• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Opinions and tournaments

Shadowken

Smash Rookie
I was wondering what others opinions are on the smash 3DS. I don't own a wii, wiiu or GameCube. Just a 3DS XL. I may get the new LL over time but this is for recent times. I would like to participate in tournaments in norcal and i am a member of many sites and groups so i know where to go to be informed on them as well as tips and so on. But i dont stay at home a lot playing games. Most of the time its because i commute to work and that takes two to three hours and the 3DS Sm4sh would be perfect for me. But would there be tournaments in norcal or elsewhere for 3DS Smash? Will it be taken seriously like melee/pm, brawl and perhaps wiiu?

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
I was wondering what others opinions are on the smash 3DS. I don't own a wii, wiiu or GameCube. Just a 3DS XL. I may get the new LL over time but this is for recent times. I would like to participate in tournaments in norcal and i am a member of many sites and groups so i know where to go to be informed on them as well as tips and so on. But i dont stay at home a lot playing games. Most of the time its because i commute to work and that takes two to three hours and the 3DS Sm4sh would be perfect for me. But would there be tournaments in norcal or elsewhere for 3DS Smash? Will it be taken seriously like melee/pm, brawl and perhaps wiiu?
I know we're thinking about online tournaments. I'm not sure about "local" tournaments since most people are going to take this game as a "Smash Bros. for casuals" Which is just plain dumb.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Yeah I kinda doubt many local tourneys will pop up even in the most active areas. Hell I live in AZ, I'm pretty sure I won't see any tourneys till weeks after Wii U.

Maybe if enough of the important people in the scene feel that 3DS is worth putting time into they'll organize some stuff, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Shadowken

Smash Rookie
TC mentioned he doesn't play at home often, so that wouldn't really be the best for him.
Yah. I don't have time to play at home or anywhere using a home system. I was considering getting an emulator for melee but i never had or can afford a laptop or tablet strong enough to play. Would just be wasting money i rarely have on a system i could hardly play. When i get home from work the first thing i do is sleep (i Always get home late)

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
There are discussions for 3DS online tourneys in the 3DS group; you should check it out.

Shadowken

Smash Rookie
But he mentioned he already had a 3DS XL. Thus I'd still rather buy a Wii U compared to a new 3DS.
No point in buying something that i wouldn't play due to going to work all the time and have very little time to play. Compare to the 3ds id have six hours a day to play and less than 30 minutes for the wiiu. Im not asking for which system to play it on. Im asking for possible tournaments for the system i have more time to use.

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
No point in buying something that i wouldn't play due to going to work all the time and have very little time to play. Compare to the 3ds id have six hours a day to play and less than 30 minutes for the wiiu. Im not asking for which system to play it on. Im asking for possible tournaments for the system i have more time to use.
Ah when you said Smash 3DS I thought you mention the limited edition one or the new one with a cstick. Didnt realize you meant the game. Can't help you about the rest of it though other than finding a area that they do other gaming tournaments.

I go to the Borderlands store downtown for my tournament stuff. Prolly some tabletop gaming store would be your best bet.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Online tournaments are bound to happen. As for other play, look online for people playing locally, or organize one amongst your own friends if they also have the game.

Top Bottom