• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Online Yoshi Ditto Tournament!!!

Wubblez

Smash Apprentice
GG Jump.

Wifi is the devil now. Everytime I've used my egg roll it has caused me to suicide. :(

KiwiBear

Smash Rookie
I'm open as well I'll be on in about an hour.

Also it would be better if we play 7 matches with all different people and record results from that. After that the top 4 best records play each other and the top 2 results play :x

Just a suggestion to help organize.

Wubblez

Smash Apprentice
I've gotten through 4 matches so far and I am 1-3 right now. :) I'm hoping to work back to an even record. Good matches everyone and I'm learning some new moves. :) We should do this more often.

Jump_Man

Smash Apprentice
ggs wubblez. 2 matches down, alot more to go. If anyone want's to brawl, just send me a message

Bwett

Smash Ace
I'm open as well I'll be on in about an hour.

Also it would be better if we play 7 matches with all different people and record results from that. After that the top 4 best records play each other and the top 2 results play :x

Just a suggestion to help organize.
It is true that my way of running the tournament wasn't intended for such a large group of people. Do yall think we should change it slightly? Possibly do only 10 matches per person and the top 5 people will face off? Personally, although I think it will be difficult to have matches with so many people, having this many yoshi dittos matches is making our community that much better in terms of skill. For that reason, I would like it to stay the same if not similar to how I designed it, but a tournament is only as good as the people who are in it deem it, so give me your opinions and if I see something that yall agree with, then we can tweak it.

Jump_Man

Smash Apprentice
Big, you're a monster on BF! lol, but I got you on Delphino ;)

ggs

bigman40

Smash Master
I don't care about playing all the yoshi mains, but I'd like the deadline to be longer to accustom to the amount.

Lol gg's jump man. I'm surprised that I'm seeing Delphino being picked now. I've mainly been on all the neutrals. And yes, BF is my killer stage ^__^

Tanea

Smash Ace
guys my internet isnt working i hope that is that it is back soon if not i might have to drop out

rel_12

Smash Apprentice
I can play anyone I need ppl to play pm me for this Yoshi thing

Wubblez

Smash Apprentice
It is true that my way of running the tournament wasn't intended for such a large group of people. Do yall think we should change it slightly? Possibly do only 10 matches per person and the top 5 people will face off? Personally, although I think it will be difficult to have matches with so many people, having this many yoshi dittos matches is making our community that much better in terms of skill. For that reason, I would like it to stay the same if not similar to how I designed it, but a tournament is only as good as the people who are in it deem it, so give me your opinions and if I see something that yall agree with, then we can tweak it.
I would say add another week to the tournament, then at the end take the top 8 and do a single elimination tournament. I'll try to play later tonight at like 11 PM eastern time if anyone is on then =/

Jump_Man

Smash Apprentice
eh, the early SD killed me. ggs bwett, you're one helluva brawler

Bwett

Smash Ace
I would say add another week to the tournament, then at the end take the top 8 and do a single elimination tournament. I'll try to play later tonight at like 11 PM eastern time if anyone is on then =/
So I'm gonna add a week for the fights. Now what do you think about the single elim bracket idea?

Depster

Smash Champion
Too sleepy -_- I'll be up and runnin tomorrow though, I'll be getting a few matches in, I'm sure.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
Just a question here...
What's the scoring for this thing and deciding who gets in the top 8... is it just gonna be whoever wins the most, or who has the best win/loss record, or what? I don't think it really matters, but I'm just curious.

Bwett

Smash Ace
Just a question here...
What's the scoring for this thing and deciding who gets in the top 8... is it just gonna be whoever wins the most, or who has the best win/loss record, or what? I don't think it really matters, but I'm just curious.
It first goes by who has the most wins with regards to sets. If there are ties, then it will be determined by most wins in games. However, I am afraid that people are not gonna be able to play everyone, so I might have to tweak it alittle in the process, but I won't know that until I see the actual results. Hopefully there is a clear distinction between the top 8 and everyone else. Then I can be lazy and won't have to worry about lol.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I think I am going to have to drop out because I have to practice with my crew for upcoming offline tournaments and I have company coming over so I won't be able to find time sorry.

But I won't mind playing friendlies every now and then. So, if anyone still wants to play me just AIM me or PM me.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I can play someone now, anyone ready to get bea-- erm play?

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Dang, I missed the cut off because I was in New Jersey all this time and I just got back late last night. If any of you guys can save the replays of the matches and upload them so scrubs like me can watch them that would be awesome. Can't wait to see the results.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yeah, that lag sucked. Yeah, I was just trying to KO you then. lol You can keep Yoshi on.

Depster won 2 to 1.

Chaco

Never Logs In
No those were just hilldashes.
Ok, I thought you tried once or twice. Becuase I was about to say, if you were your button timing was off by a hare. But anyways, still GGs. Now that I've told I got beat by you, don't be surprised if Leviathan asks to play you soon. He beats me alot. But they are close.

I'm just glad I got the one off of you, my style gets figured out fast btw. lol

Carouselambra

Smash Rookie
gg mmac. looks like i got some work to do.

not as an excuse or anything, but that's the first time i played anybody who's good with yoshi. you make yoshi's grab look pro, or i make it easy to get off, one of the two.

Top Bottom