• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Out of shield

Tin

Smash Journeyman
I have trouble doing stuff out of shield. I can jump out of shield but the attacks themselves are never at the right height. I want to float out of shield, how can I do this? Maybe I'm doing it too fast or something because I always end up sidestepping.

Any tips or advice?

Much appreciation.

darkatma

Smash Hero
How are you jumping out of shield?
Start using y or x button to jump, you can't be sidestepping unless you're using the control stick to Jump AND float. So instead use the y or x buttons and press down at the height u want. Practice groundfloating out of shield first, then groundfloat out of shield with a nair.

edit: I'm sure this info is in the guides already.. search them up next time

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
The best way to float out of shield is if you're holding down while shielding, all you need to do is press Y or X while continueing to hold down to float right into it. It's the quickest way but the drawback is always crouch canceling, and you can't really DI the right direction if someone breaks through your shield since you've effectively DI'd any move downwards.

Kman25

Smash Ace
Well I just try and press the buttons together to get the right height, I can do that with short hopping also but you will still hit them with a nair even if its with a full jump if you do it right

Top Bottom