• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

P Trainer dittos, Squirtle overused

tacticslord

Smash Rookie
I'm not sold yet. I bet it has more to do with play style and less with the pokemon themselves. Personally I start with ivy and she works pretty well against most anyone.

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . .Thats the ONLY pokemon of the 3 they seem to use (points to thier PT V Lucas vid).

Don't see how this says anything about ditto fights.

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
yeah guys, but you know when you switch pokemon you easily get hit by a charged f-smash.. that explains why ksta and M don't switch more, it can be dangerous.

Black/Light

Smash Master
yeah guys, but you know when you switch pokemon you easily get hit by a charged f-smash.. that explains why ksta and M don't switch more, it can be dangerous.
It's not dangerous if you use your head.

Pokemon change well enemy is right next to you = them having a chance to scrape you out of a life.

Pokemon change well the enemy is in the air/ across the stage stunned from a powerful attack/ off the stage = time to change, plan a attack and carry on with the fight.

Odendaalrust

Smash Apprentice
I agree with blacklight...and besides the game is still in the infant stages..someone's gonan figure out a perfect way to change safely sooner or later

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
It's not dangerous if you use your head.

Pokemon change well enemy is right next to you = them having a chance to scrape you out of a life.

Pokemon change well the enemy is in the air/ across the stage stunned from a powerful attack/ off the stage = time to change, plan a attack and carry on with the fight.
yeah, but I mean there are few chances to change like the ones you said in a 1-stock battle.

Minipolce

Smash Rookie
Squirtle seems like the speed character and many people like that. But you need the other two in order to balane out his light weight and low damage. I personally think Ivysaur is the best overall when it comes to a seep/power ratio. Charizard also seems to have the most knockback. They are all three pieces to one whole.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
If you have ever played Pokémon competitively, you will realise that switching is common and vital in certain situations despite having to take a hit to switch out.

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
I really love that comparison, Tails chao.

I've been convinced not to watch the videos already. <_<
why don't you watch them?

and oh well, tails chao, that comparison doesn't make any sense to me, ssb is a completely different game and the pokemon rules may not be included.

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
yes but the Pokemon Trainer was inspired by the games so while the game doesn't work like the games...the Trainer does.
then charizard is super-effective vs ivysaur? don't make me laugh XDD

switching pokemon is something you have to do not very often, maybe one time in 2 minutes of game or so. switching in the middle of the battle is getting pounded by an enemy smash.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
If you have ever played Pokémon competitively, you will realise that switching is common and vital in certain situations despite having to take a hit to switch out.
in pokemon, your opponent doesn't know what you're switching to
so what they hit you with may be totally ineffective
in this game, they know exactly when you're switching
you're vulnerable as soon as you appear
and all attacks are effective

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
in pokemon, your opponent doesn't know what you're switching to
so what they hit you with may be totally ineffective
in this game, they know exactly when you're switching
you're vulnerable as soon as you appear
and all attacks are effective
that's the real fact. +1

squarez

Smash Apprentice
But brawl isnt pokemon! :laugh: But yea if you need to switch finding the right time to do so is important, switching at high percentages is not an option because of the high risk of getting owned.

dori.

Smash Apprentice
sorry to crash the party guys, but you can block right after switching...

squiser

Smash Apprentice
Yeah it only takes a few battles against a PT to get the timing down of when to grab or release the smash during your opponent's change. All three have moves with knockback that's at least decent, so it's not like you have to wait for someone to lose a stock every time you want to change. As for why Squirtle is most used in dittos...I'm sure that's changing, if not already changed. Charizard may have a tougher time against Squirtle's speed, but I'd still use him over Squirtle when I'm at 130% and over =\

Top Bottom