• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon PR! updated 10/17/2014

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
Yeah I can do some color and some characters soon
Obviously didn't research other peoples PR's enough before posting. Seriously disappointed. :embarrass:

Also, I was talking to Jesse about it at his house... He is on the ****ing panel and he doesn't even know. Are things considered just within the confines of Oregon? Or does what people do when they leave state apply. I assumed all things a player does applies, but wasn't sure if we were really just limiting this to what goes on here.

I feel like if it is the later, that traveling should be considered, and help those that perform well when they do, but not negatively effect those that don't. If this is even possible for people to take into account.

JonnyW

Smash Ace
Also, I was talking to Jesse about it at his house... He is on the ****ing panel and he doesn't even know. Are things considered just within the confines of Oregon? Or does what people do when they leave state apply. I assumed all things a player does applies, but wasn't sure if we were really just limiting this to what goes on here.

I feel like if it is the later, that traveling should be considered, and help those that perform well when they do, but not negatively effect those that don't. If this is even possible for people to take into account.
Agreed. When our PR goes to GC it should be taken into account.

Binx

Smash Master
Yeah of course it counts, this isn't based on any one specific thing like tourney placing, its just your overall skill which is generally apparent by seeing your rankings, seeing you play, and playing against you,

*note, 'you' is anyone who is reading this.

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
* Gage :jigglypuff::fox: | 1.2
* Jesse :fox::falcon:| 1.8
* Binx :popo:| 3.2
* Minh :falco::marth:| 3.6
* Ratking :fox:| 5.2
* Jonny :falcon: | 6.4
* Keeper :sheik: | 6.6
* Foos :sheik: | 8.2
* Bird :falco: | 8.6
* AlienAllen :falcon: | 10

Looks way more cute. And I thought Bird played Falco.

JonnyW

Smash Ace
Bird does play falco, not peach. Ratkings format looks way nice. And Juce def plays Fox more than falcon in tournament.

Binx

Smash Master
Thanks Ratking, updated using the images you listed, yeah I didn't know I could do that.

Also I got confused with Bird being Brady somehow lol

keeper

Smash Champion
I'd still like to know how this list was determined. It'd be cool if the list was made out of computations form every player submitting a list.
It'd also be cool if Timmy's list was also included in the OP as he did put a lot of work into it and seems to have ambitions to update it consistently.
* Gage :jigglypuffmelee::foxmelee::falcomelee: | 1.2
* Jesse :foxmelee::falcomelee::falconmelee:| 1.8
* Binx :icsmelee::sheikmelee::foxmelee:| 3.2
* Minh :falcomelee::marthmelee:| 3.6
* Ratking :foxmelee:| 5.2
* Jonny :falconmelee::foxmelee: | 6.4
* Keeper :sheikmelee::samusmelee: | 6.6
* Foos :sheikmelee::master: | 8.2
* Bird :falcomelee: | 8.6
* AlienAllen :falconmelee::falconmelee::falconmelee: | 10
I wanted to see how it looked with melee icons.
Edit: Sheik's melee icon is gross. I wish SWF had the different colored icons.
Edit: I added more character info.

* Gage :jigglypuffbrawl::foxbrawl::falcobrawl: | 1.2
* Jesse :foxbrawl::falcobrawl::falconbrawl:| 1.8
* Binx :icsbrawl::sheikbrawl::foxbrawl:| 3.2
* Minh :falcobrawl::marthbrawl:| 3.6
* Ratking :foxbrawl:| 5.2
* Jonny :falconbrawl::foxbrawl: | 6.4
* Keeper :sheikbrawl::samusbrawl: | 6.6
* Foos :sheikbrawl::master: | 8.2
* Bird :falcobrawl: | 8.6
* AlienAllen :falconbrawl::falconbrawl::falconbrawl: | 10
Pick and choose I guess (or don't change it at all). The way the ones currently used bothers me with how they mess up the formatting, but that could just be my aesthetic quirks; I like minimalism.

ThePrime

Smash Lord
It would look cooler if you actually made a .jpg or .png from some software so you aren't limited by the forum functionality. Then just upload the picture.

That's how BC does it and looks classy :p

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Nice to see an official, serious PR thread finally made. :D

Also, I was talking to Jesse about it at his house... He is on the ****ing panel and he doesn't even know.
Putting false claims and facts on a PR does nothing to help support it and only hurts it's veracity. I've seen problems like this with PRs in the past. I think that if Jesse did not submit a formal contribution to the PR that his name should be removed as a panelist - or, if he is intended as a panelist and hasn't voted on this particular PR, at least put a note in saying such.

Binx

Smash Master
He submitted a full list, everyone on the panel did, its an average of 5. The only oddity was that gage voted for 2 people to be in first place, but it didn't change the overall rankings at all so I went ahead and did it, otherwise gage or jesse's number would be slightly worse but placing would have remained.

No one was able to get hold of Jesse to have him accept the group invitation right away, but we waited for his full list.

Also I eventually was going to try and do it in paint as well, but I haven't had more than a few minutes of free time here and there for the last few weeks, I really need to get a ton of work done over dead week, probably wont have any real time to even study T.T

Jaycemoney

Smash Rookie
Oregon PR was, and will once again be the downfall of the community. Make it top 15 and everyone can fit on the list, and nobody can be happy. For what it's worth a lvl 9 cpu fits in at about #12-13.

debaser

Smash Lord
Oregon PR was, and will once again be the downfall of the community. Make it top 15 and everyone can fit on the list, and nobody can be happy. For what it's worth a lvl 9 cpu fits in at about #12-13.
I disagree, because tommy's not around to make a stink for no apparent reason, and bart isn't around to get pissed off at him. the danger of this going down in flames is very low because everyone on the pr approves of how it's done this time, and we all generally like each other and would rather work out issues constructively.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
I disagree, because tommy's not around to make a stink for no apparent reason, and bart isn't around to get pissed off at him. the danger of this going down in flames is very low because everyone on the pr approves of how it's done this time, and we all generally like each other and would rather work out issues constructively.
hahahaha good ol oregon

JonnyW

Smash Ace
Who're you and why do you think this?

debaser

Smash Lord
Who's Jaycemoney? And did PR even have anything to do with the downfall of the community? I wasn't aware.
More or less. If anything it made everyone more willing to abandon melee for a fresh start with brawl.

edit: ninja. pointless.

debaser

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=124600

here's the old pr if any of you care to dig through the ****-fest. It begins precisely when tommy makes his first post in the thread on page 3 lol. also hilarious is minh's premonition of controversy.

actually, skimming through it, tommy single-handedly brought the whole thing down on his own. Bart intelligently provided logical counter-points to everything tommy spewed out for as long as he could. Tommy continually behaved like a childish dictator basically saying the PR thread was spam because it wasn't under his over-arching organization monopoly he had going. Bart eventually was driven mad, gave up, and resorted to making flaming and destructive comments. After all that bart gave up serious involvement in the smash community, thus allowing tommy to resume his domination over the direction of the community. So then what happened was that tommy decided all of oregon was going to switch to brawl and have brawl only tournaments and have their online pow-wow's exclusively on allisbrawl, forsaking smashboards, effectively alienating the scattered individuals who didn't like brawl as much as melee. People just kind of went along with it because no one else was nearly as assertive online as tommy was.

I ****ing love that melee made a comeback on its own and is now more thriving than brawl after all that. Very vindicating. Proof to me that melee is superior :D

cmin

Smash Ace
HAHA! jayce monayyyyyyyy. super drunk post

edit: wow debaser, your post is like a smash history lesson. Feels like i'm reading historical epic moments

Binx

Smash Master
LOLs I remember that happening, although I never really read much of the forums haha. But yeah, pretty sure Jaycemoney is Jayce, he plays with Minh and I a ton and has been around for like 6000 years like all the old schoolers.

Top Bottom