• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One Piece

Beat!

Smash Master
What if Doflamingo joined Blackbeard's crew eventually?

Not saying I think it'll happen, the idea just popped into my mind.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I think if that happened, Don would be using BB for his own agenda. BB is up there, but I suspect Don right now is looking to be the "main" villain at least for now.

Beat!

Smash Master
Well, I imagine it'd be in the way theeboredone described. I agree that Dofla definitely wouldn't legitimately submit to anyone, but it wouldn't be the first time he joined up with someone else. He did become a Shichibukai, after all.

That being said, I don't think it's very likely to happen. I just found the thought interesting.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Especially with the whole 'slept too long' line as well. The only thing that gets me a bit is the cheekbones don't look quite like his.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
I hate that he still makes Nami and Usopp virtually useless till they've already pretty much won. They're due for a good one-on-one battle

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion

And they're all running away, one essentially being incapacitated.

I'm saying that if they had approached Usopp or Nami as they did Franky, they would have run away

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I like how people (Law) mess with Chopper in appearing all serious, when it's not serious at all.

Also, I was expecting dat Tashigi x Zoro.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
lolyeah, it isn't much of a "deadly weapon" if it can't actually kill.

Now, I'm 90% sure Strawhats will take Kinemon and Momonosuke with them to accomplish whatever they are going to do. /statingtheobvious

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
What purpose would there be in killing Kinemon? Nothing really. If you had taken notice of the den den mushi when shinokuni first showedup and Luffy's hands, you should have realized it was more of an incapacitator than anything.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Now, I'm 90% sure Strawhats will take Kinemon and Momonosuke with them to accomplish whatever they are going to do. /statingtheobvious
:|

I can't see them needing either of them for anything, maybe except to drop some fire knowledge on Zoro

Virgilijus

BRoomer
What purpose would there be in killing Kinemon? Nothing really. If you had taken notice of the den den mushi when shinokuni first showedup and Luffy's hands, you should have realized it was more of an incapacitator than anything.
I am not saying there aren't reasons for why he is alive. I am saying Oda needs to learn to pull the trigger on people dying. Otherwise, there is no suspense; every main character will, barring absolutely extreme circumstances (like Ace), live and be fine at the end of the day. Pell, Brownbeard, The G5 marines, Bon Clay, etc.

john!

Smash Hero
I am not saying there aren't reasons for why he is alive. I am saying Oda needs to learn to pull the trigger on people dying. Otherwise, there is no suspense; every main character will, barring absolutely extreme circumstances (like Ace), live and be fine at the end of the day. Pell, Brownbeard, The G5 marines, Bon Clay, etc.
american comic books are even worse. NOBODY stays dead in those except uncle ben.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Yeah, that's something I hate and one of the reasons I hate ongoing series. No death is permanent and no repercussion should be feared. Then what's the point of reading?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
american comic books are even worse. NOBODY stays dead in those except uncle ben.
I must admit I laughed at that.
[collapse=In my opinion]Most american comic books actually can't kill characters for several reasons:
1. Writers work with other writers, which means they can not ruin others' plans with any character for the sake of their wildest dreams.
2. They don't really have a timeline to follow. That allows them to create stuff like multiverses, paradoxes, spinoffs, and whatif's, but pretty much nothing will "fully translate" to future issues.
3. Their stories can NOT have an ending. They are suposed to keep publishing for years and years nonstop (but years-long pauses?), with a literally infinite amount of stories.

Unlike (most) anime/manga, where
1. There is only one writer who knows exactle what he/she wants for their story.
2. The story has a timeline (or several timelines within one single story).
3. The story has an ending.[/collapse]

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well for what its worth, currently Peter Parker in both Amazing and Ultimate comic book lines is dead. We'll see how long that lasts.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
To be honest though, as a reader, I have never minded killing off side/arc characters. So someone like Brown Beard, I would not have cared for. I think creators fear more of a backlash when a primary character is killed off. Reminds me of how Toriyama intended Gohan to take Goku's place after the Cell Games, only for him to receive death threats to bring Goku back.

Top Bottom