• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

opinion?

hack-killer

Smash Cadet
do u think that zeldas lightining attack got weaker or stronger? or is just the same?

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
I dunno. The physics makes it hard for me to tell. I can't chain lightning kicks like I could in Melee, and they're definitely harder to land... but they do send them farther. Strangely, I kill at the same %s in both games, though it might be a bit easier in Brawl.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I think it's about the same, but the sparkliness and that stun makes it seem a lot harder.

Could be wrong... Never really played her in Melee. I was a Sheiker.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Go try her in Melee if you can. Believe me, it's infinitely easier.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Oh no no I know it's definitely easier to sweetspot.

Din got much stronger as well as much more flashy, primarily due to the new graphic capabilities.

I know the Lightning Kicks got the same flashy new look, but I don't know if they got stronger as well.

S2

Smash Lord
Someone like DarkMusician probably knows best.

The kick might be a little stronger in Brawl.

That being said, it's much more useful in Melee. Because in Melee not only was it easier to land, but you could combo into it. Like Falcon's knee, it wasn't something you saw every once and while... but something that people based their playstyles around.

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
I'm guessing you meant it's less useful in Brawl :p
In any case I'm pretty positive it's more powerful in Brawl, considering it now kills at around 60 undecayed which is something I don't believe the Melee kick did, and everyone is harder to kill in general in Brawl.

S2

Smash Lord
Oh wow. Yeah dumb mistake.

I just said the exact opposite of what I intended.

LOL, thanks for catching that before more people see it.

Pappioll

Smash Apprentice
It's much more difficult to land a sweetspotted kick in Brawl. Though, the reward for doing so is better since the damage and knockback has increased.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I definitely agree that the knockback and damage has increased in Brawl. Undecayed, this move is basically a finisher whereas the Melee kick as before mentioned could be strung like Falcon's knee.

Mega-Japan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shonendo
3DS FC
0791-4753-3390
Um, I think in-between the transition from Melee to Brawl, Zelda borrowed/stole Captain Falcon's Knee power while obvious nerfing it big time. I feel sorry for the cap'n, yet happy for the Principesha =).

Top Bottom