• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pac-Man alternate colours discussion!!

What colours do you want to see?

• Red

Votes: 11 13.8%
  • Blue

Votes: 12 15.0%
  • Pink

Votes: 8 10.0%
  • Green

Votes: 8 10.0%
  • Purple

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Orange

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Brown

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Grey

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Black

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • White

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Different shade of Yellow (See Brawl Sonic)

Votes: 11 13.8%

• Total voters

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Please, discuss what you want to see for Pac-Mans alternate colours.

EDIT: I should have given the option for multiple votes, just vote the one you want to see most.

Last edited:

RafalRib

Smash Cadet
NNID
RafalRib
3DS FC
4184-2119-2641
Well i want a Black Pac-Man and a White Pac-Man the most!

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I just want standard color swaps, not costumes. Preferably, color swaps that change the color of Pac-Man himself, and not just his gloves/shoes like Sonic. He should at least have a color representing each classic ghost, and then green, of course.

RafalRib

Smash Cadet
NNID
RafalRib
3DS FC
4184-2119-2641
Excuse you, that's my avatar.

Jr. Pac-Man alt would make my life.

Well sorry i didnt saw someone with this avatar until now! Ok i already changed it! Yes I would like a Jr. Pac-Man alt too :4pacman:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Well sorry i didnt saw someone with this avatar until now! Ok i already changed it! Yes I would like a Jr. Pac-Man alt too :4pacman:
Great choice on the new avatar!

I think Jr. would be the ideal blue alt for me.

Basically just give Pac the propeller hat and I'd be happy.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I voted for blue since it's my favorite color. Although I think he will probably just have different color shoes like Sonic.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I'm wondering since now you don't have to have your character have the same color as someone on a team would that mean that not everyone will have a red, green, and blue variation now.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I'm wondering since now you don't have to have your character have the same color as someone on a team would that mean that not everyone will have a red, green, and blue variation now.
I doubt that they'll stop with this tradition. Whether or not teams require dedicated colors now should be irrelevant. You'll still need a way to distinguish each player when playing dittos, and red, blue, and green are three of the most basic and distinguishable colors to do this with. It probably won't be like PlayStation All-Stars, where Link's color options are green, brown, lighter brown, and grey-brown.

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I would like this...if they were actual recolors.

The main point of recolors is so that you can distinguish two of the same character onscreen. but all of these have the same color scheme.
I think that does a mighty fine job of being able to distinguish them from one another.

I doubt that they'll stop with this tradition. Whether or not teams require dedicated colors now should be irrelevant. You'll still need a way to distinguish each player when playing dittos, and red, blue, and green are three of the most basic and distinguishable colors to do this with. It probably won't be like PlayStation All-Stars, where Link's color options are green, brown, lighter brown, and grey-brown.
You're probably right; but it does mean if a character would look horrible in a certain color they don't have to give them the scheme. It just opens if up for more creativity if need be.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I would like this...if they were actual recolors.

The main point of recolors is so that you can distinguish two of the same character onscreen. but all of these have the same color scheme.
I thought that this amount of accessories + the different shades of yellow for his skin + different colors for his shoes and/or gloves would be enough for the chaos of the game. =P. ... Personally, I wouldn't be comfortable seeing Pac being blue... or red. Would be just like Pac-Man Battle Royale all over again. XD

In motion and on a 3DS screen?
hmm.. maybe?.. the outlines are there for something, I guess. (even you being able to turn off them, if you prefer).

Super Writer

Smash Apprentice
I'm hoping to just see red, pinkie, blue and orange, representing the ghosts, and the sixth being a Mrs. Pac-man alt.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I thought that this amount of accessories + the different shades of yellow for his skin + different colors for his shoes and/or gloves would be enough for the chaos of the game. =P. ... Personally, I wouldn't be comfortable seeing Pac being blue... or red. Would be just like Pac-Man Battle Royale all over again. XD

hmm.. maybe?.. the outlines are there for something, I guess. (even you being able to turn off them, if you prefer).
It's okay, but it's not quite different enough, imo.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
It's okay, but it's not quite different enough, imo.
nah, I think I'm dreaming too high... it's already amazing to see Pac-Man in Smash Bros! =D.. probably they'll go with different shade of yellow.. and just maybe, different colors for gloves and shoes (here the hope for the brown gloves, at least). =P

Last edited:

Metal_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darktriforce1990
3DS FC
0216-0895-5308
Well with the ones in the pics the gloves, and boots could change to represent the 4 ghost Inky (Red), Blinky (blue), Pinky (pink), Clyde (orange).

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Ya know I was going to bring up that he'll probably have a blue, red and green color at least cause I'm not seeing people consider the green color but then I remembered that you can play team battles with any color now so that probably won't even matter in this game.

Yakko93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ohmy1985
Pacman Battle Royale had multi colored Pacs, so that could be something. I also like him wearing different outfits. Most likely, Ghostly Adventures is an alternate swap.

Last edited:

SNC Genesis

Smash Rookie
More then likely we're going to just get colors although a Mrs. Pacman texture would be awesome... but itd be kinda awkward too

Last edited:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Here is one of my first attempts at making a decent palette swap...

It's inspired by Dig Dug.
The idea is a little strange, but I think it turned out alright.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I really want to see a pink Pac-Man. How amazing would be Yellow Kirby vs Pink Pac-Man?!?!

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Here is one of my first attempts at making a decent palette swap...

It's inspired by Dig Dug.
The idea is a little strange, but I think it turned out alright.
That's awesome. I thought it was a smurf at first.

I think he'll have a recolor based on the color of the ghosts. Not sure if a body color change or just gloves and shoes change.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Yeah, some ghost color changes would be cool, but unfortunately Blinky wouldn't be one of those options since his gloves are the same as Pac-Man's. A Pinky recolor, with purple gloves and pink shoes, Inky recolor with green gloves and blue shoes, and Clyde recolor with red gloves and orange shoes would be cool though.

I honestly like @ CyberWolfBia CyberWolfBia 's ideas the best though. Pac-Man will probably work much like Pikachu and Jigglypuff and get different hard and costumes for his recolors rather than actually coloring his body. Pac-Man just isn't Pac-Man if he's not yellow.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Pac-Man just isn't Pac-Man if he's not yellow.
I really don't agree with this.

I'm not at all a fan of the tinted color/hats palettes (especially if the character has been portrayed in a different color before). I really wish that Pikachu, Sonic, and friends would completely change color for their alts.

Oddly enough, the only character that actually changes color but looks completely wrong when doing so, is in my eyes, Donkey Kong, especially since Diddy's color swaps mostly leave his fur unchanged.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
My ideas:

-Red body, orange gloves, yellow boots: Red Palette, based off Blinky/Pooka from Dig Dug
-Blue body, blue gloves, red boots: Blue Palette, based off Inky
-Pink body, pink gloves, white boots: Based off Pinky
-Orange body, red gloves, blue boots: Based off Clyde
-Green body, red gloves, purple boots: Based off 5th ghost from Pac-Man VS.
-Pac-Land hat as alt. costume
-Ms. Pac-Man alt. costume

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Pac-Man MUST have a dark blue skin and white eyes color swap to reference vulnerable ghosts.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Todays Pic of the Day makes me want a Pac-Man with Green gloves and Shoes.

Go the Aussies!

Staarih

Smash Master
Seeing as Sakurai seems to go all out with alt colours and costumes, I have high hopes for Pac-Man! I want at least one costume where he has his Pac-Land hat. While a bit reluctant at first, I wouldn't oppose a full-on Ms. Pac-Man or Jr. Pac-Man costume either.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I'm afraid if Pac-Man got a Ms. Pac-Man costume, it would disqualify a Ms. Pac-Man Assist, which I want a lot.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
For color swaps, he could easily have Blue, Red, and Pink from the Arcade Vs.

For full alternate costumes, I think it would be Ms. Pac-Man, Modern Pac-Man, and Pac-Man Jr. In that order from most likely to least likely.

Top Bottom