• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One Piece

drcossack

Smash Ace
I love how Oda had all of that planned out (including Brooke and Laboon) since chapter 105. Brook was introduced at what, chapter 475? That's 370 chapters where he just waited to piece together part of the puzzle. I love it. It really makes you go back and scour for where he planted those little hints :)

And I'm really wondering what Roger did i that one year between disbanding his crew and turning himself in...so many possibilities!
True - even Rayleigh appeared early on, in a Buggy flashback, but he wasn't given a name.

Buggy's flashback with Rayleigh

I wanna see Kizaru's face now.

drcossack

Smash Ace
Since we're on the subject of Admirals:

I was re-reading the Alabasta Arc and there's two instances of the Inu Inu fruit - Mr. 4's weapon had it, and Chaka did as well (Jackal form); later on, during Enies Lobby, Jyabura has the Wolf form.

It's been stated that no two copies of the same Devil Fruit can exist at one time, and it's obviously true because we haven't seen another Rubberman, Iceman, etc. Is this an inconsistency on Oda's part, or is he using the rules of scientific classification?

Domestic dogs (Mr 4's dog reminded me of a dachshund) : Canis lupus familiaris
Wolf: Canis lupus
Jackal: Chaka's based on Anubis, but Jackals also belong to the Canis family. Wiki lists five different species: Jackal

Modest_Egoist

Smash Journeyman
CT's worst Peach. Float Cancelling... what's that?
There is only one of any fruit. But the fruits can have sub-models. Chaka ate the Inu Inu fruit Model Jackal, Mr. 4's gun "ate" the Inu Inu fruit Model Dachshund, and Jyabura ate the Inu Inu fruit Model Wolf.

The same holds true for the Ushi Ushi fruit, Neku Neku fruit and Tori Tori fruit. For example, there are two users so far that had eaten and Ushi Ushi fruit, but they were different models. Dalton ate the Bison model, while Kaku ate the Giraffe model.

drcossack

Smash Ace
There a new chapter this week?

It's usually mentioned at the end of the chapter every week, and it wasn't.

I do want to see Kizaru's face.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
So far no spoilers. Some people have said that there will be no chapter this week, but I don't know how founded they were.

drcossack

Smash Ace
Guess there's no new chapter this week.

That makes me a Sad Panda

I was going to post it as an image, but Smashboards doesn't reduce it from its' original size.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
New Spoiler is out and it's a doozy!

It looks like Jewelry Bonney can make people age, Kizaru makes a whole mangrove explode with a kick, Rayleigh tells the Straw Hats that he needs 3 days to coat the ship so they'll have to survive until then, and Kizaru finds Basil "The Magician" Hawkins and Hawkins claims "He will not die today"...I have a feeling he might be a little over presumptuous!

drcossack

Smash Ace
New Spoiler is out and it's a doozy!

It looks like Jewelry Bonney can make people age, Kizaru makes a whole mangrove explode with a kick, Rayleigh tells the Straw Hats that he needs 3 days to coat the ship so they'll have to survive until then, and Kizaru finds Basil "The Magician" Hawkins and Hawkins claims "He will not die today"...I have a feeling he might be a little over presumptuous!
He won't die, he'll get his *** out of there the second Kizaru blinks.
Besides, this is One Piece. Nobody dies if it's not a flashback.

If I think about it:

Aokiji said he believes in "Lazy-*** Justice."
Akainu believes in "Absolute Justice," as shown by his willingness to destroy the evacuation ship during the Robin Gaiden.
Kizaru: Given the two extremes between Aokiji and Akainu, perhaps he's the "Happy Medium of Justice?" (since I can't think of a better name for it.) IF this is true, he'll probably just spar with Hawkins for a bit for fun, then go after the SH's.

We don't even know if he has a DF yet - Aokiji's the only Admiral shown to have one so far, and he was stated by the Gorosei to be the strongest man in Marine HQ (Gorosei with huge moustache states Aokiji is the strongest), so, for right now, Aokiji > Kizaru=Akainu.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
I think he looks pretty cool: he's modeled after a famous Japanese actor just like Aokiji is. And he seems to be somewhat goofy, possibly an inbetween for Aokiji and Akainu in terms of their theory of "Justice".

I really want to know his complete capabilities though...an entire mangrove in one kick? That's pretty impressive.

drcossack

Smash Ace
I think he looks pretty cool: he's modeled after a famous Japanese actor just like Aokiji is. And he seems to be somewhat goofy, possibly an inbetween for Aokiji and Akainu in terms of their theory of "Justice".

I really want to know his complete capabilities though...an entire mangrove in one kick? That's pretty impressive.
His looks are starting to grow on me, but I do want to see more of what he can do.

I thought about his personality and view on "Justice" as well - it makes me think he's just going to toy with Hawkins or let him go.

Out of the three, I think Akainu's the only one who'd go after the other Supernovas (for no reason); Kizaru doesn't seem like the type of person who'd go out of his way to pick a fight, and Aokiji's too lazy (most of the time)

drcossack

Smash Ace
Hate getting back to back posts, but new chapter up.

Thoughts (Yarrr, thar be spoilers):

Weeeeeeeeee Kizaru! He's a bit of an idiot (especially with his repetition), but I like it. "Man..I really overdid it there" - roflmao. He just wants an answer to his question and everybody's terrified. He's definitely the inbetween of Aokiji and Akainu.

Also: Robin development. Void Century somewhat explained

More from me later.

drcossack

Smash Ace
New spoilers out @ AP, and Oda just gets more awesome every week

Kizaru is kicking more ***. Either he's got a DF (which is still unnamed) or he's got Flash levels of speed*, and Hawkins is the guinea pig. Capone shows his ability, and Urouge and Drake join the fight. There are also apparently Kuma clones (More Pacifista? Uh-oh.) One "Kuma" appears in front of the Strawhats, and another's been attacking Urouge. Sentoumaru (the Axe guy) also shows up.

*Making a separate spoiler for this quote:
Kizaru: Well, if I can't find him.... That leaves me very, very bored
And to find a bounty head like this at time like this, there's no way I'd let you go, Basil Hawkins...!! Speed is....weight. Have you ever been kicked at the speed of light?"

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
Never seen this show. Was never a manga fan. All I know about it is that the main character can stretch real far.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Hellboy is also very good. A different kind of good, though. Personally, I own all the Hellboy volums and One Piece is much more entertaining and imaginative.

Weed

Smash Lord
hellboy is dark humor, one piece is above-average anime humor (most anime humor is ****)

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
Hellboy is also very good. A different kind of good, though. Personally, I own all the Hellboy volums and One Piece is much more entertaining and imaginative.
I like the real dark and creepy style of Hellboy. One thing that annoys me with manga is how you read it right-to-left. I still get lost with it. The only manga I've read is the first Love Hina, and that was pretty good.

PKNessEB

Smash Journeyman
Since the Social Group is moving kinda slow..

Has anyone else seen the Funimation Season One/1st Voyage box set yet?
I have just finish watching it & thought it was very cool.Alot better then how 4Kids could ever shown there version of course.I've seen One Piece when for 4Kids had it,but I like it way better since Funimation been dubbing & fixing it.Slowly reading the mangas of it.

Just wanting to hear what others who have seen it has to say.:)

I like the real dark and creepy style of Hellboy. One thing that annoys me with manga is how you read it right-to-left. I still get lost with it. The only manga I've read is the first Love Hina, and that was pretty good.
That's how it is on mangas,I have not started reading them until I started with Dragon Ball Z which is the same way.
It's really not hard to read them like that,at lease to me & others here I'm sure.Just have to adjust to it.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
I have seen a little of the FUNimation dub, but not much. That said it was much better than the 4Kids one.

On a side note: new chapter this week! :)

Modest_Egoist

Smash Journeyman
CT's worst Peach. Float Cancelling... what's that?
This arc keeps getting better and better.
I think that they're weeding out the supernovas, with Bonney, Bege, Luffy, Zoro, Killer, Kidd, and Law will be the ones that make it out. Rayleigh v Kizaru will be epic. I think since he's there it means that he's done coating. He'll probably buy enough time for the Strawhats to escape. Yet another veteran makes a sacrifice for the new era.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
I also think Oda is weeding them out for a reason: this is the New World and it's serious business. So far, almost every enemy Luffy has run into he has been able to eventually overcome on the next fight. The only exception to that is Aokiji, who completely crushed all of the Strawhats. Aokiji is on par with the Yonkou, the rulers of the New World. Now, we really have to worry about the Strawhats since the fish in this ocean are much bigger than he could possibly imagine.

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
I'm up to date on the manga. One Piece is popular for a reason. They grow a lot over time, instead of being like some other animes where the main character learns only 1 thing over a huge amount of time and don't use anything else but. One Piece's humor is just...wow...I love the humor so much so creative. Especially the introduction of Franky Centaur. "It's Backwards!!!"-Nero

Señor L

Smash Rookie
Alright a One Piece Discussion...I can obvioisly see everyone is ahead in the manga. I'm trying to catch up, but I just finished reading the Alabasta arc.

drcossack

Smash Ace
You'll love the next arcs.

Skypiea (where the US dub ended) is kinda meh, IMO, but still worth reading.
The break arc introduced
Aokiji, who's featured until the wrapup of the Enies Lobby Arc. He hasn't been seen since, but I'm sure he'll be back.
The arc before the current one (Thriller Bark) isn't really discussed in this topic (since it ended before Virgilijus first made the thread), but it
introduces a new Shichibukai (Gecko Moria) and shows some of the combat abilities of another (Bartholomew Kuma [who was first shown after Alabasta)

Not really sure if the following warrants a spoiler, but one of the things Oda LOVES to do is reintroduce plot points after several years (real time); you'll constantly find yourself going back to past chapters.

Top Bottom