• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Out of a dash attack.... what do you do?

ADHD

Smash Hero
I also do the fair or back air and sometimes the up air.

Can they DI right after? Because sometimes they are on different directions then usual but maybe its just me.

Also, I can't find anywhere to put my dtilt in my game or the ftilt :(

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
Glide tossed banana -> Ftilt / dtilt works, if you don't want to diminish your smashes.

Yes your opponent can DI the dash attack, fortunately pretty much anywhere they DI they are still vulnerable. If they DI behind you, reverse Ftilt works wonders. If they are up in the air, at least one of your aerials should be able to hit them.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
Dash attack dair back onto the stage to get owned by more bananas is win. Hard to land, have to hit with the last hit of the dash attack. The dash attack has diffrent effect based on where you hit with it. Its always better to use it farther so that you "tip" with the dash attack

At low percents a few uptilts to fair can work sometimes

Ftilt is really quick, good reach, good priority and can kill 140-160% undiminished. Has pretty good knockback to knock them off the stage

At low percents dtilt can rack some damage and the knockback is so low like dtilt->ftilt or upsmash or something. Its really quick so you can catch a spotdodge with it

Count

Smash Champion
Dtilt has its uses but it is not a huge deal if you do not uses. However, if you do not use ftilt you are really missing out. It has more range than any attack and also is a quick move to follow up a dash attack, or any other attack for that matter.

General Diddy

Smash Apprentice
i like using my up smash unless their on KO range, otherwise depending on where they are i'll short hop an aerial or down tilt into a smash

Vall3y

Smash Lord
dash attack to upsmash at low %. no startup makes it connect always, and its good damage without diminishing other attacks.
on mid-low % just try to hit any air move, fair bair or uair if its a guaranteed combo you cant really be picky about it.
after that they can airdodge or even attack you themselves, fair is usually the best to hit them out of an attack or after the airdodge

saberhof

Smash Master
i sometimes spot dodge or throw a banana down, because they try and grab me for some reason >_>...but most of the time, i always land a banana and then the other one following up with another dash attack...it usually freaks them out and they start jumping, that's where i get them...

you can do lots of stuff really...too much :O...

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
Out of a dash attack, I use just about any attack that except for the dtilt and dsmash. Which attack I use depends on the situation.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
If they don't have much damage and the dash attack doesn't send them far I usually go into the neutral A combo or any one of the tilts. If the dash attack sends them a bit more than i'd like for a tilt then I just short hop and f-air or b-air.

edit: and by the way, I don't want to make a thread on this because its considered spam, but I've decided I'm going to hang out a lot in the diddy forums and hopefully get better with him. I'm not considering switching mains, its just that diddy is a really fun character to play and I think I'm gonna learn more about diddy if I play him a lot and talk about him with all you diddy mains

so, for the time being, I hope I get to know some of you, and you get to know me as the lucario representative of the diddy forums I guess...lol

Oh, and those of you that are worried I might spread the good news to scrubs that diddy is really really good, don't worry. I won't tell a soul ;)

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
I am having trouble with Tilts and Smashes. I want to do tilts more often but I do smashes. I tried setting the c stick to tilts, but it wasn't working as well as I thought. How do you tilt instead of smash? I don't really want to create a new topic for this.

Mario_ 101

Smash Ace
^

You're probably doing smashes more because you're too hard on your control stick. When wanting to do a tilt, push your finger with less force. If you still have trouble, then to do f tilt, walk forward while pressing a, d tilt crouch first, and u tilt (take tap jump off if you can't do this) by holding up first. I'd recommend not doing what I just mentioned in the last sentence if possible so you don't waste the smallest of time, but if you can't fully control it still then use the 2nd method.

And I use u smash and u tilt usually out of dash attack.

IDK

Smash Lord
yeah. nice bump of an old thread there new guy. its cool tho just read stickies, check dates, announcements, use search function... welcome to SWF.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
^

You're probably doing smashes more because you're too hard on your control stick. When wanting to do a tilt, push your finger with less force. If you still have trouble, then to do f tilt, walk forward while pressing a, d tilt crouch first, and u tilt (take tap jump off if you can't do this) by holding up first. I'd recommend not doing what I just mentioned in the last sentence if possible so you don't waste the smallest of time, but if you can't fully control it still then use the 2nd method.

And I use u smash and u tilt usually out of dash attack.

Ok Ill try that, but with tap jump off, will I not be able to SH. Cause I do that alot. And I already crouch first and walk forward for the d/f tilt.

underscore_

Smash Journeyman
I like using nAir at high %'s cause the hitbox stays out longest and will hit through air dodges pretty easily.

Mario_ 101

Smash Ace
Ok Ill try that, but with tap jump off, will I not be able to SH. Cause I do that alot. And I already crouch first and walk forward for the d/f tilt.
I don't quite understand. Do you use wii-mote, so you're not able to jump or something? If that's the case then change around your controls so you replace the taunt button with jump button. But do you mean that you are used to tap jump sh? If that's so then when you press the jump button, just tap it and release it real quick, don't hold it.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Interesting note. Lucario's Double Team. If you happen to Dash Attack it Usmash. It will dodge it and leave you in the perfect place for a smash/tilt/whatever follow up you feel like.

Slurpee

Smash Rookie
I usually use Dashes to pick up nanners, so afterwards I turn around and throw them. Or I jump and bair. Or I do a no lag up smash with the c stick. You can do many things from a Dash Attack :D

Top Bottom