• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Ontario Presentz: A Huge Brawl Tournament! Dont Miss Out! July 19th! ~

Bug~

Smash Ace
~ Bug Presents: Sauga Brawl Luxurious Tournament! ~ JULY 19th ~

Intro: Hey everyone, as I promised I am hosting a Brawl Tournament..Its called luxurious cause theres 2 rooms..ones a chillin room with couches to relax and what not so its pretty sick. I am hoping for this to be the biggest tournament up to date in Ontario so free your schedules and make your ***** down to this event hehe. If you all dont know me already im a brawl player..I would like a clean, drug-free and alcohol free (I have to) during the tournament. If you have any questions..just email me at Bug@live.ca

Place: This is inside an apartment building so please try not to go crazy loud unless someone does something sick in a game lol. Here is the address:

1022 Greaves ave.
Mississauga, ON
Nearest intersection which is very close is Cawthra and Lakeshore.
You will see that its the only apartment building on the street/corner.

Contact: You can contact me by calling (905) 891-7591 or you can email me at Bug@live.ca

How do I get there? Just mapquest it..It clear on the address and everything. Here are bus routes from Square one. Take the 19 down all the way to the go station in port credit and then wait for the 23. Take the 23 and get off Lakeshore and Cawthra, then just down lakeshore..not towards the way you just came from but forward..and you should see that the second street on the left is Greaves ave. Youll see a building, before your make it to greaves you should see a door open. PARKING IS AVAILABLE ON THE BACKSIDE OF THE BUILDING OR JUST PARK ON THE STREET!

FOOD: I believe there is food allowed in the venue but please dont make a mess and clean up after yourselves. Around the corner (2-4 minute walk) there is a Dairy Cream, Subway, Pizza Pizza, Dominos Pizza and if you want to walk an extra minute there is McDonalds.

Cost: I made the venue fee as cheap as possible and anything extra will go towards the pot!

Venue Fee: $5.00
Singles: $15.00
Doubles: $10.00 per person

PRIZE LAYOUT

60% goes to first place
30% goes to second place
10% goes to third place

This may change to 65/25/10 ..still thinking about it, give me your thoughts.

Prices may change, but for now this is it. Venue fee will not change.

Time: I will be yelling out names and assigning players/teams to a specific TV/system to play on. You have 3 minutes to come check in at the table to find out which setup your playing at. If you are not there before 3 minutes runs out then you will be disqualified, I cant be messing around with the time if we want things to get done fast.

Doors open at 9am
9am - 10am * This time will be used for setups *
10am - 11:30am * This time will be used for friendlies *
11:30am - 12pm * This will be registration for Brawl, I am not waiting a minute after 12pm so please dont be late *
Than after singles will be doubles.

*NOTE* Venue MUST close at 10pm EST and no later so we need to make this run smoothly.

Rules: If you dont follow them, you will not be welcome in future tourneys.

1. Keep it clean! I should not have to stress over people not wanting to take 4 seconds to throw out their garbage. I really would not like to have to clean up after everyone else's garbage and messes when I am the one organizing all this. There will be a big garbage bag where everyone can throw their garbage out in the venue.

2. Be Friendly! This is important. If you lose so be it, accept defeat and move on (Unless your GI and then I can understand) If you're being a sore loser and persist with it I will ask you to keep it to yourself or you will have to leave. The main point of this is for fun.

3. Smoking & Alcohol! If you need to smoke a cigarette feel free to step out the side of the building for a cigarette. Other things must be taken elsewhere away from the buidling but I don't mind if your in the venue afterwards. Alcohol or any drug is not allowed in the building AT ALL. If you smell like alcohol or any drug or if you start getting mad cause your drunk then you will be kicked out..just keep it cool.

4. Personal Belongings! Bring your own things at your own risk, I am hoping everyone there is respectful and will not take anything. If you lose anything, come talk to me and we will find the crook and beat his *** down. Keep your controller with you at all times.

5. TVs! Dont hog up friendly TVs, give everyone a chance to have a casual. Tournament matches have priority over MMs and Casuals. MMs have priority over Casuals.

Tournament Rules and Stage Bans:

This may change if you can convince me why it should or shouldnt be there. *NOTE* Dont come to the tournament and expect to change things (MDK lol) ..just give me your input on this thread and ill put it into consideration.

-Matches are 3 stocks with 7 minute time limit.

-All Sets will be best of 3. Finals of the winners bracket, losers bracket and the grand championship will be best of 5.

-There will be pools so we can have proper seeds towards the brackets. This will have to be done fast cause I dont want to waste half the tournament doing pools.

-First match the two players will tell a 3rd person which characters they are choosing. The stage will then be either be mutually agreed on or randomly chosen from the neutral stages.

-Loser of the next round then chooses the stage while the winner chooses their character followed by the loser choosing theirs.

-You cannot choose the same stage more than once in your set of 3. Unless the stage you had liked to pick was chosen on random.

-Pausing is only allowed if for a phone call or emergency, anything out of reason(breaking combo's, time to think or shield, etc) will forfit your stock.

Infinite/Excessive Stalling

Infinite and excessive stalling are both banned. You are considered to be stalling infinitely when you are using a technique that prevents the other player from making contact with you (spamming projectiles is allowed but constant flying in the sky and under the stage is not allowed). Excessive stalling is when you use a technique to stall a match by remaining untouchable for a significant amount of time. Examples include using Fox's shine in great excess while recovering on the corner of the map so the opponent cannot reach you for a large period of time. This will result in a forfeit of your stock.

Come on guys..just show some class when you play, dont be an a$$face.

If I'm missing anything let me know.

Stage Bans and Counterpicks:

Here is the list I have come up with. THIS MAY CHANGE!

FOR NOW, THIS APPLIES TO BOTH SINGLES AND DOUBLES

Neutrals:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

Counterpicks:

Pokemon Stadium
Delfino Plaza
Distant Planet
Castle Siege