• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"OR" Series Day 15: Pokemon Red or Blue?

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
i hate chicken. my mom made it like every single night of my childhood. like ill still go to chick fil a
but give me beef, steak, barbacoa, any day
carnitas are ok, but im not a big fan of other pork meals

beef top ramen as well

Naota21t

Smash Champion
initially I believed that backstreet boys were better but time has shown me that though I like bsb, nsync was clearly a better boy band in every way.

joeplicate

Smash Master
now that i think about it, taste definitely

it would suck not being able to taste food, and ur digestion might get ****ed up
but as long as you kept an eye on it you could get away with eating super healthy **** all day. oatmeal, no sugar, no milk, wheatgrass, whatever

being blind is no good =o

CableCho57

Smash Lord
yeah taste would suck but that would mean i could lose weight because i wouldnt be tempted to eat that burger if it tastes the same as raw celery. so taste definitely

and i could still play melee!

pockyD

Smash Legend
that's a non-question; taste ez

i'm pretty sure that, especially as gamers, sight is #1 for 95% of us (esp since it's hard to imagine not having 'feel')

sight vs hearing would be at least slightly more interesting though

DJMirror

Smash Master
I rather be deaf.

So I can keep annoying people by saying "What?" by keep making them repeat all day.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
definitely deaf

sight > hearing

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
I'm deaf but can hear thanks to implants
They're both mad gay but stem cell research ***** them both

Going with deaf

why do i lurk here again?

Kira-

Smash Champion
I'm deaf but can hear thanks to implants
Were you deaf from birth? I saw some videos where people can hear for the first time in their lives when they're like 16, I really wanted to go ask them what that was like.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Video

Were you deaf from birth? I saw some videos where people can hear for the first time in their lives when they're like 16, I really wanted to go ask them what that was like.
I saw a similar video too. I also saw this one where a baby was born blind but regained his eyesight a few years later. Pretty trippy if they were both real. :bee:

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
lost my hearing at 6

Essentially being deaf is like when you're underwater and all sounds are muffled to silence, sometimes you can kinda feel the sound vibrations or some **** which creates an illusion of hearing

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
wow i guess im just a big weirdo. i really cant decide between taste/sight

and going deaf > blind, easy.

also thats a ****ing sick sig LOL

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
yeah kira i saw a lot of that stuff in a few of my GE classes. turns out a large portion of the people that are deaf from birth, ultimately choose to remain deaf. they say that the commotions of every day life are too distracting, which really does make sense when you think about it. imagine not ever knowing what sound was, and then suddenly being bombarded with all these inescapable harsh clanging noises. pretty overwhelming.

that being said i'd definitely choose being deaf. i think i'd be able to find some peace in silence, whereas being blind would just be frustrating.

DJMirror

Smash Master
in other word, that's like saying do you wanna wanna see boobs or hear them? everyone would pick "see boobs"

Kira-

Smash Champion
yeah kira i saw a lot of that stuff in a few of my GE classes. turns out a large portion of the people that are deaf from birth, ultimately choose to remain deaf. they say that the commotions of every day life are too distracting, which really does make sense when you think about it. imagine not ever knowing what sound was, and then suddenly being bombarded with all these inescapable harsh clanging noises. pretty overwhelming.

that being said i'd definitely choose being deaf. i think i'd be able to find some peace in silence, whereas being blind would just be frustrating.
I'm not surprised, but at the same time I wonder what they thought of music. And if there were any trends in the types of music they first were attracted to.

Top Bottom