• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Smash 4: Wii U Thread.

PND

Smash Champion

Hey guys! PND Here. You may remember me from such competitive scenes as: Smash 64, Melee, or Brawl.

I'm here representing 613 Smash, Ottawa's Smash 4 scene. We host weekly Smash 4 tournaments every Monday, as well as larger monthly tournaments. You can check out our facebook group here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/613smash/

Weekly events will be held on Mondays at the Blurry Pixel, doors at 5pm and brackets starting around 6:30 pm. $5 tournament entry fee + $5 venue fee (You get the venue fee back as credit that can be used towards food or drinks)

We have a stream! You can check us out at: http://www.twitch.tv/613smash
Check out our Youtube channel!: http://www.youtube.com/c/613smash
Hit us up on Twitter!: @613Smash

This thread will be for Smash 4 discussion, event discussion, power rankings, and other fun stuff. Hope to smash with you real soon!

Event Schedule:
Mondays: At The Blurry Pixel. $5 entry fee, $5 venue fee (Which you get back as credit towards food/drinks) We run singles bracket starting at 6:30pm.

Capital City Smash 3: INFO COMING SOON

NEXUS 2016: INFO COMING SOON

Official rules and stagelists can be found in the next post.

Ottawa Power Ranking!

1. JPeds :4diddy:/:4luigi:
The Tyrant King

Formerly the top of Anther's Ladder, Ottawa's own JPeds has been an explosive presence in the local scene. Not only top of Ottawa's PR, JPeds is the first Ottawa player to make it on the Toronto *cough* Ontario PR. Amazing performances in region, as well as notable wins at Canada Cup and Kings Never Die 2 firmly cement JPeds as Ottawa's number 1 player.

BreaD :4zss:
The Punisher

An incredibly strong Zero Suit Samus player from Gatineau, BreaD has been able to topple the mighty JPeds at a few tournaments. BreaD is known for his patient, safe play and incredibly strong punish game. He also boasts impressive wins over players like SuperGirlKels and King Kong.

3. Spanky :4kirby:/ ?
The Wildcard

Spanky had an incredibly strong PR season, with many strong placings and strong wins. This wild card still hasn't settled on a character, and plays the widest variety of characters in our scene. His Kirby is his most famous, taking sets of BreaD and more with this unorthodox style. (Read: Ducking a whole lot.)

4. Jerm :4shulk:
The Invader

Jerm originally hails from the Kitchener / Waterloo region, but recently has moved to invaded Ottawa with his masterful Shulk play. Jerm literally wrote the book on Shulk, most of the Shulk's around have watched his guides and tutorials on the character. Jerm is one of the few players in Ottawa to boast a tournament win over JPeds, his time spent honing his skills in the GTA have definitely paid off. He's really feeling it!

5. Knuckles :4mario:/:4sheik:
The Apex Predator

Ottawa’s Bad Boy of Smash is back, and he’s on the hunt. Formerly Ottawa’s best Brawl player, Knuckles is used to high pressure settings and the deep mental aspects of the game. He’s watching, waiting, and he’s ready. . . to time you out. Knuckles has had an incredibly strong PR season, despite not owning or playing the game outside of tournaments. This season he's been busting out a couple of secondaries, including his Sheik and Metaknight.

6. Clark :4fox:
The Supernova

The Supernova is back. Absent for most of the PR season, Clark has exploded back on the scene with his very stylish Fox. Clark will mount the pressure on you until you break, he's absolutely relentless. There's no shaking this Fox main when he's on your tail. (Hint: Do a barrel roll!)

7. Raiju :4ness:
The Goliath

Our friendly neighbourhood giant Raiju, takes number 7 on our list. Raiju is originally from Newfoundland and recently moved back, so you can see him tearing it up out East as well. Raiju has a rock solid Ness and had a really strong PR season, boasting wins over BreaD. Fitting for a man who's tag that sounds like a Spaghetti Sauce, he also (apparently) makes a mean pot of Spaghetti. The more you know!

8. QB :4metaknight:
The Dark Knight

QB makes his PR debut with his absolutely ruthless Metaknight. QB has had incredibly strong performances this year, including a 13th place finish at ECHO 2016. QB is a rising star, and definitely one to watch in the coming season. . . because he's the hero Ottawa deserves, but not the one it needs right now; so we'll smash him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A dark knight.

9. Killion :4ryu:/:4sheik:
The Iron Fist

Another PR debut, Killion makes number 9 on our list. His Ryu has been explosive in the scene, and his pocket Sheik helps bail out his World Warrior in a couple trouble matchups. With Shoryuken confirms out of nowhere, Killion is ready to reign over Ottawa with an Iron Fist.

10. Atlas:4ness:
The Titan

Patient, safe, and calculating, Atlas rounds out our list. His Ness is a fortress to try and penetrate, and he's adept at punishing you for entering his zone. You can see the life slip out of his opponent's eyes when he lands that fatal grab. But Atlas bears that weight on his shoulders, much like his namesake, and he'll take that victory all the way to the bank of Onett. Boasting very strong wins this season, Atlas' placing is hurt most by his lack of attendance.

Honourable Mentions:
These players were extremely close to making the top 10. In alphabetical order:

AlphaRam :4falcon: | Divine Haze :4diddy: | OCC :4rob: | Paubu :4sheik: | TRI :4link:

Last edited:

PND

Smash Champion
Rules and other important info.

Stagelist:

Starters:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Lylat Cruise
Town and City

Counterpicks:
Dreamland 64
Duck Hunt
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Castle Siege
Kongo Jungle 64 (DOUBLES ONLY)

Tournament Rules:
Click to expand. Very extensive.
● Mode: Stock. 2 Stocks for Singles. 3 Stocks for Doubles.
● Time: 6 Minutes for Singles. 8 Minutes for Doubles.
● Handicap: Off
● Team Attack: On
● Damage Ratio: 100%
● Custom Fighters: set to off
● Items: Off
● Pause: On, but only allowed on respawn platform to call a TO to the match, or unless both players agree in case of emergency situations. All other pauses will incur a stock loss to the player who pauses the game. If the pause causes the opponent to lose a stock, the player who pauses forfeits 2 stocks. If the pause causes a player to lose a game, the player who paused forfeits the game. Repeat offences will incur disqualification from the tournament.
● All Characters Available
● Mii Fighters are legal. You must use default A Mii. Your special move setup must be 1111, 2222, or 3333. You may not use your own Mii. Equipment is banned.
● All sets are best-of-3

Set Procedure
1. Players select their characters. Either player may elect to do Double Blind Character Selection (see next section)
2. Use Stage Striking to determine the first stage
3. The players play the first match of the set
4. Winning player of the preceding match may ban up to 2 stages. A player may expend one ban to ban all Omegas, or split that one ban to ban up-to-three specific Omegas, leaving the others as valid stage picks.
5. The losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match
6. The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
7. The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
8. The next match is played.
9. Repeat Steps 4 through 8 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.

● Stage Selection Clause: Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it.
Players may NOT agree to change the number of matches to be played.
A player/team may not pick any stage they previously won on during the set -- UNLESS the other player/team agrees to it.
● Double Blind Character Selection: Either player may request that a double blind selection occur. In this situation, a 3rd party should be told, in secret, each of player’s choices for the first round. Both players are to then select their first round character, with the 3rd party validating that the character selected is the same as their word.
● Port Priority: If an agreement cannot be made as to who gets what port, the players may enact a best of 1 game of Rock Paper Scissors. Winner gets their port selection, loser selects any other port.
● Stalling is banned: The act of stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable. Stalling tactics include but are not limited to becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., pausing, freeze glitches, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
● Bowser Jr’s Clown Car Glitch: If the Bowser Jr.’s Clown Car Glitch happens, players are to pause the match and call a TO or a referee over to confirm the glitch has happened. Once confirmed, players will reset the match to the same stocks and get as close to the percents as they had when the Glitch took place. (The Bowser Jr. Clown Car Glitch happens when the car respawns after using Up B right before the player loses their stock. The character starts to teleport around, also hit boxes and animations for Bowser Jr. change.)
● Time Outs / Ties: The winner of a match that goes to time (time out) will be determined by stocks and percentage. When the timer hits 0:00 player with the higher stock count is the winner. If both players are tied in stocks the player with the lower percentage is the winner. In the event of a percentage tie, or a match in which both players lost their last stock simultaneously, a 1 stock tiebreaker will be played with time limit of 3 minutes. Sudden Death is not to be played at all, and will not count.
● Self-Destruct Moves: We go by what the game says. If the game declares a winner, they win the match. If the game goes to sudden death, we will go by time-out rules above (stock, then percent.) If there is a debate about final percentages, save the replay and a TO will review it and declare a winner.
● Stock sharing is allowed in doubles.
● Colorblind Rule: Players may request that their opponent change colors to accommodate colorblindness or if their color is indistinguishable from either the other team color or the stage background. The request must be made before the match starts.
● Team Colors: Players’ character colors must match their team's color when possible, to avoid confusion (ex: Luigi on the green team must use the green costume).
● Warmups: Warmup periods, button checks, and “handwarmers” may not exceed 30 seconds on the game clock. Violation of this rule may result in an automatic forfeit at the discretion of the TO.
● Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter/Neutral list until there is one stage remaining. If both players agree, the first match can be decided by random select of the 5 starters.
● Controllers: Alternate or custom controllers/adapters are allowed. WiiPad, due to how expensive the pad is, is banned. Any illegal modifications to controllers (Turbo, Macro, etc) are banned, and are liable to get you DQ'ed at TO discretion.
● Players who use the Wii Remote must take the batteries out of the Wii Remote when not playing. If the Wii Remote is still synced up to a Wii with the batteries in, you could unintentionally disrupt a match. If problems persist, a DQ may happen.

Any malfunctions or errors associated with your controller are your responsibility, so make sure you’re using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of a controller problem.

4 vs 4 Stage List:

STARTERS:
Pyrosphere
Town and City
Pokemon Stadium 2
Big Battlefield
Omega Palutena's Temple

COUNTERPICKS:
Luigi's Mansion
(Not so big) Battlefield
Hyrule Temple
Windy Hill Zone
Kongo Jungle 64

4 v 4 Rules:

2 stock, 8 minute
Matches best of 3
Stock sharing allowed
Team Attack ON
You must pick a costume that matches your team colour.

Last edited:

Retlaf

Smash Apprentice
You are awesome for starting this up! Looking forward to it!

PND

Smash Champion
So our first event is at capacity! Can't wait to see you guys on Saturday! I like exclamation marks!

moreside

Smash Cadet
I'll be there Saturday, thanks for hosting!
This'll be my first actual event (even if it is just a mock tourney) in any of the games, I'm looking forward to it. Glad I could find a local scene!

PND

Smash Champion
Results time! Results time!

Saturday Night Smash I

Results:
Singles:
1: DivineHaze - Diddy
2: Kira - Megaman
3: PND - Jigglypuff / Little Mac
4: Spanky - Yoshi / Rosalina
5: Remi - Pikachu
5: Harold - Robin
7: Will - Captain Falcon
7: Knuckles - Fox / Sheik / DeDeDe
9: AlphaRam - Falcon
9: Ilandria - Robin
9: CocoPoofs - Ness / Pikachu
9: Fogel - Fox / Rosalina
13: BENIS - Captain Falcon
13: Baby Brother - Bowser
13: Five - Diddy
13: Alex - Kirby

Doubles:
Sorry guys, the bracket for doubles didn't save. Reconstructing top 5 from memory, beleive results were:

1. Blue Duo (Kira & Will) Megaman and Sonic
2. Velocirestor (PND & Spanky) Jiggs/Mac and Rosalina/Yoshi/Wii Fit Trainer
3. Team Katy Perry (Knuckles & Divine Haze) Fox/DeDeDe/Luigi and Diddy
5. Team Literacy (Harold/CoCoPoofs & Fogel) Robin/? and ?
5. Team Bubbly Champagne (AlphaRam & Lady Doctissima) Falcon and Villager

---
If I got anything wrong, such as characters used, let me know and I'll fix it.

PND

Smash Champion
First post has been updated with event / stream info. Second post now contains (exhaustive) rules for the tournaments.

Signups may continue here, or on facebook.

We are recruiting commentators! Interested in commentating on the live stream? Gimme a shout and we'll let you try it out.

Ilandria

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ilandria
3DS FC
5257-9434-0411
Awesome, thanks for all the info! Now I can easily practice on only tournament legal stages and act like I'm a good enough player that stage choice actually affects my play in ways that I understand! :p

Seriously though, I'm really looking forward to getting inolved more! :)

Last edited:

PND

Smash Champion
We're super excited to have you join us! The best way to get better is to play, play, and play some more. We're also going to be doing some stuff to help newer players out. One thing we're looking at is streaming a session on Sundays called Smash Course -- any players interested in learning some new techniques and ways to improve their game can participate. We'll get some of our veteran players to work with you to help you hone your smash skills. We're still in the process of getting it up and running, but stay tuned -- we'll let you guys know when it's going live.

Artryuu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Artryuu
3DS FC
5086-2093-6692
Had a great experience for the first time in local tourneys. Thanks a bunch. You have scary players, like @ DivineHaze DivineHaze and Spanky. ^-^/ Definitely going to come other tourneys when my schedule permits me.

PND

Smash Champion
Results from last night:
Singles:
1: Tao Chan ($41) | Megaman
2: Artryuu ($20) | Shulk / Olimar
3: Divine Haze ($8) | Diddy Kong / Sheik
4: Moo (remi) | Toon Link
5: Spanky | Captain Falcon / Rosalina / Yoshi / Kirby / Mario
5: PND | Jigglypuff / Little Mac
7: Lando | Villager
7: Fogel | Fox
9: Jiggernaut | Jigglypuff / Duck Hunt
9: Knuckles | Sheik
9: AlphaRam | Captain Falcon
9: Jasowar | Samus
13: Akumako | Fox / Greninja
13: JLE | Pac-Man / Pikachu / Lucario
13: SnJ | ?
13: CocoPoofs | Ness
17: Beast | ?
17: Davies | Kirby
17: Lady Doctissima | Villager
17: Venk | ?
17: Sky | ?
17: BreaD | ?
17: The Real Jaden Smith | ?

Doubles:
1: Team SpankyPanky (PND & SPANKY) ($22) | Jigglypuff & Captain Falcon
2: Patch the Gear (Artryuu & Tao Chan) ($14) | Shulk & Megaman
3: Team Katy Perry (Haze & Knuckles) ($4) | Diddy & Mario
4: Team NeverGonnaGiveYouUp (Fogel & SolN) | Fox & Villager
5: Unconcern Square (Akumako & Remi) | Fox / Little Mac & Pikachu / Game and Watch
5: No Name (AlphaRam & Cocopoofs) | Captain Falcon & Ness
7: Spunky Munkies (JLE & The Real Jaden Smith) | ?
7: Get Shrek't (L.D. Silver & Venk) | ?
9: Scoundrels of Destructive Illicitness (SnJ & Jiggernaut) | Toon Link & Jigglypuff
9: Arams (BreaD & Jasowar) | Zero Suit Samus & Samus
13: Killager (Davies & LadyD) | Kirby & Villager

If I made any mistakes, let me know!

PND

Smash Champion
Shoutouts!

Firstly, I have to give massive shoutouts to Fogel, Jiggernaut, CocoPoofs, BreaD, and AlphaRam for stepping up on the stream. You guy rocked it! I would be thrilled, honoured, and grateful if you guys are willing to commentate on a more regular basis.

Tao Chan & Artryuu: You ladies are absolutely amazing at smash, and I am so glad you two came out. I hope to see you gals around a lot more often! Your reign at the tournament was one of the most exciting things to happen at an Ottawa tournament, I'm so glad we caught it on video. Jessie, you have the most amazing Megaman I have ever seen. Jammie? Your Shulk is the best I have ever had the fortune to play. I'll win next time though! :p

Divine Haze: Yo bro. I think we got some competition for best in Ottawa. Your Diddy keeps impressing me more and more everytime I see it.

Moo (Remi): Your Toon Link is legit, but more importantly, it has an amazing pilot behind it. You're such a smart player, it's great to play you! I always learn so much from our matches. But don't get complacent -- My Mac has your number for next time.

Spanky: We finally figured out our team. Let the dynasty of Spanky and PND commence.

Lando: Firstly, OMG, so awesome to see you again. I jumped out of my seat when Cam told me you might be showing up. Secondly, for a player who doesn't own or play the game, holy crap are you good. I forbid you from buying the game, I need to stand a chance when we face eachother! You're not allowed to get better! :p

Fogel: Your fox is surgically precise, I loved watching you pilot him. You play such a cerebral game, it's always a blast to watch you operate. Also, it's amazing to hear you. You are such an amazing commentator. Thought you should know.

Jiggernaut: The Jigglypuff rivalry continues! Thanks for all the work on the stream, you are invaluable to the stream and the scene. As in, of immense value. That word is so counter-intuitive.

Knuckles: You are getting better and better. I don't think it will be long before your Sheik becomes one of the premiere threats in the scene.

AlphaRam: Most stylish Falcon in the scene? I think you're definitely a strong contender. I see you improving by leaps and bounds, keep at it!

Jasowar: #WiimoteWarrior! I'm terrified of you once you switch over to gamecube controller! Awesome to meet you.

Akumako:
Your Little Mac is sick in doubles! You definitely gave us a run for our money!

JLE, The Real Jaden Smith, SnJ, Venk, LDS crew: You guys are hilarious! I hope you keep coming out to events, you bring such awesome energy to it. Won't be long until you guys are raking in the winnings!

CocoPoofs: Congrats on the Link! Also, thanks for stepping up on the stream. You are an awesome commentator.

Beast: We didn't get to play, but you're super chill! I hope you make it out to more events.

Davies: The Davies combo is alive and well. If you put time into this game, you could definitely be on our crew's level.

Lady Doctissima: Hi honey! <3

Sky: Yo man! We need to hang out and Smash way more often!!

BreaD: Thanks for coming out. You bring so much hype on the commentary, we need to get you out for some more events! Sorry my brain was dumb at the end of the night with the Gamecube adapter sale, I hope you guys get some good use out of it.

And shoutout for everyone who checked out our stream! It had issues, but we're going to fix them and keep improving. Thanks for the support! Hope you stick with us, we have some big plans.

---

The event was awesome, but there were definitely some time issues. I've been brainstorming with Jiggeernaut, and we'll be making a couple changes going forward.

Firstly, finals matches will be Best of 3. The Best of 5 sets are great for large scale events, but keep us tied up a little too long.
Secondly, singles will be starting earlier into the doubles bracket. This way we can get the first round out of the way (hopefully) by the time Doubles wraps up.
Thirdly, Amiibo bracket will continue -- but we're going to split it into two pools. Players who go 0-2 will be in one pool, and players who go 1-2 will be in another. Top players of each pool will play eachother for the prize. This will cut down on the amount of matches needed to be played, and allow us to actually finish the event.
Lastly, I'm going to try and wrangle up more setups. The more we have, the faster the event will run. Here's hoping we can keep growing the scene!

---

Thanks for bearing with me during these growing pains, I can't wait to see you guys and gals out at the next event. I hope you had as much fun playing as I did hosting! Until next time, PND out.

Retlaf

Smash Apprentice
You say growing pains as if there were problems (aside from the blackout. lol. not our fault!). I think the event was splendid! :D But I do think your ideas for improvement are all spot on and well thought out.

I wish I could be a regular for bringing a setup, but I won't always have a car. In those cases, I'll be able to bring a wii or a monitor, whichever you need.

And believe me, I know our set was crazy close. I'll have to practice hard if I want to clutch out a victory next time too, vs either mac or jiggs. I remember your comment after the jiggs match where you mentioned you got too caught up looking for the kill. I know the feeling very well and I'm still intimidated by the puff.

Last edited:

PND

Smash Champion
Hey y'all! Thanks for the awesome turnout tonight, I'm so thrilled to see the scene growing so rapidly. We have some amazing talent here in Ottawa.

Results time!

Saturday Night Smash III – January 24, 2015-01-25

Singles:

1: Artryuu ($87.00)
2: Haze ($43.50)
3: Spanky ($14.50)
4: Clark
5: KanadaMan
5: Revan
7: Nimious
7: Knuckles
9: Tao Chan
9: Remi
9: Harold
9: Lando
13: JadenSmith
13: Shizbly
13: CocoPoofs
13: Fogel
17: V4Venk
17: Steve
17: PND
17: CJ
17: Jiggernaut
17: Blitz
17: Gravy
17: Stunulink
25: Flux
25: Linkshot
25: Alpharam
25: Mark
25: Skrub

Doubles:

1: No Suicides (Knuckles and Haze) ($54.00)
2: SPNDKY (PND & Spanky) ($27.00)
3: Light and Dark (Kira and Mahdi) ($9.00)
4: Never Gunna Give You Up (Fogel&Lando)
5: Blitz&Revan (Blitz and Revan)
5: Personally I prefer the Air (Jiggernaut & Linkshot)
7: Universe Lion (CocoPoofs & Remi)
7: Thunder Punch (AlphaRam &Harold)
9: Bromar (Mark & Omar)
9: Tree? (Joe and Jordan)
13: Masters of the Universe (Steve and Skylar)

Amiibo Champ:
AlphaRam

Amiibo Pool A

1: Alpharam
2: Linkshot
3: Skrub
4: Blitz

Amiibo Pool B

1: Gravy
2: Stunulink
3: PND
4: CJ
5: Steve
6: Jiggernaut
7: V4Venk

---
Post your characters and I will edit them in! Shoutouts too!

Artryuu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Artryuu
3DS FC
5086-2093-6692
Well I pretty much think you all know mine =:4shulk:,:4olimar:
Also my shoutouts:

CJ:4luigi:= Nice Luigi!! ^_^!! I'd recommend more down throw combos and roll less. You were rolling a looot, roll is the most punishable thing in smash 4, that and airdodge spam. I tend to punish rolls and airdodges. When landing, never airdodge when you're almost in the ground as that gives you a terrible landing lag. Take this tips and I'm pretty pretty sure you'll improve so much :3.
Harold:4robinm: =you got a set on my lovely shulk <3 wasn't really feeling it tonight so I had to bring Olimar. Hopefully, next time you'll know the Olimar mu. Love your Robin, have you seen Nairo's? I had the privilege to fight him once as well. Robin dominates B reversals as well as use arcthunder level 3 more. <3 seeking to battle you again broo.
Spanky:4mario:= Hey! Your Mario had the lead in damage in both games!!! You're scary as always 0-0,but your bairs were getting predictable...even though, I wasn't really feeling it with shulk today, Shulk stands for a better mu against mario than my Olimar. Backslashhh!!
Haze:4diddy:= Your diddy always, always, always, scares me, even if it doesn't look like XD. Love playing with you and I hope you also love playing me! You did much much better against my Olimar than last time... I can't imagine how you'll do against him next time 0.0! You will eventually get me I just know it =D.

Last edited:

PND

Smash Champion
Results for Smash 4 from the Algonquin tourney!

1. Kira - Megaman
2. Artryuu - Shulk / Olimar
3. AlphaRam - Captain Falcon
4. Gravy - Captain Falcon
5. Shizbly - Duck Hunt Dog
5. Tao Chan - Megaman
7. BRodz - Villager / Bowser
7. Clark - Fox
9. Bunny - Ness
9. Harold - Robin
9. PND - Jigglypuff / Diddy Kong
9. TRI - Link
13. Jarmo - ?
13. Jiggernaut - Jigglypuff
13. Rex - Captain Falcon
13. Sneaky - Captain Falcon
17. Branmuffin -?
17. BS51 - ?
17. Burn - ?
17. GravyTrain - Captain Falcon
17. Eric - Dark Pit
17. Latino - Mario
17. Mortsy - DK / Luigi
17. Sparky - Pikachu
25. Blessed - Toon Link
25. GreedDeDe - ?
25. ILZ - ?
25. Max -?
25. Stunulink - Link
25. Ttop - ?
25. V - ?
25. Voster -?
33. Fibble - ?
33. Jake - ?
33. Killua -?
33. L2 - ?
33. LadyD - Villager
33. Naf - ?
33. Ryan - ?
33. Smasher -?
33. Troy - ?
33. Try - ?
33. Yung Taimu - Captain Falcon

Please let us know about characters you used / faced so we can fill in the details. Also, give shoutouts!

Last edited:

jraft15

Smash Rookie
I'm interessed and am planning to attend the tournament on the 7th

PND

Smash Champion
Added you to the list. If you need directions or any other info, just ask Jiggernaut or I.

jraft15

Smash Rookie
Yes, I have 2 questions. Number 1: What is the full address of the venue? Number 2: Are there any age restrictions because I'm only 13.

PND

Smash Champion
I can Private Message you the address. There are no age restrictions, and for the most part we're pretty good at keeping profanity under control -- but we can't censor all the players all the time. You have to be okay with occasional swearing and a couple players who smoke cigarettes outside on the balcony. As long as you and your parents are cool with those two things, I'll send you the address.

Oh, and the events sometimes go pretty late. The last one I hosted finished at 11 pm. Just a heads up, something to consider.

Last edited:

CriticalxMiss

Smash Rookie
NNID
CriticalxMiss
Hey, I am pretty excited for this! Can't wait to see how I stack up against others! Can I get a PM of the address?

jraft15

Smash Rookie
Sorry I took so long, I can't come due to change of plans. However, I may come to one of your events in the future.

PND

Smash Champion
Saturday Night Smash IV is tonight!

LiveStream will be on at: http://www.twitch.tv/613smash/
Find us on Twitter @613Smash
Subscribe to our Youtube page:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzQEarK0n73ckO1iiK1rY2w

Still accepting last minute signups!

PLEASE NOTE: Due to player feedback, after tonight's tournament Windy Hill Zone (Doubles only) and Pokemon Stadium 2 will no longer be legal counterpick stages.

All aboard the hype train!!

PND

Smash Champion
I have to apologize to all our viewers tonight -- the internet quite literally crashed on us. A table got bumped, a router came crashing down and broke. . . just as Tio was updating, which wiped the bracket. Despite all that, the tournament was a huge success! With 32 players and a ton of hype matches, I'm amazed at how our scene is growing.

Because of the bracket wipe, we didn't get the full results for doubles. Top 5 was:

1. Patch the Gear (Artryuu and Tao Chan)
2. SPNDKY (Spanky and PND)
3. NoSuicides (Haze and Knuckles)
4. Light & Dark (Kira & Stunulink)
5. Lion Galaxy (AlphaRam & Remi)
5. Personally I'm Feeling the Air. (Jiggernaut and Linkshot)

Singles:
1: Kira
2: Artryuu
3: Tao Chan
4: Divine Haze
5: Spanky
5: Clark
7: Remi
7: Jiggernaut
9: Harold
9: Jaden Smith
9: PND
9: Knuckles
13: Orlando
13: Revan
13: Fogel
13: AlphaRam
17: Stunulink
17: Shizbly
17: BS51
17: JLme
17: Linkshot
17: CriticalxMass
17: Jan
17: TRI
25: RC80
25: WetNoodle
25: GG
25: Jason
25: V4Venk
25: CocoPoofs
25: BranMuffin
25: Lullaby

Our Amiibo champion was Linkshot! Taking home the most awesome looking Amiibo I've ever seen, Bowser.

Amiibo Pool A:
1: CocoPoofs
2: Jason
3: BranMuffin
4: RC80
5: WetNoodle
6: Lullaby
7: V4Venk

Amiibo Pool B:
1: Linkshot
2: Stunulink
3: TRI
4: BS51
5: Jan

Thank you everyone for coming out, chipping in, and making tonight an awesome event. Until next time, PND out!

PND

Smash Champion
Battle Royale 8 is coming up this weekend!

Please post if you can bring a setup.
1. PND (Wii U, GC Adapter, Stream stuff)
2. CocoPoofs (Wii U, Monitor)

$10 venue fee, proceeds of which go to Child's Play Charity. $10 for singles.

After this event, I will crunch some numbers and come up with our first, official Ottawa Power Ranking and debut it at the beginning of March.

Think you can make the top 10 player list? Come on out and show us your moves!

Ilandria

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ilandria
3DS FC
5257-9434-0411
I received two bursaries this past week, so my financial situation is a fair bit less scary now. I shall be starting to attend the weekly events again starting probably next Saturday! I'm excited to get back into it. :)

PND

Smash Champion
I received two bursaries this past week, so my financial situation is a fair bit less scary now. I shall be starting to attend the weekly events again starting probably next Saturday! I'm excited to get back into it. :)
We're super excited to have you back! It's been too long. Still repping Robin?

---

Battle Royale 8 is tonight! 5 pm at the Algonquin College Student Commons.

If I don't see you here:
https://www.facebook.com/eve…/781124968645561/78789059130233

I hope to see you here:
http://www.twitch.tv/613smash

Play Smash. Help charity. All the good feels.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
Extremely excited for this event. We'll be seeing Smash 4 rep from Montreal and possibly some from Toronto too!

Top Bottom