counter pick was Green Greens and he ***** me there. I won my matches on FoD and FD I think. I play Y. Link a bit, myself. I can totally see how throwing **** at Luigi works very well.

nytcrawler

Smash Rookie
i was wondering what you do against laser into smash spam falco. i know your not doing a guide, but at least a little bit of advice. its just kind of annoying.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I have my own falco problems. But there is no easy way around lasers. Powershielding and platforms are the best way. I have seen players wavedash out of shield into lasers, but mostly with Marth. You are safer above falco then below him. The key to beating falco is being able to capitalize when you get a chance. Every grab every nair and every dsmash should be a ton of damage.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
I really want to know about Luigi vs Ganondorf. I have so much trouble approaching a Ganondorf who simply spaces aerials.

About Luigi vs Doc: isn't it in Luigi's favor by a fair amount?

Most of Doc's normal options don't seem work that well vs Luigi, and he outranges Doc by a fair amount. That ftilt is so good.

WIGI

Smash Champion
YES i can't wait for the doc one to come out. i ahve alot of vids vrs doc i can add. but new help against hoim is definatly good

cykofox

Smash Ace
I was playing my friend's doc and I did a d-throw chaingrab at low percentages. Is this legit regardless of DI? If they DI down it prob wouldn't work right?

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Doc is up gentlemen.

Again i feel it is incomplete. I think I need to write this up in a word doc or something.

I need vids.

COEY

Smash Lord
Just a suggestion, whilst reading through this thread again i'm wondering if you could add a stages section for each character as in what stages to couter pick and which to ban. As a rule i usually just ban battlefield but after recent tourney experience i am wishing i had banned battlefield vs fox. Just an idea anyway...

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Hey guys, I stated posting some counter pick stages. I should have the CP stages for the characters I have done already up by the end of the week.

COEY

Smash Lord
Cool thanks for putting time and effort into this and staying active, despite how little response theres been. Sucks that theres not more active ppl in this section. I'd have thought since hes mid tier now in NTSC he'd have more ppl wanting advice. Too many on the top tier band waggon me thinks.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I can provide some Doc vs Luigi vids in a week or two. I picked up Doc recently, and SNSG has been working him pretty hard. Then again, he can beat my Sheik if I make even one or two mistakes, so maybe it's just him. D:

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Who should I do next. I might get some sheik strategies together. My sheik game has improved a bit since I made this thread.

Anyway, VOTE NOW!

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I vote for Sheik.

I've been using Luigi for ****s and giggles and this thread has been such a great help.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Ooooooh you put some doc info in here. You ****ed up. Luigi's gunna come cryin to you ooohhhwwweee.

(I really do appreciate it, though. Thanks.)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Pakman MM my Sheik next time for a positive sum of money. I want to see these Sheik strategies.

edit: I sound like a douche probably but I don't mean offence, I'm actually just really interested + playing you was fun.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Pakman MM my Sheik next time for a positive sum of money. I want to see these Sheik strategies.

edit: I sound like a douche probably but I don't mean offence, I'm actually just really interested + playing you was fun.
I have learned the glory of upairs priority against sheik and my edge guards are a little better. Sheiks still obliterate me though.

I also have a new falco thing I want to try out. I don't think it is going to work too well though.

Everyone else, check out my new Table of Contents.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Isn't edgeguarding Sheik with Luigi just Dairing her back off the stage a billion times until she can be Shoryuken KOed?

Also, question. Would it be practical to learn how to meteor Dair so you could Dair --> reverse Dair Sheik instead of just Dairing? 30% is better than 16%, after all, and it makes Luigi seem awesome. Or would it be better to just Nair --> something if you're looking for extra damage? Or is just Dair --> edgehog --> Dair --> edgehog until she can be killed superior to both of the launch --> Dair methods?

Or is it too situational for one to be superior to the other? If so, when would launch --> Dair be better than Dair alone.

Top Bottom