• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One Hit Smash: Stage Analysis - Battlefield

Tutorials to learn how to use characters are very important. Learning the ins and outs of moves, techniques, and more just as much so. But something often overlooked but just as important is knowing what stages to pick and the benefits and disadvantages of stages in competitive play. Youtube channel One Hit Smash has created the first video in a series that aims to analyze legal stages to help those learn more about them. Here is the first video on Battlefield!

Like the video? Learn something useful? Be sure to subscribe to One Hit Smash for future content and drop a comment below to share those thoughts. Don't forget to stay tuned on Smashboards for the best in Smash video tutorials!

Comments

Missed how the ledges are janky. Spikes can safely go though the edges of the ledges on Battlefield, but not other stages.

Unless I'm mistaken.

And then my videos seemed pointless! Granted, I'm at work and haven't seen the video yet but odds are it's higher quality than mine. Not gonna stop making them though =P

One Hit Smash here, I just wanna thank everyone on this outstanding feedback, I hope you enjoy what I conjure up next. (Yes, I do have more content coming.)

A fourth option to get off of a platform is to shield drop from it. It's really difficult to do consistently, but you can get off immediately without lag and read or react to what your opponent is doing.

IMO, Miiverse should be the starter stage while BF/Dream Land 64 should be Counter Picks, and all these stages should be tied to each other just like Final Destination and the Omegas are.

Also, it IS possible to turn off those Miiverse messages if one finds them too disturbing.

Good quality, but I think it could be more deep ?
Talk about the ledges and the ledge attack traps.
Talk about the plataform height and the sweetspots that are possible because of it (like Marth tipper, Sheik's USmash).
Talk about the possibility to use the higher plataform to UThrow with MK, Charizard, Kirby...
I think that would be cool talk about the size of the stage in comparison with all the other legals stage (width and height), and list the characters who should counterpick this as the first option, and what MU you should not play in this stage...

Good video, but I really didn't learned anything, and that's surprised me.

Also forgot to mention that the balloon can help with unstaling your KO moves in the video. This means that you can stale a weak move by hitting the balloon and make a KO move fresh.

Top Bottom