• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Only Nana grabbing ledge?

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
upB oos is really slow and leaves popo vulnerable and is a little outdated at this point in time.
there are a lot of faster/better ways to do it (while upB oos does still have it's uses, it's not totally garbage).

The easiest way is probably to just roll back into the ledge and hold up on the control stick to buffer a jump with nana and then tilt the stick back slowly to have her drift onto the ledge while still shielding with popo.
This is really nice against marth or luigi in particular because you can use it to set up a marth slayer while still having nana occupying the ledge stopping them from just djing or upBing further back and drifting onto the ledge.

The super "meta" thing right now is what I guess we're calling a sliphog, which is pretty much just wding backwards off the stage while holding shield which forces nana to go into tumble and then immediately jumping (or perfect ledgedashing) from the ledge with popo so that nana grabs it.
It's generally the fastest way to get nana onto the ledge and lets you cover a whole bunch of options since popo is super actionable.
I like it a lot against spacies in particular because they like to make you guess if they are gonna go high or low and you can usually cover both by doing this.

there are some other, more situational things you can do as well, but these are the common ones right now.

I've been meaning to make a tutorial video/showcase on a lot of the ICs edge things but I haven't had a chance to get around to it yet. Hopefully I'll be able to throw something together soon, because there are a lot of really cool little tricks you can do to cover different situations that most ICs don't really know about or do very often, which is a big part of why so many of us are still stuck using upB oos in 2016.

Last edited:
Top Bottom