• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ownapalooza XIII GetWet: Singles, Doubles, and One Man Crews f/ SoCal

WassupJB

Smash Lord
let me get some thoughts from people

first:
1. who liked the free falcon tournament?
2. if you didn't like it why? if it was a tournament for a different character would you be more enthusiastic?

second:
i want to do a free falco vs fox tournament. the set MUST be falco vs fox, not a ditto.
1st: the players rock, paper, scissors. the winner of that determines what character they plays. example: if the winner of rock, paper, scissors choses falco, the opposing player MUST be fox.
2nd: players play rock, paper, scissors again for stage striking and all that gay shiit, and that procedure remains the same. counter-picking and banning stages are the same, except there is no character swapping unless both players consent to the switch. example: p1: falco, p2: fox to p1: fox, p2: falco.
people thoughts on this?

there is a good chance i'm going to run this or a free falco bracket next tournament i run. thoughts?

SFAT

Smash Ace
1. I enjoyed it.

Sounds cool. So f*ck you guys (Darrell) who say it's not; it's free. Though, this tournament was pretty small, so we did have time to kill; however, I think we could still do it at a more average sized tournament. We probably just need to overlap some events.

pewpewyou

Smash Journeyman
Sounds dope. I'd most definitely win this tournament with my amazing RED Falco.

PS did I mention it's RED?

L__

Smash Master
I liked the Falcon free tournament

I also like the idea of the fox vs. falco tournament, it sounds like fun.

my spacies are gonna tap

yayuhzzz

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I like the idea of the fox/falco tournament. Maybe you could just combine the rock-paper-scissors games though. So instead, just play one round of RPS and have the winner choose their character and the loser decide who strikes the first stage (or something like that). Idk, it doesn't really matter but it's just a small suggestion

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Did anyone happen to pick up an extra controller? I can't seem to find mine. It's black and has an X carved into the back.

pockyD

Smash Legend
just gonna say i'd rather do friendlies or whatever i feel like at the time than the borefest of mandatory fox only FD!!!

then again, i didn't even go to the last one so who cares what i think!

DarrellD

Smash Ace
just gonna say i'd rather do friendlies or whatever i feel like at the time than the borefest of mandatory fox only FD!!!

then again, i didn't even go to the last one so who cares what i think!
Quoted for truth. Anything free and mandatory is just whatever

darkatma

Smash Hero
Sounds dope. I'd most definitely win this tournament with my amazing RED Falco.

PS did I mention it's RED?
what if you lose the coin flip and are forced to go fox the whole time
then you can be fox

sfat i wish you weren't a high school student so i could smash with you all the time and learn the fox matchup

joeplicate

Smash Master
we should just do

the better player has to go their worse spacie

so like, if it were me vs sfat, his falco vs my fox
or me vs L, my falco vs his fox

yeah?

L__

Smash Master
bro I barely play fox anymore

I think my falco would do better vs your fox anyways

oh and you all suck

WassupJB

Smash Lord
should i make a video thread? i don't feel like i need to...there are more people subscribed than people who will check threads right?

uploading lucien vs sfat right then i'm going to drink alcohol and have unprotected sex. unprotected: i'm not going to a wear shield, helmet, armor or anything.

WassupJB

Smash Lord
ownapalooza's are whack, no body cares.

there needs to be more of those gpf cgc's.

WassupJB

Smash Lord
i've called twice on different days and couldn't get paul, and i'm not booking with their incompetent staff.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Closed by request. Jason, I hope you run another Ownapalooza tournament. You are a great TO. Thanks. Julian was telling me you found another potential venue that was like 15 minutes away from HMW's place. I hope the new place works well (if it does end up working).

WassupJB

Smash Lord
tournament at fudds oct 8th. local.

singles
doubles
falcon only again

sfat gets free entry into singles.

WassupJB

Smash Lord
haha read all that **** about me not wanting to be at fudds. ah, hahahaa don't give a **** we still doing it mo***as

Top Bottom