• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon-Area

Vinnie275

Smash Master
Xdadepsak's Closet, along with Ender, Mkiller, and
I know two people live up here at least. I'm looking to host tourneys but it takes so long to travel from cali and oregon.

I live in Salem but me and Aaron (whom will probably co-host) can commute pretty far to pick up participants.

I won't make any specifics about tourneys until I know that there are locals that are interested. I was considering a low entrance fee followed by themed exhibitions, standard stuff.

You guys can all meet my cat. Its very very stoned half the time though.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Yeah, i live up in sherwood, and would be interested in attending any tournies people are throwing here. I'd be able to bring one person who is always at my house. As long as you don't do drugs or have mad alcohol parties, it should be fine for us to go.

Deus

Smash Journeyman
Stoned cat?! Count me in!!

I would definetly go to one of these if you had, especially if you pick me up :p

Vinnie275

Smash Master
Eheh yes my cat leads an alternate lifestyle. However there won't be any drugs or alcohol at my the tourneys. I stopped doing that stuff a year ago when I graduated.

Well except on St. Patrick's Day, can't help myself then.

I suppose I should start gathering info, poast your address if you're interested in a tourney. Sherwood isn't too far to drive, we'd probably past Portland, pretty far south too.

For future reference my address is:

1072 Elm St. NW Apartment K
Salem, Oregon 97304

If I do host a tourney participants will be subject to mandatory listening to my rap and karaoke.

Anyway I think we'll have enough people to host one here. I'll start compiling a list of people and then try to set a date once we have that.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
yeah, we should be able to get a ride no problem, and probably bring andrew, so don't worry about that.

so for sherwood, there's two of us
Jesse and James (me)

address would be 15952 SW Bowmen Ln. call my cell (971) 998-6291 if you want more information. It would be possible for us to bring two tvs and two gamecubes w/smash.

mangoman72

Smash Cadet
Oregon, moalla area (but I can reach Portland)
I'm a bit new to this so forgive me if this sounds ********. Are we having two tournaments or one? I was confused because you have two adresses up there. :confused: Um, I live in 1306 Mt View Lane Molalla, OR. Not too sure if that's close enough or not to the adress. I'm happy there's not drugs or drinking, but if the rap has any swear words, my parents will wag their fingers. (so over-protective, but it's because they care) Yeah, so, there you go I guess. Haven't been to too many tournaments, so I dunno how good I am. But still, it would be nice to befriend a fellow smasher.

Vinnie275

Smash Master
Yeah that's my hizzouse. Eheh I try not to swear when I rap but it's hard to freestyle without swearing a little.

I've been to Molalla a couple times, there's some good spots to swim out there. That's not to far to commute either. I'll start breaking some of the tournament outlines soon since it seems there is a good degree of interest in a tournament.

I suppose we could have a tournament for best in Oregon but that'd take some planning as yet.

Zoap

Smash Master
northern california

i will be up near lake shasta from the 2-5 and i was wonderin if any oregon ppls live near the border. max of 3 hrs perhaps is good, it would most likely just be me myself. i play down in norcal wit dbr and the others here. msg me on my aim vegita3256 if any of u will allow me to come into ur homes to play the games wit u.

Vinnie275

Smash Master
Is there anyone else?

Everyone who is coming say I. I also need to know who can get a ride to Salem and who I need to pick up.

I will probally be hosting the tourney in August so if you are available then give me some feed back on what day you're available in august.

Futhermore please post your smash level or what level you think you are lv 1 through 9 being as good as a computer or lv 10- 15 being as good as a mediocre or 15-20 being a smash expert.

How many lv 9's can you take at once, etc? Just curious so I can get to know everyone's lv.

EDIT: This was poasted by my friend Aaron and edited for grammar (ex: "u" "ur")

iwillownu

Banned via Administration
Zapdos is a ******

I hate u zapdos and i did ur mom last night so there. Anyways whats up west coast A.P.O represent and im out

iwillownu

West coast is the best

east coast sucks go west coast lick my balls east coast noobies

Aftermath

Smash Champion
hmm.... well those were some intelligent posts. Yeah, august sounds good, would you be holding toward the end or beginning of the month though, because i might be taking another trip to hang out with SadPanda and Teamscape sometime that month.

Best in Oregon would have to be 1) Ratking 2) Dawg (maybe switch those, haven't talked to them in a while) 3) Tudios (most likely) 4) someone else from cmo or me or jesse... anyway, only top 3 really matter.

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
Cap'n Crunch said:
Best in Oregon would have to be 1) Ratking 2) Dawg (maybe switch those, haven't talked to them in a while)
We flop around actually IMO. . . but thats what I think. We are pretty 50-50 I'd say I am #1/2 and tyler is #1/2, together we = #1 hazzzzzzz

iwillownu

yeah right

me and zapdos are best in oregon and those posts were just me messing with zapdos actuall me and him live together so i was just making fun of his post. Best in oregon would have to be 1)me 2)zapdos and3) ratking even though i haven't see u play the only way u could beat me is to be able to beat all star mode on very hard with one life. I can beat all star mode on hard with one life. Oh yeah and i can beat three humans whom probally could beat u by themselves they are all smash masters. If u whould like to challenge me i live in salem and would be glad to own u :0
:laugh: i will probally host with zapdos probally on august 15th thats when im buying a big screen

Aftermath

Smash Champion
well, there is about 6-8 that will be coming down from portland most likely, ratking, dawg, tron, the fuzz, neo-dragoon, deus, me, and juce. not sure how many of those will make it, but it's a good start.

How many people do you have there that play? if it still isn't enough, you may want to think abou tadvertising in a local gamestore to attract some randoms that will be free money.

iwillownu

i can start this thing in august so anyone who can make it just tell me or zapdos. email me at chris_combs2002@yahoo.com to get my phone number if ur going

p.s and capncrunch im not no little kid lets make it $100 dollar money match, we both play as fox. I will see u in august

Aftermath

Smash Champion
why would i play fox? i guess i could, but $20. maybe the $100 if i'm playing samus, but i think $20 would be better, as i don't think you're going to win.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
iwillownu, Jesse wants a $100 fox ditto with you. although i'd only want to do the $20 money match, as i don't really have a good source of income, but i'll stick with the character that i actually play.

Just to be sure, it will be 2 out of 3, skypal rules and such. If you don't know what that is, it's basically 4 lives 8 minutes, 6 neutral stages on random, loser of the previous match counters. The first one you can either agree on or random. If you still have questions, we can explain it before or during the set.

Juce

Smash Ace
so Zapdos, does aaron agree to our money match? (im Jesse)
'cause i will if i have the money by then after paying off all of my debts.

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
no no no screw Juce, hes to good, he will take your money for sure. Money match me in a fox ditto for 100. I need to have $100 taken from me so I can learn my lesson and not be so n00bie at smash. iwillownu, please take my $100 dollars in a money match, I promise you will win, I have been playing smash since May 22nd 2005. MONEY MATCH ME JUCE WINS TOURNEYS I DONT!!!

{[Crono]}

Smash Rookie
I'd love to come to something. I'm moving to Salem in like 3 days for college. I love SSBM and have played it for hours and hours and hours with some friends of mine. I entered a couple official tourneys last year but just for swag. I'd be down for anything as long as it doesn't interfere with my schedule^^, AND as long as you play stock.

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
Cap'n Crunch said:
Yeah, i live up in sherwood, and would be interested in attending any tournies people are throwing here. I'd be able to bring one person who is always at my house. As long as you don't do drugs or have mad alcohol parties, it should be fine for us to go.
Sherwood, eh? That's where I live, around Roellich ave.

Vinnie275

Smash Master
{[Crono]} said:
I'd love to come to something. I'm moving to Salem in like 3 days for college. I love SSBM and have played it for hours and hours and hours with some friends of mine. I entered a couple official tourneys last year but just for swag. I'd be down for anything as long as it doesn't interfere with my schedule^^, AND as long as you play stock.
Heh anytime. Just give me a PM when you have a day off coming up.

Top Bottom