• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Out of order, new matchup thread coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
It's still going; we simply hit a dead end due to people having a lack of experience with this MU I guess. Idk if Wolf's F-air has more range than Peach's. You might have just as much range as ours if yours has more range than Marth's, since ours does. We at least know that your F-air definitely comes out faster than ours (then again, a lot of charaters' F-airs come out before ours, lol)...

oOTjayOo

Smash Apprentice
Is shine jump great on peach? also is using usmash a good idea scince peach uses her floating dairs alot?

Laem

Smash Champion
Is shine jump great on peach? also is using usmash a good idea scince peach uses her floating dairs alot?
I can imagine jumpshine to be preh gud. I myself dont use it alot tho(a bad thing i suppose), and when i do, i have this urge to shout it out, which makes the entire thing feel like a gimmick xD.
Upsmash...is too slow, and peachs dair has deceptive range. I doubt it'll work at all. For grounded moves comparison, uptilt and upangled ftilt would be better, but still worse than aerials.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
i think peaches dair clanks with our upsmash so by the time you can react to it they'll be throwing out another dair, i think a JS would probably work better or a ftilt tilted up.

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
Idk about that, I'll have to ask around. But I know for a fact her Golf club and Tennis racket out prioritize marth's Fair.
Surprisingly enough Peach's 2nd slap/jab also has more range than Marth's Fair.

Shine gets the job done. I think you can even do so after you SDI out of Peach's Dair.

Up Smash while Peach is using Dair? No. Up Smash BEFORE she uses Dair? Sure. But I think using a Bair while Peach is floating would be a better option as long as you aren't running into a Fair.

pulse131

Smash Ace
posted hella for the link boards currently discussing wolf. might as well put it here before it gets lost slash im too lazy. just think of this as opposite advice so you can learn what advantages link has, JUST IN CASE YOU EVER NEED IT l0ol.

back air wall is very good, yes, but not quite as good as you may think. i know on marth, back air wall is either outdone or traded with nair or fair, with link i assume the same applies, however i dont know for sure. retreat with a roll or retreating zair, and/or bomb.
not sure about get up attack l0ol.
wolf sucks at lylat, yoshis island is alright, i dont like it though. usually with wolf i simply use one of the 3 neutrals as a counterpick depending of course, mainly battle field. to counter pick him tho lylat works fine for link at least better then wolf. barely matters what you ban though. if your against a wolf dumb enough to fsmash a shield, just use dsmash OoS, or grab, jab, whatever. basically fsmash is a good punisher for wolf, but the thing you really wanna worry about as a punisher is jump shine, but ill come back to that later. nair isnt too hard to gimp but of course link is easier, the bayonet (wolfs gun as a weapon) works well for gimping and the laser can eat your jump. shine is also a great gimper, and can be followed with footstool or practical any other aerial, just not forward unless your under the stage.

moves that work on wolf, id say jab, zair, bomb, utilt, nair. some moves id avoid more often would probably be dair, usmash, maybe dacus, ftilt, or anything else really punishable when hitting a shield. watch out for nair OoS, its reduces the size of wolfs hurt box, which is one reason you may see him DI-ing with. jab cancel dsmash is a god send, as usual. alot of shield grabbing, even though it can be spaced well to avoid grabs, but lucky link, extended grab. just make sure you dont mess up. if your shield breaks, his only options are basically fully charged smashes, his upsmash being the most damaging and least used. however, it being multiple hits can be di-ed/smash di-ed out of by holding i think its up, but just so you know. dair is usually only good for mindgames, trying to just land one is never good, but a fast reacting wolf can just shine it OoS. dthrow cg, maybe even 3~4 when done right, escapable but wolf is a fast faller so just mess around with it while trying to be safe. when attemping to gimp, usually just run off the stage and nair works well, its not often then you get hit but his side b's sweet spotted hitbox, specially if you know what your doing. utilt works wonders on the easily juggled wolf, at lower percentages utlit once and be ready to grab or jab when he falls, cant stress how good this is even on other characters. also the gale angeled down can set him up for an easy edgegaurd, gives plenty of hitstun to where even the best wolves will have trouble recovering, just done get gimped yourself. another utilt usally dosnt work cuz of di and air dodging or shine, just be ready to shield if he does.

moves too look out for would be of course back air, more so when your in the air and them reading you. pretty sure link cant to crap other then air dodge when facing and falling with a wolf coming at you ready to bair/fair. jab canceling works great with grabs/dthrow/fthrow, reverse grab, turn around bair, jumpshine, blaster, well you get the idea. all kinds of stuff that can get you flustered mainly at lower percentages, however a wolf that knows better will keep his dthrow fresh, for when near the edge its an amazing gimping tool on characters such as link, sending you right out and down, setting you up for ledgegrab, shine, dair, footstool, etc.
jumpshine works amazingly on aerials approaches or for getting out of combos, it gives wolf invincibility frames and can have more range then you may think. as an example, peachs dair whole gliding, is easily jumpshined even in the middle of the attack, so be aware of its awesomeness. retreating fair is probably wolfs best spacer, safe approach along with back air.
dacus is basically a for either surprising your opponent or when fsmash wont reach to punish something, and possibly out of f/d throw. dsmash is his best kill move, probably take out link at 130 midcenter, but i wouldnt be surprised if it could be whiplashed. as for tilts, i wouldnt really worry about em, down and up tilts are basically underrated, yet still not that good. ftilt is just kinda wierd, having two hits although it dosnt show anything but him thrusting his claws forward.

the matchup, id say 60-40 wolf, link is comboed alot easier even though all of there moves put together probably even up, if anything wolf has the slight advantage, and wolfs recovery simply has more length.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Shesh, I was a few months late on the Pit matchup here, or I haven't been around here much. Sorry bout that. I would like to help with the matchup somehow, as well as a Pit's point-of-view to improve your matchup thing. You can AIM me or something about this eventually, for it won't only help you; it can help me too.
Anyways, GL with the rest of the matchups, and I'll be on AIM MOST of the time, and will usually respond once I see the message whenever you need me from the best of my knowledge.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
I don't understand why we're still discussing this.

Peach does out-range Wolf's bair with fair, but it's slower than Wolf's bair. With that in mind, pay close attention to Peach, and as long as you act first, you'll get your hit.

Blaster is superior to turnip from my experience. They're faster than turnips and you get more out than Peach can with her turnips.

Peach has a pseudo-CG, so just stay away from Peach in the beginning. Spam a little with blaster. Know that your bair game owns Peach (maybe not own, but it's viable).

I would give this to Wolf, 55-45. I think there's an advantage for Wolf, but it's pretty minuscule.

Apollo$

Smash Ace
Quote (originally posted by AfroTwist BlueBerryPie):
God you suck DeTa.
Now that we've rubbed it in your face, Izaw isn't the best Wolf anywhere. Where have you even heard that? Good god...

It's Aib alright but anyway......

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Quote (originally posted by AfroTwist BlueBerryPie):
God you suck DeTa.
Now that we've rubbed it in your face, Izaw isn't the best Wolf anywhere. Where have you even heard that? Good god...

It's Aib alright but anyway......
That's spot on, though. Izaw's a good Wolf. I hear that BarracudaDrifter taught him everything he knows. Now I feel dirty for using a meme I don't particularly enjoy.

Anyway, are we skipping Peach, or...?

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
this peach discussion has been going on forever, i dont think sess has been around to update...

if only barricuda was here

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
Triple post. Name search

View Who's Online
Most users ever online was 4,206, 03-10-2008 at 06:55 PM.
Bloodcross, *Cam*, *SniperNightOwl*, *Tyson*, -Doom-, -Kiros-, -Vocal-, -WoMp-, .11, 1337-Zero, 5ive, 8AngeL8, :mad:, AeroLink_the_SoulMaster, agidius, ahchoomattchu, Airborne, Albert., algandar88, Alus, Alzi, Apgar, Arikie, Azuzu, bajisci, Beanman, BetaBahamut, bibleonian, bigman40, Bl@ckChris, blackanese, BlackStar696, blah122, Blakmane, BleachigoZX, bleyva, Blue Rogue, bowser king, BrainShue, Bryan500, BunBun, bundtcake, burntsocks, Bwett, Cactuarz, Calvo819, CAOTIC, CaptainPREQ, castorpollux, Ch3s, CHAiN-ACE, ChaosKnight, charmander1065, cheeseball341, Cherry64, Chuee, Cloudfox, clowsui, Cobalt, Conti, CorruptFate, CRASHiC, Crow!, Crowing, Cyan_, D13, Dakaggo, Damon180, Daniel_the_Seraph, DaomarIsBear, Dark 3nergy, Dark Shifter, Dark Sonic, DarkChris126, DarkDragoon, Darktoon, deathbysuarez, Degyn Sefer, DEHF, Delta-cod, derkapalooza, Destroy.exe, disasterABDUL, Doctor X, Domo123, Don Guero, DondonSF, Dr Peepee, Dragonmaster_Omega, dualseeker, DusK-The-Stray, dvon21, electricchair, ElNoNombreHombre, EraOfGames, Erkekjetter, Eternal Yoshi, e_alert, F8AL, FaceLoran, FAILchion-, falco03, festizzio, Finch, Fl@me, Flayl, Freeroller, FrozenHobo, FYC ChiboSempai, Gamedominator06, GamerGuitarist7, GameUniverse, GarraLeeLink7, Gates, gcubedude, giuocob, global-wolf, GooeyBanana, Grand Duke Michael of Asturias III, Hai Im Fearless, Hastule, HazZarD, Heart Break Kid, heitss, hemightbegiant, hippiedude92, hotdogturtle, hubble, Hylian, I Dair You, Iamthemovie, Ic0slay3r, ICE27, IIIIRICK, Ilove, Inle~Orichas, INSANE CARZY GUY, Inui, I_Am_Plum, j3ly, jack302, Jam Stunna, jasonhan416, JayDeth, Jbandit, Jimmyfosho, JOE!, Joker490Frozen, JPOBS, Judo777, Juggleguy, Junahu, Kaiber Kop, kaizo13, Katapultar, Kazyx, Kewkky, kidneybeans, Kiiro Caballero, King~, Kirby1, KirinBlaze, Kirk, Kitamerby, KJay8, Kudou-kun, KumaOso, Kyronexx, Ladybug, Lawz., leafgreen386, Ledge_g2, link2702, links24, Lovage, LozanoGarbanzo, Lucario1337, Lucas Perfected, M0nkUn1t, Mad J, majora_787, Majority, mangan, Marteh, MarthTrinity, MaskedAvnger, mastermoo420, Mch12, megapup, Megavitamins, mercy, MeSSi, metalreflectslime, Mew2King, Mewtwo_2000, Mi1ooo, Micaelis, MikeKirby, mikeray4, Mink, MK26, Monk/Honkey/Banana, Moon of the Strawberries, Moophobia, mr.fizwidget, Mr.Lemon, muffin9124, Muzga, NearZzz, nevershootme, Nihonjin, NixxxoN, Nnedis, Nuris, Nysyarc, Ocean, OizenX, Omis, Omnigamer, ook, P. O. F., Pandaxen, Pawls to the Wall, PhantomX, Phillyrider807, PieDisliker, Pink Reaper, Plorf, PND, po pimpus, pockyD, PsychoMidget, Pyronic_Star, Quenk, R00R, RandomTBush, rathy Aro, RedHalberd, Rei-gun, Revolutionary Motel Vacaville, Riddle, Risque, roacherman, rockem7, RocketPSIence, Roxy, RoytheSmasher, Rudra, ryzingsun11, Ryzol_, Sagen du Smash, san3711, Sanji Himura, SaveMeJebus, Scabe, Scaphist, ScaryLB59, SCOTU, Segtendo, Shadow 111, ShANk, Shinku, shlike, Shugo-Chan, Sieg, SilentVerse, Silfa, SkylerSilver, SlayerKillz, sleak-, Slightlyvicious, Smash G 0 D, smasher32, Smoking Puppy, Smoom, Smooth Criminal, SnackAttack, snes101, SolarChimecho, solecalibur, Solid Jake, Sonic Storm, SOVAman, Sparta Kick, Spelt, SpiredMoth, spreedom, Sraigux, sswizzbbeatss, Steelia, Sterowent, stingers, Stockfield, strawhats, suinoko/Jade Stern, Super Smash Bros. Fan, supermarth64, Suspect, Suuwo, Suyon, SwastikaPyle, Syko_Lemming, T. Webb, tedeth, Teh Future, Tesh, Th3 Composer, The Real Inferno, TheAceLucario, thegreatkazoo, TheLifeRuiner, The_SMILE, Thinkaman, ThreeX, Tin Man, Tink, TIPPR, Today, Tokaio, Trips707, TunaCasserole, typh, Ultimaceon, UltiMario, UltyBomber77, unreon, unwelc0med, Ussi, UTDZac, vagabond, Valdens, Van Jones, vanek_pi, Variola, Veril, Vex Kasrani, ViceGrip, VideoKidHEERO, Virgilio, Vrael, weon - X, White-Peach, WIGI, Windrose, WWJasonD, X iLink X, xion07, xiong20, xxmoosexx, Yaya, Yeroc, Zajice, _kadaj_, _KuyaSombreo_, _proxy_, _umbra_, _Yes!_, ~Infinity~, ~Twitch~, ~ZIO~

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
If you want to troll Gull say DK:Wolf is 70:30, and if you want to troll me say Luigi:Wolf is 70:30 :p lol

But yeah, doesn't seem like Sess is updating anymore. I'm thinking of making a thread for a poll on what to do with the matchups. Let me know if you have any good ideas that you'd like to see?

:059:

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
If you want to troll Gull say DK:Wolf is 70:30, and if you want to troll me say Luigi:Wolf is 70:30 :p lol

But yeah, doesn't seem like Sess is updating anymore. I'm thinking of making a thread for a poll on what to do with the matchups. Let me know if you have any good ideas that you'd like to see?

put me in charge of it >:D
lol no, but someone with a decent amount of match up history should probably take over

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe

Luigi has the advantage, but slightly. Dk is 60-40 Wolf's favor.
What do you think it is?
Sup Karcist. How was gamepad? And Diddy vs Wolf is argueably 55-45 Wolf's favor to us, but the Diddy's might disagree. I've beaten Esoj and Deez recently. Both though went to third game. But not on SV kinda made it my favor for camping and such.

tekkie

Smash Master
What do you think it is?
prolly 55-45 or 60-40. a good diddy can stuff the hell out of wolf's options.

Sup Karcist. How was gamepad? And Diddy vs Wolf is argueably 55-45 Wolf's favor to us, but the Diddy's might disagree. I've beaten Esoj and Deez recently. Both though went to third game. But not on SV kinda made it my favor for camping and such.
tell them taking a laser is worth it for a banana hit. it still blows my mind that people can get camped by wolf but until the day comes that people realize that wolfs blaster takes 43 frames to produce a laser that moves at 2mph people like jumpman are going to keep winning tournaments

rvkevin

Smash Lord
do you approach your opponent?
Sometimes. Always approaching or always running away is a bad way to play. Saying someone approaches Wolf requires a weird use of the word since "approaching" Wolf mostly involves zoning him to the edge and punishing crossovers. The only way to win without approaching would be if you have a better projectile game: Falco, Olimar, TL, etc.

tekkie

Smash Master
Sometimes. Always approaching or always running away is a bad way to play. Saying someone approaches Wolf requires a weird use of the word since "approaching" Wolf mostly involves zoning him to the edge and punishing crossovers. The only way to win without approaching would be if you have a better projectile game: Falco, Olimar, TL, etc.
point taken. do you have problems against wolf when he camps?

pulse131

Smash Ace
problem with wolf camping? good point though, wolf sucks at crossing over, getting through.

as for dk vs wolf, i say more towards 55-45 wolf. the tilts just force wolf to keep a safer distance. and when it comes to battle of the back airs wolf dosnt always come out on top. dont play many dks so im mainly basing this off of opinion but im pretty sure the MU is pretty close but if anything, wolfs favor. if you find yourself running away and blastering and having to crossover consider maybe dair since dk is nice and phat. or full hop bair > jump shine > DI away.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
problem with wolf camping? good point though, wolf sucks at crossing over, getting through.

as for dk vs wolf, i say more towards 55-45 wolf. the tilts just force wolf to keep a safer distance. and when it comes to battle of the back airs wolf dosnt always come out on top. dont play many dks so im mainly basing this off of opinion but im pretty sure the MU is pretty close but if anything, wolfs favor. if you find yourself running away and blastering and having to crossover consider maybe dair since dk is nice and phat. or full hop bair > jump shine > DI away.
adv wolf easy. u dont battle there bair u blaster it then u bair them

D

Deleted member

People say I shouldn't be having trouble with ZSS, but I had a lot of trouble fighting Sovereign, and also Sole Calibur's ZSS as well. Rediscussion on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom