• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

P~S vids

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
so i finally got batteries and here are new vids, any advice, opinions, and suggestions are wanted
(oldest at the bottom, newer ones at the top)

newer better vids: 05/06/2008

me vs R.O.B.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6uLK-w-Zy0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fWp4CwsFRc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqkU_5hLOCA

me vs pikachu (i shoulda won this lol, got distracted with a convo haha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQLeH2qrVcs

me vs zero suit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1UYBSdyEn0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D9_9dE7_og

scrub vids: (me warming up, decided to leave them because there are post on them
me vs zerosuit samus:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4xazXsh-CI

me vs sonic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mJiqj7MdlE

me vs samus:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6Zq5_SqGiM

asob4

Smash Champion
i noticed that you didn't latch very often and that is a huge part of his game. it builds up damage fast. it also seemed you weren't keeping very good track of your pikmin lineup, i saw a few questionable things. i can't stress it enough, you need to know your line! otherwise, decent oli, your opponent wasn't too great though

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
thank you for being the only person to post haha.
but yea i was semi warming up with the pikmin order thing :( but i see wht u mean. as for the pikmin latching.... i was doing it more today/last night, but prior to this, i kinda don't do it unless its for a mind game, i'm not sure why.... but i guess coming form a marht main in melee, and a non-arrow spamming pit, i guess thats why. i will definitely make sure i practice pikmin latching for the quick damage.
do you have any suggestions (even though the vids aren't really good ones) before this tourny i have this sat?

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
definitely use more aerials

Watching the Samus vid I think you need to brush up on your grab game a little.

but yeah order and latch, but I think order and range and spacing are a bigger issue.

asob4

Smash Champion
just pay attention to white ones mostly! lol they can ruin kills so make sure you latch before you attack, trust me

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
thanks all, hopefully i'll get some batteries and post better vids tomorrow (even though i said the same thing before) and it will be vids of me vs. my friend who made 7th at "critical strike" (not huge tourny, but it had good people there such as azen)

does anyone have any advice to add for me for this weekend?
so far i have :
latch more
pay attention to pikmin order (i normally do, was warming up sry guys)
and use more aerials (been practicing this with appropriate spacing the past two days)

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
I'm sorry I haven't been able to view these yet - I promise they are on my to do list!! - I've been busy trying to get my new doubles team working (olly and jiggly) and simply being busy at college - but I promise to view these tomorrow or the next!!

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
you might already be on your way to the tourney by now, but it's never too late to get some critiqueage. you're pretty solid first of all, and I don't really want to get into what you're good at so forgive me. there's a lot you're good at, but i noticed a few things you could work on.

1)most players should SH more aerials at you as an approach. expect more than your friend did, he didn't do this at all because the characters he plays with are not specifically good at it. watch out for it, and be prepared to counter.

2)throw pikmen more. you didn't do this as much as you should have. also, you approached with it often it w/o SHing. this leaves you vulnerable and your friend didn't do a good job punishing you. he could have easily SH towards you, dodge(in the air)the single pikmen you threw, and grab or something else.

3) both samus and sonic have very low priority so... it's not necessarily good practice against the higher priority characters such as snake and MK.

Fredd

Smash Apprentice
Yeah!
I like your edge-guarding game.
I`ve learned quite a lot from watching your Sonic video.

Good job ~

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
good job pyronic. it looks like you've improved quite a bit from when I saw your vids last. much better job spacing. I'd mix up your air game a bit more though. maybe occasionally SH-airdodge-behind your opponent-into something. maybe it'll catch him off guard. who knows.

keep playing!

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
haha, thanks danger and fredd :)

@danger
this is why i was saying those first vids were bad but i just wanted something up....... i am way better than those first ones lol, those were warm-ups haha but i still need to get better... i.e. i lost at "critical hit 2" :/
o yea, today i tried out the air dodge through bair idea.... at least for me, if i was able to air dodge through them, there wasn't enough time afterwards to fit a bair in

anyone that sees something wrong or things i could have done better, or just wants to state an opinion..... feel free to post :)

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
bump ... if thats fine to do. i'll probably put up more vids soon, but i kinda wanted people's opinions on these vids first... so yea, anyone have advice? suggestions? opinions?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I just viewed the whole series with ROB. It looks like you two are pretty evenly matched. It seems like you're doing pretty good.:) I noticed that near 30% of his moves that hit you were dsmash. For this reason, I don't really feel like posting much, b/c anything could happen when you correct that. A lot of times, it was b/c you rolled towards ROB when you weren't next to him. If you do that, he'll be sure to dsmash you. If you roll towards him when you're NEXT to him, you won't be within range of the move. Just remember that you're range game is better than his, and you're in control when you have decent distance from him. Don't sacrifice your distance to get hit by the nasty dsmash. Instead of rolling, many of those times you'd be better off standing still-then grabbing and maybe hoping he runs at you. If not, then you can roll away and start over. If you ever have to second guess yourself, then you're always better off running away to setup again. This leads me to my next observation. Your ROB opponent has a peculiar "thing" about him. I noticed that when he's close or he just finished attacking you close combat, he much more than often chose to roll towards you! More than likely, he'd use dsmash. This is another big way he caught you in it! Don't be hesitant to punish him. A SHfair can do the job. If you SHfair the second after he rolls, you can get a good, safe shot at him w/o the risk of getting hit yourself. You will have hurdled the low dsmash, while simultaneously getting in a fair. Try it.

I decided to look over what I said earlier about your earlier matches to see if there's anything you didn't correct. I found when I vaguely mentioned you throwing one lonesome pikmen. You still do this often. It most likely resulted in a dead pikmen(sad sight. *sigh*) If you throw one pikmen rather than two, it makes a big difference. One pikmen thrown gives your opponent only one obstacle to overcome. One pikmen is easy to spot dodge. Two pikmen gives your opponent a much harder task. It will make your opponent concentrate a little harder on avoiding them. Your opponent can't spot dodge two well-placed pikmen with only one spot dodge. Remember, two can be thrown with one SH. When you throw more than one, you're making them MOVE around. This is quite arguably your whole goal in throwing the pikmen in the first place. To get them to move around-to make them feel more uncomfortable, and distracted. Don't get me wrong, they're still quite dodgable, but it requires a little more precise timing on their part, which can set them up for you to rush in and grab/hit/etc.

I just reread what I just typed out, and it sounds like I'm being a bit too obvious in my explanation, but trust me, there's a big difference. The littlest things can make the biggest difference.

Good luck! tell me if this helps. :)

Top Bottom