• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Other Known Issues/Bugs in 3.0

KFrosty

Smash Apprentice
EDIT: Most of these issues have been addressed in 3.01, so this topic is closed now

Hello, I created this topic to help add to the confusion of which bugs have already been found and discussed since last week's update. (this topic will be closed once the known thread is updated).

I am still new to the smash boards, so I apologize for any errors I make with this as well as if this was unnecessary (as the original topic might get updated by the time I post this). Also, some of these are not necessarily glitches, but are listed because they come up often enough for me to consider them notable.

If this is still necessary, feel free to add to this.

Ok so here we go

KFrosty said:
*Pokemon have no Final Smash
*Two of the Bosses use Roy and Mewtwo's sound effects instead of their own.
*Challenger Approaching sometimes occurs with playable characters because they were not previously unlocked in normal version of Brawl.
*Defaulting stage select mode to random select causes game freeze
*Roy's Final Smash is glitchy, and sometimes causes some characters to disappear when koed (by anything other than this move during it's duration) for longer than usual.
*Roy and Mewtwo speak while metal, but others don't.
*Outset Toon Link will crash the game if he grabs a metal box item.
*Nana dies at the start of Norfair Stage
*Newer Wii Motion+ Controllers may not work without re-synchronizing in home button menu
*Some characters "freak out" unusually in water (especially on Pirate Ship Stage).
*Tournament Mode will freeze upon attempting to choose a character.
*Sometimes when selecting Alt costumes in team battle causes defaults to be used instead
*A Charizard on Red Team vs a Squirtle on Blue team will cause one of them to be lighter shade
*Multiple glitches with Olimar's Pikmin occur
*Multiple Kirby hats do not work as they should
*The A.I. has suicidal tendencies
Again, feel free to add to this list if any commonly known bugs were left off for some reason (like the fact I forgot to add them)

Last edited:

KFrosty

Smash Apprentice
Again, I am aware that some of these are not glitches, but they have been brought up enough times that I felt I had to mention them here.

KFrosty

Smash Apprentice
Well, to keep this from fading into obscurity, I decided to bump this with some helpful info.

For the Random stage select glitch, just leave the stage select settings alone and click on random from the level select menu to utilize the feature.

For character dissapearance glitches with Roy's FS, just pause the game for 30 seconds and the character should return on their own.

For the Wiimote glitch, try to stick to using older wiimotes or GC controllers when loading this game, and if such is impossible, you may be able to manual synch via the button on the inside of the wiimote's battery compartment

With the Suicidal AI, try to stick to screenwide stages, or stages that were not edited by the PMBR team to utilize the A.I.'s maximum potential (sometimes a bit suicidal, but otherwise good).

Be aware that these tips might not be a perfect fit for everyone, and some of them don't always work, but if you feel as you guys have tips of your own for combating these glitches, then feel free to post.

Happy Holidays.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
If mewtwo is air released from grab, certain characters can combo him.

Namely, falcon.

Don't get grabbed mewtwo mains

Top Bottom