• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One thing about kirby

raymanbud714

Smash Journeyman
Theres one thing ill always love about kirby... his ability to copy peoples powers... but do you guys remember kirby 64? that was the best game EVAR! why? because he could mix his abilitys to make a better one. well... Sakurai is in charge of brawl and wouldn't it be great if he added that ability from kirby 64? just think about it, mixing two other characters together makeing an awesome new ability or weapon! say kirby swallows link then spits the ability out at bowser... you'll get flameing arrows? maybe? or maybe something entirely different who knows? but i think that'd make kirby so much more interesting.

Zjiin

Smash Master
I don't think they're going to put that much in depth into a unpopular character. You could give Kirby a gun, and people still wouldn't use him.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
you could mix abilities in squeak squad also...anyway this goes in the character discussion board

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I'm moving this to the Kirby board, cuz that's definitely where it belongs.

Elec Man EXE

Smash Apprentice
Way too much work for a single character. Even Sakurai's own character. Kirby's already got a lot more to be done than other characters, what with making animations for every character's special he can take, plus the hats. Doing this would increase the workload for him exponentially.

Kind of a neat idea, but not at all realistic. They'd have to delay the game till '09 just to do it, probably.

Jededi4h

Smash Cadet
Out of this world!

Man I forget how crazy Kirby 64 was sometimes. The mixed powers were all awesome, and insanely overpowered. If none of that stuff got in as a final smash then I imagine we won't be seeing them.

They were freaking cool though, and Kirby was never as powerful as he was in that game. I mean there was a Dual-Lightsaber Kirby c'mon!

Baka_Shade

Smash Apprentice
I don't think the ability mixing would lend itself so well to non-generic powers...lightning and cutter becoming lightsabers is mainly a logical jump, but what sensibly follows from a mixture of Samus and Peach, say?

Kirby is a hugely popular character, he just sucked in Melee.
There's a fantastic pun there. XD

Darkurai

Smash Master
Sakurai is a very modest man. He'd never give his own creation such an awesome ability.

Sandwich

Smash Ace
I don't think that would happen.
Maybe swallowing two abilities and getting random ala Air Ride, but no.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
I don't think the ability mixing would lend itself so well to non-generic powers...lightning and cutter becoming lightsabers is mainly a logical jump, but what sensibly follows from a mixture of Samus and Peach, say?

Samus and Peach you ask? Simple! Kirby would charge up Toads and shoot them! :chuckle::laugh: rofl

But seriously, the idea sounds uber awesome but I just don't see it happening. Plus with the size of the character roster, that would just be way to many power combinations to put into the game.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
I still have that game. One of my favorites! My favorite was fire+electric (cookie to whoever know what that is -^.^- ). Refrigerator was fun too (little slow though)

Too hard to implement sadly. If they add ability to suck in ATs then that would be ultimate awesome already enough for me. O sucking projectiles to cancel/shoot back seems cool to.

Kirby Redux

Smash Journeyman
if kirby is getting new moves, his old fans may be back with him as a main, hes a really popular character, just a lot of ppl hated his moveset in melee

raymanbud714

Smash Journeyman
well dont we have all of Sakurais main creations now? kirby, metaknight, and king dedede? why not give his own creation an awesome ability.

kunai_abuser

Smash Journeyman
It was a shame that he made his own character bad so he didn't look like he was favoring his own creation. He shouldn't think that way, Kirby deserves to be good.

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
I don't think they're going to put that much in depth into a unpopular character. You could give Kirby a gun, and people still wouldn't use him.
What? Kirby is insanely popular. Where'd you get those statistics from?

Super_alex2

Smash Journeyman
Thats actually a really good idea, I think it would be a welcome change!

If you look at kirbys FS you can see how it is kind of like that, you can't just put anything iinto the "soup", sakurai said. I think it depends on what you put in, such as superspicy curry or big mushrooms, or something like that.

shinzou

Smash Cadet
I still have that game. One of my favorites! My favorite was fire+electric (cookie to whoever know what that is -^.^- ). Refrigerator was fun too (little slow though)

Too hard to implement sadly. If they add ability to suck in ATs then that would be ultimate awesome already enough for me. O sucking projectiles to cancel/shoot back seems cool to.
I LOVED THAT ABLILTY!! He sets himself on fire!! AHAHA!

Kirbykares

Smash Cadet
What in your mind makes you think Kirby is unpopular? Why is he still around if he is unpopular?

shinzou

Smash Cadet
exactly! Kirby's really is popular... there's even an anime of him :p

and i think he's more popular in japan than anywhere else...

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
kirby will be unnerfed, but i dont think we should hope for something this huge.
i liked that one random idea, like in air ride or kirby superstar.
get a random hat if you inhale two...

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
I don't think it will be overly complicated. Maybe he can simply suck in projectiles and
release them back. Who knows? I would like to see him copy the projectiles though,
perhaps even AT's and pokeball Pokemon?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
The mix abilities should be in. His inhale should be based out of one of his games, (Kirby Squeak Squad/Kirby & the Amazing Mirror), you can inhale first, then it gets longer and stronger. But if you do it too long, Kirby would get tired in half a second. How do that sound?

Archenyte

Smash Journeyman
I don't think they could do that in 1 on 1 matches and besides, Sakurai didn't amke kirby 64

Top Bottom