• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pachebel's Canon in ZTD: A Zero to Death Montage featuring PROS from BIG Tournaments

Binx

Smash Master
Man that was some crazy ****. Good Job, I would get some more upbeat music for it though, something faster for all these combos, also for Chu there are some much better combos than what you have in there where he isn't wobbling and zero to deaths people.

metroid1117

Smash Master
At first I was like "Oh cool a combo video with everybody."

Then I was like... "Zomg 21 min long! I'll watch the first half."

At 10 min, I was like... "... Screw sleeping."

Brilliant job. It was great seeing some old clips like Bombsoldier's domination without seeing overused ones (like Ken's reverse edgeguard on Isai at FD during MOAST 3 (?)). I'm happy that of all the low tiers, G&W was represented :).

By the way: best ending for a combo video. Ever.

kirbstir

Smash Lord
The green marth featured in this vid going against the Falcon (presumed g-reg) looks a lot like KM-013

Balloon

Smash Lord
nah, the Falcon I'm talking about isn't G-reg. It's default Falcon and is part of the Isai section of the video, so I'm pretty sure it's Isai. And it's a black Marth. It's either M2k or some other black Marth...

FlipNRed

Smash Apprentice
If the title was long enough, I'd mention every player. But considering it's a 20 minute video filled with very short clips, it's a lot of footage and all participating players can be seen by visiting that site including KM and Jiano. I was not trying to short change anyone and if anything, I am tributing them by their incorporation.

A lot of top tier characters were used because 99% of the clips are tournament footage from MLG, or high stakes tournament matches or crew battles where reputation or lots of money is on the line including the FC's and OC's, thus highlighting the extreme talent and creativity of these spontaneous combos under extreme pressure. Other footage is used because I am a huge fan and as the author, am able to select what clips I deem fit.

Clips end when all light and dust from death has completely disappeared, the screen flashes Game! if it's the last stock, a star KO has completed, or the player has completed their taunt or display of tech. They're more compulsions than anything as a means of consistency.

All clips are taken from YouTube matches featuring direct recording. If there are exceptions, it is possible that they seeped in out of sheer impressiveness. If it is too long, simply do not watch all of it or skip to what you don't want to see. I will not lie, I put some of the best combos at the beginning and at the end.

I made it this long because I wanted to include everything I saw worthy from what I have seen. Professionals against professionals cannot warrant comments like "Your opponents suck at DI". Also, from my experience, combo videos I enjoy I would never mind being longer. The length is to satisfy people such as myself and to set a standard for epicness. Even things like Wobbling can be messed up, such as the ending of M2K and Isai vs Chu and Chillin Match 10 M2K's comeback! when there is pressure and also getting another pro into one also requires a lot of talent, the basis of their inclusion - the setup.

Pachelbel's Canon is a marvelous song of which I am a great fan. The rock remakes of it can all be found on YouTube, which together have a combined forty million views. The song is a canon, or a round, meaning when one section ends, a new section begins while another section begins where the last one started. The introduction and the ending where one character combos and then in turn gets comboed is an artistic representation of this. Also, cutting from one song to another is simplified by this property.

Thanks everyone for your feedback.

Top Bottom