• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[P:M 2.5] - Stage Selection and Menu Error

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I'm actually having a bit of trouble with Project M 2.5.

See, I'm currently attempting to run it via the Configurable USB Loader application -- which ran the previous versions perfectly fine -- but now I'm having two main issues with version 2.5. The main menu (mode selection screen) doesn't have the usual Project M background and the stage selection screen isn't aligned properly. The stage tabs will constantly flicker and blend in with one another as well (due to the misalignment).

The character selection screen has the usual Project M background and selection style-- and when booting the game, it has the "Secure wrist strap for hype" text, so I'm not too sure where the problem comes in considering it does boot correctly in all other aspects.

If anyone has any information on how to fix this, it would be greatly appreciated!

Additional information:
- I'm booting the game via Homebrew.
- I tried using both the Fullset and Wifi setups (same problem with both).
- I cleared my SD Card of everything except the extracted ZIP folders and files and the same issue occurred.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/System

I notice that it has:
Common.pac
Common3.pac
Common4.pac
Common5.pac

But no Common2.pac? Is that normal?

Doq

Smash Lord
I've had to extract the menus from common5.pac using BrawlBox. That might be your issue. (However, I ISO hack and use Dolphin, so it may also be another story.):)

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
What settings are you using in Configurable USB Loader?
I have everything set to default-- and it's set to load "Ocarina" codes. Which, although it's not Gecko, it's always worked the same way. Each Project M codeset has worked aside from 2.5, so I'm not too sure what the problem may be. Unless it requires a different IOS than what the others support.

And...

I've had to extract the menus from common5.pac using BrawlBox. That might be your issue. (However, I ISO hack and use Dolphin, so it may also be another story.):)
I'll attempt this. Not sure if it would cause issues with the usual SD Card's directory, but if it works, I'll post about it ASAP.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Looking at this, the menu problem is something to do with mu_menumain located at pf/menu2. The file could just have a vBrawl background or something like that.

The stage thing sounds very odd, though.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I'm assuming you're using a 2GBs or less SD card?

What hook type were you using? Most people use VBI, but if that doesn't work, try each hook to see if one works.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Hook type?
I'm assuming you're using a 2GBs or less SD card?

What hook type were you using? Most people use VBI, but if that doesn't work, try each hook to see if one works.
I've used VBI by default, but the same error occurred for each of them.
And yes, my SD Card is 2GB.

Looking at this, the menu problem is something to do with mu_menumain located at pf/menu2. The file could just have a vBrawl background or something like that.

The stage thing sounds very odd, though.
mu_menumain.pac and sc_title.pac are in there. But it's odd that it won't work, considering I'm using the same download link (and installer) as everyone else. I could care less about the menu if it didn't freeze at the stage selection. Whenever I select a character, it has the Project M layout, so it's not as though all the menus are erroring for me. Just how the stages aren't aligned and some tabs overlap each other and are scattered across the screen.

Example; whenever I hover over one of the tabs, the picture that appears to show you what stage you're selecting is chopped off at the top because it's so high up-- and the right side of it is behind a mass of stage tabs.

Phase 3

Smash Rookie
I don't know if you guys have solved this problem, but I believe I might have found a solution. My friends and I have been using Configurable USB Loader and ran into a similar problem. I've seen this issue mentioned both on forums and Facebook; however, nobody seemed to have a decisive remedy. I even went to the IRC chat for help only to find that they could offer no suggestions.

Well, hopefully I have found the answer for everyone.

If you run a similar setup to us, you might have two (or more) RSBE01.gct files on your SD card. Run a search of your SD card for that name and see what comes up. If multiples come up, keep an eye on where they're located. Take the RSBE01.gct file that comes with 2.5b and replace all instances of RSBE01 on your SD card with the one from the Project M website.

By just dragging and dropping the folders P:M gives you, you're probably only overwriting one of them so you have to go back, sniff them all out and make sure they all get replaced.

I just got mine up and running after doing that and y'know, I should've thought of it earlier given that I had a couple issues, albeit not as dramatic, when 2.1 first dropped.

Anyway, I hope this helps.

Top Bottom