• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OTL TEAM/CREW BATTLES (Let's give this a fair trial run; also read the entire OP first)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToadsterOven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ToadsterOven
3DS FC
3711-6996-2029
Hello denizens of SmashBoards. Particularly those who use OTL a fair bit. This is an idea I've have brewing in my brain for a few days now and I thought "ehh might as well let it out of my mind and see if I can make this idea worth something" I feel having that having teams/crews battling each other might be both a lot of fun as well as a great incentive to keep regulars coming back for more.

OTL Team/Crew Rules and Guidelines:

"It's dangerous to go alone. Join a team/crew today!"

1. First and foremost, you are not required to join a team/crew here on OTL if that isn't your thing.

2. If you do want to join a team/crew or even make your own, that's great, the more the merrier I say! However, there are a few rules and guidelines you should at least read up on before joining or making your own team/crew

• A. Teams/Crews are like family the same way you and a group of friends/colleagues are considered "family". Therefore, joining an OTL team/crew or making your own is a commitment in that its your responsibility to stay active and keep up with your new family. It is up to the leader(s) to keep up with all aspects of their team/crew including updating the roster as people both come and go, (hey it happens.) keeping track of Team/Crew Battles won and lost, handling all transactions related to Group Battle Points, etc.

• B. Teams/Crews are allowed up to a maximum of 15 members at any given time. Up to 5 can be active in any given Team/Crew Battle at any given time with the other members that are not chosen being on reserve just in case one fails to show up for a Team/Crew battle. I advise the leader(s) of the team/crew to keep up to date how many members you have along with routinely swap active members after every successful battle so that everyone can get a fair chance to shine . Once the limit has been reached, no more members can be allowed to join your team/crew until a spot opens up of course. Sign ups for a team/crew are first come first serve.

• C. Adding on to B; you are allowed to be active in one team/crew at any given time.

• D. When making a new team/crew, keep these three guidelines in mind.

• D2: Name your team/crew something sensible. Nothing stupid like "I Did Your Mum" or downright inappropriate like "Heil Hitler: Modern Day Nazis" and make sure its a name easy to remember and is short and to the point. No "XXX_HaRdCoRE SuhMaSHerZ_GiT ReKt N00b_XXX" Try "Seasoned Smashers" instead :)When you are done creating your crew, make a post in this thread letting the rest of us know and so this thread can be updated.

• D3: As far as advertising your team/crew goes, putting something like "Interested in joining an OTL crew? PM me for more info about the Iron Wolves" in your signature is fine. Blatantly advertising your team/crew is NOT fine! Example: "HEY GUYZ YOU SHOULD TOTALLY LIKE JOIN MY OTL TEAM"

• D4: As team/crew leader, it is your responsibility to keep up to date on all that happens in your team/crew such as wins/losses and how much BP your group has as well as update the roster as people come and go. You can appoint up to 4 other members in your team/crew to help you run things. i.e you could perhaps make someone in charge of video footage of any battles you participate in for example or assign a treasurer to handle all things GBP related.

• E. You are allowed to make an emblem for your team as visual representation for your team/crew is useful for those in touch with the visual side of their brains and is much easier for some than remembering a mere name. Again, nothing offensive/inappropriate should be in your team/crew emblem. No huge *** emblems either. They should be a size appropriate for the forums. If you need an idea of the length for images allowed, I would suggest getting in contact with one of the admins who run SmashBoards like WarChamp7 or simply read the rules and guidelines for SmashBoards. If you or any of your friends lack artistic skills, feel free to PM me with a lengthy enough description of what exactly you want in your emblem and I will try to match to those specifications as best I can.

• F. Now its time to get to the meat and bones of Team/Crews. BATTLES!!!! What good is joining/making a team/crew if you can't battle with other teams/crews? Once there are at least a few teams/crews that have been formed and are ready to battle, Team/Crew Battles will commence! Starting one is simple, there will be a thread dedicated to OTL Teams/Crews complete with a list of which members are a part of which team/crew. This very thread will in addition to listing various teams will also double as a rankings thread. so you can know which teams/crews are good and which would be on your team/crew's skill level. PM the leader of the opposing team and challenge them to a team/crew battle. If both he/she and the leader of your team (unless you are said leader) agree, a team/crew battle shall begin!

• G. Continuing from F, name the terms and conditions of your battle. i.e best 3 out of 5 overall with each battle consisting of one member from your team and one member from the opposing team battling to the best 3 out of 5. As team/crew leader, you and the leader of the opposing team should try to match up your team/crew mates in a way that's as fair as can be. i.e don't send your strongest member against the opposing teams weakest member and vice versa. More rules (that are reasonable) should be decided upon before the team/crew battle starts (set up a reasonable time for both parties and be sure to PM everybody in your team/crew of this development well in advance.)

• H. Regarding Battle Points, you will be given 500 Group Battle Points (GBP) to help get you started upon formation of a new team/crew. Each person who joins your team/crew should be given 20 Individual Battle Points for joining. These points (IBP) are NOT a part of your team/crew's battle points. Individual Battle Points can be earned by placing high enough in a regular old online tournaments or winning a team/crew battle. Group Battle Points can be earned by winning team/crew battles and can be used like an ATM machine to either withdraw or deposit all accrued GBP. New teams/crew get 500 GBP to get started and on a bi-monthly basis from there on, 300 more GBP shall be added. IBP and GBP need to kept separate for obvious reasons. Rank Points (RP) are won and lost respectively. For F-Ranked teams/crews for example, 60 RP shall be won and 120 RP shall be taken away for matches lost.

• I. Upon winning a team/crew battle, IBP, GBP and RP will be rewarded. Individual Battle Points will be rewarded to those who participated in the team/crew battle. (no more than 5 members from each team/crew can be in a team/crew battle at any given time. If one member fails to show up, PM up to 5 extra members in your team/crew ahead of time and tell them to be there for the team/crew battle should someone who was originally picked for the battle ends up being a no-show so that the member on reserve can take his place.) Decide ahead of time what you and the leader of the opposing team feel will be fair. (no more than 50 IBP to all participating players of the winning team can be rewarded at any given time)

• J. Group Battle Points should be decided on prior to the start of a team/crew battle. No more than 100 GBP should be rewarded at any given time and no less than 50 should be rewarded as well. Exceptions being event weekends and on the rare occasion where you can challenge someone a rank above you.

• K. A tournament thread can be made here in OTL regarding team/crew battles. Things like streaming and a place for all participating and reserve members from each team to chat in should be decided well ahead of time. It is up to the team/crew leader(s) to post the results later on in tournament results.

• L. A possible rankings system would go in descending order from S-Class (special class) all the way down to F-Class. Ascending to a higher ranking would mean either....

• L2: Your Team/Crew achieving enough points to move on to the next rank (though it should be noted you lose points for every team/crew battle that you lose. Particularly 120 points shall be lost for F-Rank battles. On the flip side of the coin, 60 points for F-Rank Battles shall be awarded for every team/crew battle that is won. In the event of well....an event week or weekend, this number shall be tripled, quadrupled, or even quintupled for example)

• L3: OR in very special cases, challenging a team/crew that is a rank above yours. These cases would happen only once in a good long while (i.e during one designated and announced well in advance weekend once every few months). Doing so would let your team/crew level up much faster than usual with more Group Battle Points/Rank Points being at stake than usual. Teams/Crews with a rank of at least B can challenge Teams with either A-Rank or Special Rank to their names at any time.

• M: A rank system for Team/Crew Battles would look something like this.

• Special Rank: "Only the best of the best OTL teams and crews can achieve this rank. A bountiful 10,000 Group Battle Points shall be rewarded upon a team/crew reaching this prestigious rank along with a special emblem to commemorate this once in a lifetime occasion!" Winning a Team/Crew Battle with this rank shall award you 2500 RP and 1000 RP shall be taken away should you lose a team/crew battle. The requirements for S-Rank are as follows;

• 150,000+ Rank Points
    • Your team/crew having a great track record here in OTL: i.e a lot of wins, a lot of great players, being on time for team/crew battles to the best of you and your team/crew mates ability.
    • A "Letter of Recommendation" (A PM from several OTL veterans who all recommend your team/crew for S-Class)

• A-Rank: "This rank recognizes the best, but not the best teams/crews here on OTL. Upon reaching this high level rank, 5,000 Group Battle Points shall be rewarded along with a star with an A on it being added to your team/crew's emblem. " Winning a Team/Crew Battle with this rank shall net you 1,000 RP and 1,500 RP shall be taken away for every team/crew battle lost. Requirements for A-Rank are as follows;

• 110,000-149,999 Rank Points
    • Your team/crew having a good track record here in OTL: i.e A good amount of wins compared to losses in team/crew battles, being punctual to most team/crew battles

• B-Rank: "This rank recognizes the very outstanding teams/crews who have what it takes to play with the big leagues. Upon reaching this rank, your team/crew will be awarded with 2,500 Group Battle Points and the ability to challenge teams/crews that are either A-Rank or Special-Rank! You will also get a star with a B on it recognizing your group's hard work!" Team/Crew Battles won shall net you 750 RP and 1,200 RP shall be taken away for battles lost. Requirements for B-Rank are as follows;

• 75,000-109,999 Rank Points
    • A solid track record for your team/crew! i.e more wins than losses, being punctual to at least half of all team/crew battles.

• C-Rank: "This rank recognizes the talented teams/crews who show promising potential, but aren't quite ready to play with the big leagues just yet. Upon reaching this rank, 1,000 Group Battle Points shall be awarded." Team/Crew Battles won shall net you 400 RP and 800 RP shall be taken away for battles lost. Requirements for C-Rank are as follows;

• 40,000-74,999 Rank Points

• D-Rank: "This rank recognizes the slightly above average teams and crews that may one day have what it takes to challenge the big leagues, but need a lot more practice and experience first! Upon reaching this rank, 500 Group Battle Points are rewarded." 250 RP shall be rewarded for Team/Crew Battles won and 450 RP shall be taken away for battles lost. Requirements for D-Rank are as follows;

• 10,000-39,999 Rank Points

• E-Rank: "This rank recognizes solid teams/crews who know their way around a controller/handheld. Upon reaching this rank, 250 Group Battle Points are rewarded." 175 RP shall be rewarded for Team/Crew Battles won and 350 RP shall be taken away for battles lost. Requirements for E-Rank are as follows;

• 1,000-9,999 Rank Points

• F-Rank: "This rank recognizes new teams/crews that are just starting out and have yet to win anything to their team/crew's name." This rank is automatically given to all new teams/crews. 500 GBP will be given to the leader(s)/treasurer of new teams as a "welcome" gift to help get you started. 60 RP will be awarded for any and all Team/Crew Battles won and 120 shall be taken away for battles lost.

• 0-999 Rank Points
F.A.Q.

Q: What's up with the RP won and lost depending on Team/Crew rank?

A: Risk VS Reward. The higher your team's rank, the more you have at risk when challenging other teams.

Q: How will Group Battle Points and Individual Battle Points be handled?

A: I propose a thread called Battle Points Emporium be made to keep track of individuals and teams with battle points. The OTL Teams/Crews thread shall keep track of Group Battle Points in particular.

Q: Could you describe the process of withdrawing and depositing Group Battle Points?

A: Sure! Group Battle Points are won when a team/crew wins a Team/Crew Battle and automatically deposited in a team/crew's GBP Account. The Team/Crew leader or someone entrusted with treasurer responsibilities is responsible for giving themselves the proper amount of GBP. Likewise, said person is responsible for deducting the appropriate amount of GBP for battles lost. GBP can be withdrawn in exchange for Individual Battle points as long as half of the GBP withdrawn are replaced with the corresponding half of the member's IBP. Say you want 300 GBP and you currently have 750 IBP, you would deduct 150 IBP (600 IBP would be left) as you add 300 GBP to your total of IBP (900 for those keeping track)

Q: Cool, but shouldn't the member of the team/crew who wants some GBP ask the leader/treasurer first?

A: Of course! Those who take without permission or at least notifying beforehand shall be punished by the leader/treasurer with a "3 strikes and you are out" type system. Those with one or two strikes to their name shall have them expired after a 6 month period of time!

1st time: Member is forbidden from participating in the next three Team/Crew Battles

2nd time: Member is temporarily banned from the team/crew (on suspension) for a month!

3rd time: Member is permabanned from the team/crew! No ifs, ands, or buts!

Q: While we are on the topic, what are some other offenses that can land you in hot water with your team/crew?

A: Glad you asked that one! :)

• Breaking rules/guidelines established by SmashBoards

• Being an *** of a leader/treasurer corrupt on his/her own power

• Demanding that you go to war with another Team/Crew when both your leader and the opposing factions team have said NO
Q: What type of rewards will Battle Points be used for?

A: Things like gift cards for now. I'll talk more about this over in the Battle Points Emporium thread that shall be made along with a thread for Teams/Crew Battles following the time this post is posted.

Q: What's this about "Event Weeks" and "Event Weekends"? Also describe in more detail the very rare occasions where those marked C-Class and below can challenge those a rank above?

A: Every now and then (to keep players interested) special weeks or weekends will be set aside where you can double, triple, or even quadruple the amount of points won AND lost depending on your team/crew's rank. I shall dub these "Risk VS Reward" events! Addressing your other question, on VERY RARE occasions, teams/crews with C-Rank or below can challenge a team/crew ONE RANK above them as long as the event in question is in effect and earn Quintuple the normal amount of RP. i.e 100 becomes 500 and 200 becomes 1000 should you lose. Go big or go home! ;)

Q: So what about B-Rank Teams/Crews being able to challenge Teams/Crews ranked A or Special? How does that work?

A: As stated above, teams/crews with a rank of at least B can challenge teams/crews ranked A or Special whenever they want. Challenging a team/crew ranked A nets your team double the amount of IBP, GBP, and RP should you win and double the RP taken away if you lose. Challenging a team/crew ranked Special when you are B-Ranked nets your team/crew triple the amount of IBP, GBP, and RP if you win and triple the RP taken away if you lose. If your team/crew is A-Ranked and you challenge Special Ranked teams/crews, the reward will be double the amount of IBP, GBP, and RP and double the RP taken away if you lose.

Q: What if I have some IRL friends whom I Smash with and I want to make a team/crew?

A: Very good question. You ARE allowed to make a team/crew consisting of peeps who don't have a smashboards account. Your offline friends will still receive IBP for every battle won just like everyone else. Just make sure you keep track of it all along with other team/crew management responsibilities.

Q: So....about that 8-player smash mode in the Wii U version of Smash 4

A: As far as I know, 8-player smash is an offline mode in the Wii U version of smash 4. If your team and your rival's team mostly consists of players who don't have a smash boards account and you can all meet up IRL, I would suggest you at least give this mode a try the next time you host a team/crew battle and see if its a mode you like. Other than that, I would just suggest hosting a tournament in the Wii U version's online mode the next time you participate in a team/crew battle.

If you have anymore questions or suggestions you would like to make, reply to this thread or personally PM me. Your choice!

The rest of this post along with the next few posts (if needed) will be reserved for Team/Crew information. Information will be updated as constantly as possible. Team/Crew leaders along with members are in charge of keeping this thread up to date.

Example of what information for a Team/Crew would look like:

[Name]

[Rank]

space reserved for Team/Crew Emblem

Team/Crew Description: (keep it brief)

Status: (amount of players currently a part of this team/crew, leader(s) of team/crew, amount of current GBP)

DrLobster is proud to be the leader/treasurer/co-founder/co-owner of the absolutely magnificant crew known as:
:yeahboi::disco::disco::yeahboi: The Entire Nation of Bosnia! :yeahboi::disco::disco::yeahboi:

Originating as the name of the doubles team between myself and Kurt Copain (because hearing TOs call out "Alright, Round X is Team Y versus The Entire Nation of Bosnia" is absolutely the funniest thing ever), I have now made the bold decision to make an auxiliary function to Bosnia: to act as a crew for the Official OTL Crew Battles! Be warned, boys and girls; Bosnia is on the prowl. We take no prisoners. We have no johns. We ARE Bosnia.

The Entire Nation of Bosnia is currently ranked at:
Freaking Fabulous F-Rank!!!!
The Entire Nation of Bosnia currently consists of:

• Diego's Dad (:4shulk:, :4lucina:, & :4greninja:)

• @ DrLobster DrLobster (leader/treasurer/co-founder/co-owner) (:4diddy:)

• Seymour (:4greninja:)
Win/Loss Ratio: 0 Wins 1 Losses
Balance:
Rank Points: 0
Group Battle Points: 500
Individual Battle Points: As of 10/23/14, each and every member of The Entire Nation of Bosnia has 20 IBP.

Note: As of 10/23/14, The Entire Nation of Bosnia is not recruiting anyone who is outside of the co-founder/owners' friend group. If Bosnia wants you, Bosnia will come to you.

The Monado Masters (M2)
Planning on creating a beastly crew called Monado Masters!
Looking to recruit all who meet the requirements (see Twitch Page): http://www.twitch.tv/distantkingdom

Current Members:

• Jerm :4shulk:

• Gage :4lucina:

• Ponco :4villager:

• Thouvexed :4sonic:

• PurplePhoenix14 :4luigi:

• Hafels :4sheik:

• Groudon_sama :4sonic:

• Ultimastrike :4robinm::4robinf:
Looking forward to incorporating Battle Points. I also want to potentially create a site sometime in the future which would consist of a member ranking system and prizes for participating in events and building up Battle Points

Win/Loss Ratio: 1 Wins 0 Losses

Balance:
Rank Points: 60
GBP: 550
IBP: 20 per member

PrimerTMT presents TMT (The Money Team)

Our Slogan "Only Billionaire and Unbeatable Smashers"

Our Current solid members include:
@
Primer TMT (Business owner) :4ganondorf:
@
Artryuu(assistant manager):4shulk:
@
AdaptiveTrigger:4gaw:
@Taokaka:4megaman:
@
Jesus Flores:4larry:
@Negoksai:4diddy:
@
PharaoH56:4greninja:

PrimerTMT.- We are currently recruiting so PM me if you are interested and I will test you.
We will soon get BP as we challenge other crews and raise to be to the top.

We have established to be a role model to demonstrate how smashers should deal with business, increasing, and always ending up winning more than our rivals. -TMT crew-

Win/Loss Ratio: 0 Wins 0 Losses

Balance:
GBP: 500

We are a new Smash bros 3ds clan and currently RECRUITING
If you would like to join, add this skype: eruption221

Leaders:
Erupt :4tlink:, :4villager:

Members:
Adam :4tlink:, :4falcon:, :4pikachu:
Angelo :4megaman:, :4shulk:, :4palutena:, :4charizard:, :4greninja:, :4robinm:
Brennan :4yoshi:, :4pacman:, :4gaw:
Darren :4fox:, :4jigglypuff:
Dunkey :4sonic:, :4darkpit:, :4littlemac:, :4fox:
Feraligatr :4bowser:
Galaxy :4drmario:, :4myfriends:, :4marth:
Gidy :4mario:, :4link:
Jake :4jigglypuff:, :4rob:, :4diddy:
Jet :4kirby:
Lunar :4littlemac:, :4bowserjr:, :4myfriends:
Nate :4diddy:, :4gaw:
Rene :4jigglypuff:, :4villager:, :4olimar:

Win/Loss Ratio: 0 wins, 0 losses
Balance:
GBP: 500
If you would like to schedule a war with us, add my skype eruption221 or pm me here.

Notes:
We require Skype to join, because its instant messaging, and we know better if your here or not for warring or tourneys and such. we don't skype call, so don't worry about that.

Last edited:

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
Whaz up man!? I would love to start up a little crew (Y). I may ask some people on my stream tonight if they would like to form one.

ToadsterOven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ToadsterOven
3DS FC
3711-6996-2029
Reserved just in case along with the previous two

DrLobster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrLobster
3DS FC
4699-5880-7408
DrLobster is proud to be the leader/treasurer/co-founder/co-owner of the absolutely magnificant crew known as:
:yeahboi::disco::disco::yeahboi: The Entire Nation of Bosnia! :yeahboi::disco::disco::yeahboi:

Originating as the name of the doubles team between myself and Kurt Copain (because hearing TOs call out "Alright, Round X is Team Y versus The Entire Nation of Bosnia" is absolutely the funniest thing ever), I have now made the bold decision to make an auxiliary function to Bosnia: to act as a crew for the Official OTL Crew Battles! Be warned, boys and girls; Bosnia is on the prowl. We take no prisoners. We have no johns. We ARE Bosnia.

The Entire Nation of Bosnia is currently ranked at:
Freaking Fabulous F-Rank!!!!
The Entire Nation of Bosnia currently consists of:
Balance:
Record: 0-2
Group Battle Points: 500
Individual Battle Points: As of 1/19/15, each and every member of The Entire Nation of Bosnia has 20 IBP.

Note: As of 1/19/15, The Entire Nation of Bosnia is not recruiting anyone who is outside of the co-founder/owners' friend group. If Bosnia wants you, Bosnia will come to you.

Last edited:

ToadsterOven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ToadsterOven
3DS FC
3711-6996-2029
Well well well....looks like 8 player battles will be a thing in the Wii U version of Smash 4. For those looking to play primarily on the Wii U version, I would suggest this mode or at least give it a try and see how well it fares for team/crew battles.

In other news, online tournaments will be a thing on the Wii U version. Whether you can customize a tournament on there to include things like custom moves, 6 minute 2 stock battles has yet to be seen though I would imagine you can since just like the 3ds version, you can play with people on your friends list along with whatever rules you want to use.

DrLobster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrLobster
3DS FC
4699-5880-7408
For those looking to play primarily on the Wii U version, I would suggest this mode or at least give it a try and see how well it fares for team/crew battles.
I was expecting to do something along the lines of current crew battle rules for other Smash games to apply for 3DS crews. But hey, 8 man things would be pretty cool :)

ToadsterOven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ToadsterOven
3DS FC
3711-6996-2029
I was expecting to do something along the lines of current crew battle rules for other Smash games to apply for 3DS crews. But hey, 8 man things would be pretty cool :)
I meant the 8 player smash on the Wii U version as a suggestion mostly since it doesn't seem to be too practical for most team/crew battles IMO since you could just as easily do team battles in regular mode, but however you conduct team/crew battles is purely up to you and your opponent. :p

Anyway, I've since added you and your crews info to the OP as well as update the FAQ a bit. Once the Wii U version launches, I expect the team/crew battles idea to really kick off since the Wii U version will be the definitive version of smash 4. That said, I'm going to be supporting both versions

DrLobster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrLobster
3DS FC
4699-5880-7408
Alright, that sounds pretty cool. Just hoping that someone else makes a crew so I'm not the only one lol

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945

The Monado Masters (M2)

Looking to recruit all who meet the requirements (see Twitch Page): http://www.twitch.tv/distantkingdom

Current Members (3DS):
Current Members (Wii U):

Looking forward to incorporating Battle Points. I also want to potentially create a site sometime in the future which would consist of a member ranking system and prizes for participating in events and building up Battle Points.

Last edited:

ToadsterOven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ToadsterOven
3DS FC
3711-6996-2029

The Monado Masters (M2)

Current Members:
Looking forward to incorporating Battle Points. I also want to potentially create a site sometime in the future which would consist of a member ranking system and prizes for participating in events and building up Battle Points.
Congrats on finally forming a crew @ Jerm Jerm :) If you ever do make such a site like the one you describe in your post, let me know so I can potentially add it to the OP.

@ DrLobster DrLobster Looks like the entire nation of bosnia finally has a challenger ;)

DrLobster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrLobster
3DS FC
4699-5880-7408
Making this just for reference to show the crew battle rules that me and Jerm have opted to use, and will probably be the rules I will recommend using for any other crew battle matches I'm in.

I'll basically be using the crew battle rules used for SSBB, but adapted to SSB3DS.

GENERAL RULES:

-5 players per team
-3 stock matches.
-No time limit.
-Matches will be a series of 1v1 matches, with both teams choosing their starter at random.
-Custom equipment is banned.
-Custom movesets are banned.
-Items should be set to "All Off" and "None".
-If a match is ended with a suicide move (such as Ganon's command grab), it will count as a win for the initiator of the move.

CREW-SPECIFIC RULES:

-You can only choose one character for the entire crew battle; once you start a match as one character, you are character locked for that specific character and cannot switch.
-The losing team of the first match will be able to send in whoever they want, as well as choose the next stage out of the pre-determined stagelist.
-Each team will have a total stock count at all times, with both teams starting with 15 stocks (5 players x 3 stock matches = 15 stocks total).
-When a person loses a stock, that stock is subtracted from the stock count of their team. For example, if Smasher X wins the first match against Smasher Y and has 1 stock left (i.e. they lost 2 stocks), then Smasher X's team has a stock count of 13 (15 - 2 = 13) and Smasher Y's team has a stock count of 12 (15 - 3 = 12).
-The first team to have their stock count hit 0/lose all of their available players loses.
-If a match is ended with a suicide move, the initiator of the move does not suffer a loss of their final stock.

STAGELIST:

Match 1 will always begin on Final Destination. The subsequent matches are played on maps chosen by the loser of the previous match. Said loser can pick from the following maps:

SSB3DS:

-Arena Ferox
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Prism Tower
-Tomodachi Life
-Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

SSBWU:

-Battlefield
-Delfino Plaza
-Duck Hunt
-Final Destination
-Lylat Cruise
-Town and City
-Smashville

REWARDS:

The winning crew will receive 50 GBP, and players that participated on the winning team will earn 20 IBP.

If the crews are using one person as a host, then both players should wait until the host has SDed three times, preferrably through Jigglypuff suicide.

Last edited:

ToadsterOven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ToadsterOven
3DS FC
3711-6996-2029
Making this just for reference to show the crew battle rules that me and Jerm have opted to use, and will probably be the rules I will recommend using for any other crew battle matches I'm in.

I'll basically be using the crew battle rules used for SSBB, but adapted to SSB3DS.

GENERAL RULES:

-5 players per team
-3 stock matches.
-No time limit.
-Matches will be a series of 1v1 matches, with both teams choosing their starter at random.
-The losing team of the first match will be able to send in whoever they want, as well as choose the next stage out of the pre-determined stagelist.
-Each team will have a total stock count at all times, with both teams starting with 15 stocks (5 players x 3 stock matches = 15 stocks total).
-When a person loses a stock, that stock is subtracted from the stock count of their team. For example, if Smasher X wins the first match against Smasher Y and has 1 stock left (i.e. they lost 2 stocks), then Smasher X's team has a stock count of 13 (15 - 2 = 13) and Smasher Y's team has a stock count of 12 (15 - 3 = 12).
-The first team to have their stock count hit 0/lose all of their available players loses.

STAGELIST:

Match 1 will always begin on Final Destination. The subsequent matches are played on maps chosen by the loser of the previous match. Said loser can pick from the following maps*:

-Arena Ferox
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Prism Tower
-Reset Bomb Forest
-Tomodachi Life
-Yoshi's Island

REWARDS:

The winning crew will receive 50 GBP, and players that participated on the winning team will earn 20 IBP.

If the crews are using one person as a host, then both players should wait until the host has SDed three times, preferrably through Jigglypuff suicide.
Alright cool. If possible, I would suggest you or Jerm find a way to upload the results of your upcoming team/crew battle to Youtube. Video footage is always a nice thing to have. I would recommend recording as many replays as possible and then do like a "best of" montage for the video or something like that. :)

DrLobster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrLobster
3DS FC
4699-5880-7408
Alright cool. If possible, I would suggest you or Jerm find a way to upload the results of your upcoming team/crew battle to Youtube. Video footage is always a nice thing to have. I would recommend recording as many replays as possible and then do like a "best of" montage for the video or something like that. :)
Yeah, man. Jerm is gonna be hosting it on his stream, so it'll be archived on Twitch, and from there it could probably be added to YouTube or something.

Hafels

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3840-6540-0054

The Monado Masters (M2)

Looking to recruit all who meet the requirements (see Twitch Page)

Current Members:
This is me "Dailytrolled" I main sheik

ToadsterOven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ToadsterOven
3DS FC
3711-6996-2029
Sorry man I just added people real quick before I went to work this morning. Fixed it and you're added!
And I too have now added your new teammates to the OP. When do you and Dr.Lobster plan on duking it out if I may ask (assuming you two haven't done so already)

DrLobster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrLobster
3DS FC
4699-5880-7408
When do you and Dr.Lobster plan on duking it out if I may ask (assuming you two haven't done so already)
We haven't done it yet. I sent Jerm a possible date that would work for my crew and I'm waiting to hear back from him, but we're in the works of scheduling stuff :)

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945

The Monado Masters (M2)

Current Members:
Hey you guys we will be hosting a Crew only Tournament to decide top 10. The tournament will take place on the 9th but the time is TBD. Let me know what time would be good for you guys.

Here is the link: http://challonge.com/MonadoMastersCrewTournament

Last edited:

Hafels

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3840-6540-0054
Hey you guys we will be hosting a Crew only Tournament to decide top 10. The tournament will take place on the 9th but the time is TBD. Let me know what time would be good for you guys.

Here is the link:

Reminder-I'm A Fox

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945

• "Teams/Crews are allowed up to a maximum of 15 members at any given time."
Yea I want 15-20 for battling, but its such a small number. Other than that I want to have up to 100 crew members and host potentially weekly clan only tournaments, put up a site and so on and so forth.

ItzaMario

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4940-6213-0421

Here is the link:

Don't forget about me bro :3

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
@ Jerm Jerm My challonge username is Abyssal_Lagiacrus, and any time will work for me since I have my Sunday 100% free. Thanks for the head's up.

jonftl

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5370-0725-8432
@ Jerm Jerm challonge name is jonftl5370_0725_8432 Also Sunday sounds good to me.

Last edited:

Ponco

Smash Rookie
NNID
Poncoe
3DS FC
0688-5656-0239
Challonge name is Ponco425

bekindrewind

Smash Apprentice
challonge name is bekindsorewind

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
Alrighty I have added those of you above who dropped that Challonge name.

Groudon_sama

Smash Rookie
NNID
BigMo98
3DS FC
2552-1642-2026
groudon_sama is my challonge name

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom