• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Operation Starfall: Bringing Life to SMRPG Again

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I would totally main the **** out of Geno in Mario Kart, just saying.

Well, unless my boy R.O.B. got invited back too. Then it'd be a tough choice.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
https://youtu.be/by3gRu0ORF0
Whatever dude, Rainfall and Moonfall apparently worked with Xenoblade and Majora’s Mask 3DS, rant all you want, just don’t bring others down. :rolleyes::glare:
The boi isn't hating on it tho, it's just Pessimistic about it due to its own experience. Maybe he doesn't know about the Rainfall or Moonfall story.
At least he is open-minden saying that he may be wrong, but he has the liberty to choose not to believe, the point is that, we are razonating how hard this is but that won't stop us from doing something.

If we stop and say "It's seem impossible" we'll never see, we'll never know, that's why we are at least, trying.
If some people is skeptical about it let'em, after all, who the hell knows what could happen.

https://youtu.be/by3gRu0ORF0
Whatever dude, Rainfall and Moonfall apparently worked with Xenoblade and Majora’s Mask 3DS, rant all you want, just don’t bring others down. :rolleyes::glare:
I see Operation Starfall is getting some attention, that's nice. I watched the whole thing hoping to find some constructive criticism but it's mostly a guy expressing his doubts. Tbf he's not overly negative, he's actually praising our efforts and even shared the petition in the description of his video, he's obviously a fan of the game but just don't believe in this kind of Operation, i respect his opinion tbh (even if i disagree).

I've been part of a few social movements in my life (mostly political ones), sometimes as an organizer and sometimes simply as a participant. I've learned that doubt and hate toward a movement are inevitable but also 2 very different things, people who express doubts in a respectful way can actually bring good constructive criticism to the table (sometimes). Movements that tend to mute all forms of criticism usually end up creating a very hermetic bubble where the same ideas are spinned over and over. This often results in the movement being less inclusive of new ideas and therefore, less inclusive of new people. In other words, the best ideas don't always come from the most positive persons and i think we should definitely listen to people even if they have doubts. It's only my opinion based on what i know so take this with a grain of salt.

I personally thinks Madlittlepixel has a fair point when he's saying that 'money talks'. Operation Rainfall actually proved their point to Nintendo using pre-orders:
The first phase of the campaign focused on Xenoblade Chronicles, with a part of their campaign resulting in large numbers of pre-orders being placed for the game on Amazon.com under its placeholder title: the game reached #1 in the site's pre-order list, beating both The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D and the PlayStation 3 bundle for Call of Duty: Black Ops.[2][12] (from Operation Rainfall on Wikipedia)
I don't know how/if we could do something similar for SMRPG but i think it's some good food for thought.

Last edited:
Actually, that guy... wasn't being particularly hateful towards this campgain. He even said that he loves SMRPG. The rant was really more about Nintendo and why they clearly won't give this **** the time of day. Still rather pessimistic, but I don't think he was actively trying to trash us for doing this.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Smashboards refuses to update me on this thread.

Anyway, have we set anything in stone yet?

D

Deleted member

Yep. Loopylupe, PeanutButterGamer, and the Runaway Guys have been reached out to, and now it's the waiting to (hopefully) get some responses from them, and continue spreading the word about Operation Starfall

bomamba

Smash Cadet
I honestly couldn’t be anymore proud of our community right now. Lots of hustle being put out here so big thanks to all.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Actually, that guy... wasn't being particularly hateful towards this campgain. He even said that he loves SMRPG. The rant was really more about Nintendo and why they clearly won't give this **** the time of day. Still rather pessimistic, but I don't think he was actively trying to trash us for doing this.
At least he’s not Projared who bashes Geno and Mallow constantly. :urg:

But any publicity is good whether good or bad because it gets the word out and hopefully more big names recognize the campaign. :grin:

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
McJuggerNuggets and xD1X are left to contact. Maybe, like you said (if I'm not mistaken), NicoB?
Contacting Nicob as of now would not be a good idea. I just noted him in case he ever does play SMRPG, which I think is an eventuality. Once that happens and he finishes it for his channel, then we contact him.

D

Deleted member

Contacting Nicob as of now would not be a good idea. I just noted him in case he ever does play SMRPG, which I think is an eventuality. Once that happens and he finishes it for his channel, then we contact him.
Alright. Then, in that case, McJuggerNuggets and xD1x are the ones left to be contacted

Potatu

Smash Apprentice
So, who is left to contact and is there anyone else we can come up with?
I don't know if somebody already mentioned this, but TheMeatly and Choctopus might be of great help, since they both love SMRPG.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
I have no idea why I don’t get alerts for this thread, but anyways hello! I’m glad to see we’re getting notoriety, this is good. I’m excited to see where we’re heading.

By the way, me and my friend are still working on those tarot card drafts if you all are still interested.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I have no idea why I don’t get alerts for this thread, but anyways hello! I’m glad to see we’re getting notoriety, this is good. I’m excited to see where we’re heading.

By the way, me and my friend are still working on those tarot card drafts if you all are still interested.
Oh my gosh, we are ABSOLUTELY interested! I'd love to add this to our timeline of events in the Google doc to see if we can make this portion of the operation a reality. It's such a cute idea!!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

I will never be not interested.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman

Thats sounds great, keep up the great work.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
I’m glad I’ve piqued some of your interests :)
Hopefully by the end of the day we should have them ready to be presented. Keep up the good work everyone!

D

Deleted member

Hey guys l haven't been on since Thursday and will probably not come back for like a week or two but Just checking in to see how everybody is doing. Glad to see people hustling this thing.

McJuggerNuggets and xD1X are left to contact. Maybe, like you said (if I'm not mistaken), NicoB?
Pretty sure I contacted D1 a few weeks ago and accidentally forgot to Mention it but as far as I know I could be wrong so anyone who wants to hit him up by all means can do that.

Anyways gonna go back to hiding in my little corner trying to feel better. Respect what you all are doing. Keep up the great work! Also maybe in June or whatever we could do that streaming idea if anyone wants to Stream SMRPG around then I'll totally try and get the word out then.

D

Deleted member

Would love to see em!

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Anyway, not trying to be too nosy, but how are the tarot cards going TooManyToastahs TooManyToastahs ?
It’s no problem, progress is a bit rough right now since the flu’s going around and the guy who’s doing the art digitally (since I was only able to help with physical drafts) got sick with it.

Sorry for the wait, we wanna make sure it’s digital and in a state we’d feel good about presenting. Thanks for your patience :)

Ovaltine

Smash Master
- Chuggaaconroy + ProtonJon (both huge SMRPG fans, also part of the Runaway Guys with NintendoCapriSun, could reach out to TRG?)
- GoNintendo (the largest NIntendo news site I can think of)
- PeanutButterGaming
- xD1x
- Loopyyylupe / Nathalie F.
- Sky Williams

This was a list from earlier in the thread of all we've contacted. I think the only one we've not reached yet is McJuggerNuggets. As for who's gotten back to us, I'm... really sad to say that no one has.

D

Deleted member

Do we have a list of who all's been contacted/who's replied?
Yes. Blade of Evil's Bane Blade of Evil's Bane made a post about it, and the only thing that has changed about is since then is that Chuggaconroy, NintendoCapriSun, ProtonJon, and xD1x have been contacted:

You're doing great so far and you shouldn't put too much pressure on your shoulders imo.

It's totally normal for things to slow down a lil' after the big bang we had at the start of the Operation, i wouldn't worry too much about it.

As long as there's a plan and we're steadily moving towards our next objective we'll be alright. If there's any issues, we'll deal with them on the way. Just remember that there is other people to support you when you need, you don't have to support the whole Operation and everyone in it by yourself.

Here's the list (you provided last week):
- Chuggaaconroy + ProtonJon (both huge SMRPG fans, also part of the Runaway Guys with NintendoCapriSun, could reach out to TRG?)
- GoNintendo (the largest NIntendo news site I can think of) contacted by Ovaltine
- McJuggerNuggets (another Youtuber, another big SMRPG fan)
- PeanutButterGaming (same as above) contacted by Zack E.
- xD1x (big Smash competitive player, supports Geno for Smash particularly)
- Loopyyylupe / Nathalie F. (drew that huge SMRPG color key, popular artist and huge SMRPG fan) contacted by Ovaltine
- Sky Williams* contacted

*wasn't on the list but he is now :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom