• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Opinions of Smash Run?

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Ugh. For the last time people: SMASH RUN IS NOT THE SINGLE PLAYER MODE. IT IS A SEPARATE MULTIPLAYER ORIENTED MODE. THERE WILL STILL BE AN ADVENTURE/CLASSIC/ALL-STAR MODE.

Last edited:

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
I like all of the enemies and stuff in smash run so far, but I'm sort of meh on the collecting power-ups for the final battle part.

Morbi

Scavenger
It honestly seems really unexciting, but I will give it a try. I would be completely dishonest if I were to claim that I am satisfied. I don't want to say that anything would have been better, but anything would have been better.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
It honestly seems really unexciting, but I will give it a try. I would be completely dishonest if I were to claim that I am satisfied. I don't want to say that anything would have been better, but anything would have been better.
Something tells me you never got to play Air Ride, or at the least you're having trouble transferring the gameplay over. Believe me, it is going to much more addicting than you're anticipating.

Morbi

Scavenger
Something tells me you never got to play Air Ride, or at the least you're having trouble transferring the gameplay over. Believe me, it is going to much more addicting than you're anticipating.
I have played Air-Ride, but it has been so very long. It was years ago. But hopefully you speak the truth, I would love nothing more than to be wrong.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Ugh. For the last time people: SMASH RUN IS NOT THE SINGLE PLAYER MODE. IT IS A SEPARATE MULTIPLAYER ORIENTED MODE. THERE WILL STILL BE AN ADVENTURE/CLASSIC/ALL-STAR MODE.
We don't know that for sure to be honest, it's possible that you'd be able to play it single player with three other AI opponents cause that's how City Trial works.

Plus in terms of Smash Bros there never really was a multiplayer exclusive game mode because you could fight against the AI in every mode including all the vs. modes except for maybe the rotation battles that almost nobody uses so I'm pretty sure Smash Run will work the same, intended for multiplayer but you still have the option to play against the CPU.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
"Up to four players" - Masahiro Sakurai during the smash direct of 08/04/14

Also, this will be so weird to NOT b able to play with 3 AI. I repeat, city trial is the only game I enjoyed while playing with 3 cpus imagine in smash...

Super FOG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FOG2006
3DS FC
4253-3752-2801
Of course is going to have options to play against CPUs, even Kid Icarus Uprising allows this.

I just want a Free Run-like option and to be able to set some rules like change the time limit, select one specific smash battle, turn events on and off, etc.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
We don't know that for sure to be honest, it's possible that you'd be able to play it single player with three other AI opponents cause that's how City Trial works.
That's why I said multiplayer oriented. Sure, you'll be able to play as the only human, but it's made to be played with other humans; no other singleplayer mode (besides the Subspace Emissary) is based on this.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
That's why I said multiplayer oriented. Sure, you'll be able to play as the only human, but it's made to be played with other humans; no other singleplayer mode (besides the Subspace Emissary) is based on this.
In which case it can be seen as both single player and multiplayer, nobody is really wrong here.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I loved City Trial. You have no idea how stoked I was when I figured out what Smash Run was five seconds before he said it was like City Trial.

I just really wish it was on Wii U as well.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
In which case it can be seen as both single player and multiplayer, nobody is really wrong here.
Except the people who think there will be no other strictly single player mode, which are the people I was addressing in the first place. There are some people who seem to think Smash Run has flat-out replaced Advemture, Classic, and All-Star mode which is simply false.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Except the people who think there will be no other strictly single player mode, which are the people I was addressing in the first place. There are some people who seem to think Smash Run has flat-out replaced Advemture, Classic, and All-Star mode which is simply false.
I'm pretty sure enough people understand that if only because you NEED other single player modes as alternatives for unlocking characters, maybe you can unlock at least one character in Smash Run but for the most part I'm pretty sure people understand this ESPECIALLY since Sakurai pretty much confirmed All-Star mode's return in the Direct.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
I'm pretty sure enough people understand that if only because you NEED other single player modes as alternatives for unlocking characters, maybe you can unlock at least one character in Smash Run but for the most part I'm pretty sure people understand this ESPECIALLY since Sakurai pretty much confirmed All-Star mode's return in the Direct.
Darkly Dreaming Dexter, Yahooda, and Rymi are all people who seemed to think there will be no adventure mode.

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
Yeah, City Trial was the best of Kirby Air Ride, exploring, collecting items and beat other players to stole their stuff is so much fun. But, for some odd reason Smash Run doesn't excite me. Maybe is because KAR is a 3D game.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Yeah, City Trial was the best of Kirby Air Ride, exploring, collecting items and beat other players to stole their stuff is so much fun. But, for some odd reason Smash Run doesn't excite me. Maybe is because KAR is a 3D game.
For smash, in which you move in 2D environment, I tough it felt as open as city trial. Look at the map it;s really big.

Last edited:

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Would it be possible to play Smash Run online? or against CPU's?
He vaguely mentioned online, I think, but if I try to quote him I'll get it slightly wrong.

Pretty easy to assume it'll be in there regardless.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
Its a fantastic mix of the Kirby Air Ride, and Smash Bros. Formulas. Battling a variety of enemies from various Nintendo worlds, in an expansive battlefield, collecting powerups, and using those power-ups to challenge your opponents in a variety of different battle settings, with various Air Ride like events happening during all of this. I will put more time into this mode in the 3DS version than any other, guaranteed.

Randoman

Smash Cadet
I think smash run will bring much needed diversity in the game. if it wasn't for it I would not be half as exited to try the 3ds version. But the true test is when we actually get to try it. Obviously smash run will be great, what I'm worried about is both lag and the only 1 minute fight afterwards.
I believe the time of both the match, and Smash Run can believe adjusted. I think you could adjust the time limit in City Trial to like 7 minutes instead of 5, hopefully that's the case for Smash Run, except we could adjust the time limit higher than 7 minutes.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Smash Run seems like a fun casual thing to do with friends. That said, unless there are things to unlock from playing it, I will probably not mess around with Smash Run very often, if at all.

ZanZero

Smash Apprentice
I play competitively in a casual setting, so this will most likely be something I enjoy playing with my more casual friends, or to kill time.
It looks like a ****ing blast tho, I can't doubt that.

Arc Tangent

Smash Apprentice
I can't wait for smash run, just think about how fun it'll be to run around a giant map killing minions. Then you can use any powers you get to beat up your friends. It seems like every match will be different and people (including me) will play it for hours and hours.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
It's what SSE game play should have been. You know, actual NINTENDO enemies. Looks very fun.

Smash Rookie
It looks beautiful. I honestly can't wait to try it out once SSB3DS is released. City Trial was an amazing mode, and now that Smash has its own version, it might be even better. The Nintendo enemies instead of those SSE and a couple Mario enemies is much better imo.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I can't wait to play it. The 3DS version keeps delivering.

BioZelink

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Biozelink
3DS FC
4811-7130-3977
Looks amazing, imagine how fun it will be when u meet the other player on the map? Steal their power ups?
It will make for some amazing battle, especially the random battle rules. It will be a lot different and add so much diversity to the online.

Top Bottom