• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Online takes like an hour or more to find someone!

1FC0

Smash Lord
And when I find someone it is often some guy named Ming who plays a very defensive Kirby spamming a lot of air dodges but who is still pretty good and also fun to play.

I think that mybe banland has different levels. I think that since I kept making noobs salty by owning them even in banland I have gone further in banland.

Or maybe it is because I reported someone to try out the report function. Nut that guy was so laggy and I only used the report function once.

Anyway first I almost always found someone within ten seconds, then the avarage time became maybe around ten minutes, but now it seems like hours. I can find like 1 person on a full battery before I have to recharge.

Seriously am I so good that I need to be banned for it? I still paid for the game, so how is it fair if I get banned just because I am so amazing at this game?

Besides I almost only play FG 1v1 and FG is meant to be competitive, and competitive means based on skill. FG is the place as far as random online goes to test, hone, and show off your skills. People should appreciate it when someone sets a high standard for them and if they do not then they should go back to FF where they belong.
Before I was banned I used to grind noobs and that can get pretty boring especially for competitively minded people like the folks that FG is made for. When I got into banland the quality of the avarage opponent seemed to go up even to the point that I could not 2-stock a lot of my opponents anymore!
But I always appreciated the good players and would never report them. Even when someone was actually better than me I would keep playing and not even considering using the report. Because the challenge of a good player is better than grinding noobs.
However the mindset on FG seems to be that grinding noobs is more fun than an actually challenge.

So to all you scrubs who report people when they own you, stop it because it is not fair. They did not play cheap, their playstyle is beatable since any playstyle is beatable. It is also not their fault if you find that they play boring because in a competitive environment (what FG is made for) the game is responsible for preventing degenerate gameplay and the players are responsible for trying to win. If you cannot enjoy playing against someone who does anything he can ingame (including supposed cheap tricks) to win then you are not a competitive player and in that case it is your fault for going to FG 1v1 where you do not belong.

Being awesome like me is great, but less great when you are surrounded by sore losers that have the power to ban.

fehector

Smash Cadet
welcome to the band of banned brothers. I think those words need to be said. even here u can finde those, who are disgusted by no respect or taunt, even if they are a feauture of the game. Eeverything has to be serious until the point they report you.

Its true that u stay longer if u are reported in hell. yes even the few players have some hobbit personalitys. U dont need to search for excuses, because how u play. for that reason every beginner who is siderollspamming and spaming projectiles should be banned.

The good players are not longer welcome and the beginners can ban us by choice. yesterday i saw someone who was very long in the records after i beat him very easy and then left from there. Its obviously what he has done, because he left from there. so i could be banned because of some 25 % player, who cant even move.

Sakurai get ur **** done and repair this broken system.

Last edited:

rjpageuk

Smash Cadet
Cant we keep all the banland discussion to the other threads?

Are you close to the end of your week in banland 1FC0? I found right at the end of my week I couldnt find anyone. I was also waiting 30 min+ without finding anyone. I am not sure of a decent explanation for this, here are some theories:

1) People are put in and out of banland on certain days (I always went in on a weekend, how about anyone else?) so maybe lots of people are coming out at the same time meaning at the end of your period you are sometimes there with a lot less people

2) Since you play the same people a lot, natural variance would deduce that there will be periods where they are not on (maybe when they usually are) meaning you feel like there are less people when there are not

3) Since you play the same people a lot, maybe they dont like playing you either and so block you meaning that there are even less people to be matched up with which leads to not being able to find a game.

Just have a read of the "grinds your gears" thread to realise what a brick wall you are fighting in this cause of yours. This board is full of the brightest and best smash players and yet threads here are still full of people moaning about others spamming / rolling / throwing a lot - basically anything that means they lose (suboptimal things at that, surely you should be pleased if they keep doing the same thing?). People dont like losing, and they dont like blaming themselves for their loss.

It is very sad that certain prolific players are having their online experience ruined by this, and the blame has to be pointed at Nintendo really for the silly system they have created.

Last edited:

abx

Smash Journeyman
Can somone explain to me in a nutshell how "banland" works so that you can still play against a small number of players? I'd think that "ban" means something along the lines "you can't play ANY online matches during a certain period of time, lol", but maybe I'm wrong.

rjpageuk

Smash Cadet
Can somone explain to me in a nutshell how "banland" works so that you can still play against a small number of players? I'd think that "ban" means something along the lines "you can't play ANY online matches during a certain period of time, lol", but maybe I'm wrong.
We believe that if you are reported by enough other people you will be moved onto a different server that contains only the other people who have also been reported too much.

You will stay there for 1 week and then return to the normal server.

Someone termed it "banland" on here and it stuck, you can think of it like purgatory. Games are much harder in banland since the majority of people are there simply because others reported them because they dont like losing but it is also has a lot more rude and laggy players (presumably they were reported for those traits instead).

It can be frustrating because often it takes 10min+ to find a game and when you do you are just as likely to find a rude player or lagger as you are someone decent to play against meaning you need to wait another 10min+ to try to find someone else.

fehector

Smash Cadet
yes and i have the worst story behind it abx. After i went innocent for 3 weeks to hell, i came back. In a timespan of less then 24 hours i was put back. That confirms 2 things, that it is an automatic system and u need even less reports, because as a former banland villager u are still on a blacklist.

if u encourage people with your playstyle (rush down charakters or spammers...doesnt matter what) u will end there sooner or later.

1FC0

Smash Lord
How it seems to work to me is that the more reports you get the less people that you can play. So it is more like a half-ban.

Also today I kept meeting the same guy. He was named Zeke and played a pretty good and fun campy Villager. The game connected me with him even after he just left for about 2 times. He played pretty well and we got a lot of time outs.
Personally I like defensive play and R.O.B. can defend himself pretty good against Lliod followed by the catapult by firing a Gyro to detonate the Lliod and then crouching to avoid the catapult shot.

pollo20x6

Smash Journeyman
welcome to the band of banned brothers. I think those words need to be said. even here u can finde those, who are disgusted by no respect or taunt, even if they are a feauture of the game. Eeverything has to be serious until the point they report you.

Its true that u stay longer if u are reported in hell. yes even the few players have some hobbit personalitys. U dont need to search for excuses, because how u play. for that reason every beginner who is siderollspamming and spaming projectiles should be banned.

The good players are not longer welcome and the beginners can ban us by choice. yesterday i saw someone who was very long in the records after i beat him very easy and then left from there. Its obviously what he has done, because he left from there. so i could be banned because of some 25 % player, who cant even move.

Sakurai get ur **** done and repair this broken system.
Well that's BS. I was playing in hell before I realized I was there, and when I beat some guy, he was like "Reported :)"
You mean I'm going to be stuck in this botched up mode for longer?
Who the hell thought this would be a good idea?

kendikong

Smash Journeyman
If nobody is coming to your room, leave and join a new room. Its faster that way than try and wait for your broken room.

pollo20x6

Smash Journeyman
If nobody is coming to your room, leave and join a new room. Its faster that way than try and wait for your broken room.
That doesn't work.
For me, I'll leave, come back and it's still empty.
So while it does find an opponent faster, it can still take a long time to find anyone.

Also, this problem must have come with the newest update. If you google Smash banland, for glory hell or smash ban, you'll see that the majority of posts are from June onwards. Really rare to find anything pre-May. As if the requirements for entering the banland have been lowered.

Remember, people. Call Nintendo. I can't stress it enough. If they're going to fix this terrible online service, they're going to have to be aware.
Call Nintendo.
1 (800) 255-3700

Top Bottom