• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Order the aerials in which you use them the most

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
They're so hard to order cuz they're all so great...
The list i post has VERY minimal distance between aerials as in I almost use the nair as much as the fair for example. Its close. Same goes for dair bair and the like.

Fair
Nair
Dair
Bair
Uair

Needless to say, I still use the uair a ton.
Just wanna see what u guys think.

Masky

Smash Master
Fair + Dair (tied)
Nair
Bair
Uair

Bair is almost as much nair, but nair wins by a small amount. It really is hard to put them in all in order, since they're all so great and I use them all :laugh:

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
The list i post has VERY minimal distance between aerial as in I almost use the nair as much as the fair. Its close.

Fair
Nair
Dair
Bair
Uair

Needless to say, I still use the uair a ton.
Pretty much what I do in standard play. Against opponents like an Earthbounder or fast characters, I do what Masky does.

Luigi player

Smash Master
My list would be exactly like yours EB360. ^^

I think there's a bit of a gap between fair and nair.. I use both of them very often though, just fair more.

It's like this:

I use 10 fairs, 7 or 8 nairs, 5 dairs (well depends if my opponent could be spiked...), 3 bairs and 1/2 upair.

I don't use uair that much... I mostly forget about it I think lol. (Well at least if I use it it doesn't have any move decay ^^)

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
F air
N air
B air
D air
U air

Making the list was too hard.... I use them all too much...
The truth is it depends on the situation. So I put them in order of what can be used in situations that occur the most...

Sometimes I spam the B air though...

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Yes its true, but I just want to see.
Fair is great for defense, but nair is the offensive tool. KOs and combos.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Nair
Fair
Bair
Uair
Dair

Usually when your opponent hits you, you can use nair or bair effectively. But nair pretty much recoils. Say you were hit by maybe Samus' u-smash. If you're at low percent you can use Ness' nair after that which would make you hit Samus back. It's almost like a counter, but one where you still get hurt. Ness' fair is pretty good, too. From what I've heard, Ness' fair can counter Meta Knight's Mach Tornado. I remember testing this out and it did work, but I'm not 100% that's true.

Ness' has three aerial moves that can kill. Those are nair, uair and bair. If you want to count dair as a fourth one, then go ahead. But on stages with walls like Shadow Moses Island, his uair and bair come especially in handy. Same applies with his nair if the walls are down.

Uffe

Smash Hero
^^^ You main Kirby, correct? His bair is amazing! I like to do RAR with Kirby because his bair is so good.

EDMartyr

Smash Cadet
1. N-air
2. F-air
3. D-air
4. B-air
5. U-air

I use them all a ton...it's kind of hard to rank them in the order of most use. For a more accurate list I'd have to go back and watch my 1 vs. 1 replays...but off the top of my head I think this is pretty close.

Gaussis

Smash Ace
It varies too much for me. Sometimes it is fair spam, others it is the careful placement of uairs, and I do the occasional "I'm close enough to nair you OOS!" Dair is situational for me and bair is my last-resort killing method.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Depends on the character matchup. If fair is outranged I use bair and nair. Uair is for juggling and dair for edgeguards/weird stuff. They are all for different things so yea, I wouldn't really order them.

I'm trying to get myself to use nair more than fair cuz it's just so much faster. It (and utilt) is going to be essential in the ROB matchup for me.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
1. Fair (My most used approach.)
2. Bair (One of my main kill moves.)
3. Nair (Usually against people who abuse spotdodging.)
4. Dair (Occasinal spikes or I will sometimes SH it.)
5. Uair (I only use if I'm certain that it will kill.)

TRAMD

Smash Cadet
Top tier
Fair - it feels so safe, doesn't it?

High tier
Uair - PK fire to Dash attack to Uair FTW
Bair - love that sweet spot

Middle tier
Dair - working on that spike

Bottom tier
Nair - great move that I should use more but don't

panique365

Smash Cadet
It varies too much for me. Sometimes it is fair spam, others it is the careful placement of uairs, and I do the occasional "I'm close enough to nair you OOS!" Dair is situational for me and bair is my last-resort killing method.
Really? B-air is one of my only killing methods. Most of the time I either kill with B-throw, or B-air.

I just love that B-air hit lag! Too bad it doesn't last as long as Zelda's! :laugh: :ohwell:

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Fair, nair

That's pretty much it. I barely use uair and bair except for KO'ing, since I don't want the knockback depreciated. Dair is almost exclusively for spiking.

Please don't double post

Gindler

Smash Champion
Fair (wierd right?)
Nair
Bair
Dair
Uair

I still use Uair a good amount though and rising Dair is just too good too pass up on a ness ignorant opponent.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
People shouldnt disregard the nair. IMO, its just about as good as the fair. Its quicker, less laggy, and the best aerial for the DAS which is VERY useful. It also has priority and speed.

I also think dair should be learned to use even outside of spiking. Its a lovely combo started and a long lasting hitbox that's very big and disjointed.

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
Fair
Bair
Nair
Uair
Dair

I dunno, I think ordering them is kind of.. misleading since I pretty spend all my time as Ness in the air, and even though Dair is at the bottom, I probably use it more than any of his ground moves. (Aside from grab)

Sudsy86_

Smash Ace
1. Fair
2. Dair
3. Nair
4. Bair
5. Uair

Like every other Ness player, I often approach with it, depending on how smart I think my opponent is and what character he's using. Fair is EXTREMELY quick and is an awesome way to throw even MK off-guard every once and a while. Great, safe move.

I've just started to use Dairs often recently; they're obviously great for powerful spikes. I've actually gotten a three Dair drill combo a couple times this week.

Neutral air is more of my secondary move after Fair, assuming I have enough time to connect before an air dodge goes through. From my experience, it has absurd priority and is a great killer off-stage ( I've gotten lighter characters at 72 and 74 with it).

Bair is a move I'd typically end my long combos with. I like it because it is fairly powerful for having no lag afterwards. I also use it during the times I would my Neutral air, depending on what I can coordinate quicker.

I pretty much use Uair like I would DK's.

Fair for the win, though.

Sudsy86_

Smash Ace
People shouldnt disregard the nair. IMO, its just about as good as the fair. Its quicker, less laggy, and the best aerial for the DAS which is VERY useful. It also has priority and speed.
It's quicker, but you can almost never approach with it. Essentially, you can't use it as much as Fair--which is why I would give Fair the edge here.

The best part of it is it's probably one of the best off-stage killers ( including indirectly with easily-finished combos) because of its quickness and lack of lag.

I also think dair should be learned to use even outside of spiking. Its a lovely combo started and a long lasting hitbox that's very big and disjointed.
Ever fastfall cancel spam it? (Lol) it almost has no grabbable lag at all, and you can keep spamming that sucker and not be touched unless they move away and come back--at which point you should be able to acknowledge it and use another ones of Ness' aerials.

Top Bottom