• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

On vertical spacing, bubbles & the second-most-punishing character (European Social)

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Actually you can also view it this way:
We host big tournaments on 2 different dates = Twice the chance that OoC people actually have the time to attend that!
Then there also is SKTAR and SRT which will be participated by some American & Japanese Players too.
Lets make them guilty for hosting tournaments so that US players cant come here because they spent their money on US tournaments!!!
(^ irony)

But tbh, I can understand your argument, and yeah its true, but still its not that big of a deal.
Actually, BiB3 will be good anyway, no matter how many / who comes to this.
Berlin alone is probably enough to make good use of the location.
Especially since I also have contact to the FGC in Berlin ;)

So I leave that up to the OoC people if they want to go to BBI2, or BiB3 or another tournament ^^

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
I can still modify my dates, tbh I'm not sure what to do with NST, maybe we'll "cancell" it until its usual dates or something or just host it for the local attendants.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
1) Do you think spanish brawl players would attend BiB3 or BBI2?

2) And further more, do you think a spanish tournament would decrease the chance of spanish brawlers to go OoC?

1) = no ---> NST
1) = yes & 2) = no ---> NST
1) = yes & 2) = yes ---> Its your choice...

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
There are quite some players that want to attend BBI, and all of them want an NST before as a practice session, but of course we'd like to have some ooc people here and hosting this the same days as BIB3 will leave us with none.

For now I'm thinking in hosting it early augoust.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Actually you can also view it this way:
We host big tournaments on 2 different dates = Twice the chance that OoC people actually have the time to attend that!
Then there also is SKTAR and SRT which will be participated by some American & Japanese Players too.
Lets make them guilty for hosting tournaments so that US players cant come here because they spent their money on US tournaments!!!
(^ irony)

But tbh, I can understand your argument, and yeah its true, but still its not that big of a deal.
Actually, BiB3 will be good anyway, no matter how many / who comes to this.
Berlin alone is probably enough to make good use of the location.
Especially since I also have contact to the FGC in Berlin ;)

So I leave that up to the OoC people if they want to go to BBI2, or BiB3 or another tournament ^^
Ur ********...

:phone:

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
There are quite some players that want to attend BBI, and all of them want an NST before as a practice session, but of course we'd like to have some ooc people here and hosting this the same days as BIB3 will leave us with none.

For now I'm thinking in hosting it early augoust.
Well, if spanish brawlers wont come to BiB3 anyway, I dont think its that big of a deal if its on the same date.
But 1 week before or afterwards would be clearly better though for obvious reasons ^^

NNID
Budget_Player
Lol, dont be a *** next time we meet and ill tell people youre decent. mikehaze deserves a decent partner (not you)

:phone:
Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize that not giving a player who I have never heard of before and who has no notable results an interview to put up alongside the interviews of the top players in europe constitutes "being an ***". And I'm legitimately good in teams, or at least have been ever since I stopped getting stuck with scrubs. Seriously, look at my record: I've spent most of my time at tournaments before BiB2 teaming with Nyan (terrible player), and since BiB2, where I have been teaming exclusively with Bilo (who is not entirely free), my team records have been pretty damn solid.

Sure, I'm not MikeHaze good and I'll readily admit that, but you know what? I'm going to ask anyways if I'm looking. The worst-case scenario for him is getting paired up with a player who is not close to his level, but is still an incredibly solid teams player. You know, kinda like Ramin at BiB2. (For the record: now you may accuse me of being an ***.)

You coming into the thread and saying "BPC is *** in teams" is not only simply inaccurate, it's sabotaging my chances of getting a player who is at my level. I'll be damned if I perform poorly (Again!*) because I'm stuck with the NY/NJ equivalent of Brikes. Thankfully, it's been resolved (I'm teaming with a guy who is legitimately good at both DDD and Wario), but still? Seriously, that's a **** move.

* That would make SKTAR the second USA tournament in a row where I flubbed teams because I ended up paired up with a player who was terrible

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
So a Norwegian tournament. 29th of June to 1st of July.(3 day event)
Very good venue(easily 100+), Oslo.

I know Norway isn't ideal, but just putting this out there if there's any interest.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize that not giving a player who I have never heard of before and who has no notable results an interview to put up alongside the interviews of the top players in europe constitutes "being an ***". And I'm legitimately good in teams, or at least have been ever since I stopped getting stuck with scrubs. Seriously, look at my record: I've spent most of my time at tournaments before BiB2 teaming with Nyan (terrible player), and since BiB2, where I have been teaming exclusively with Bilo (who is not entirely free), my team records have been pretty damn solid.

Sure, I'm not MikeHaze good and I'll readily admit that, but you know what? I'm going to ask anyways if I'm looking. The worst-case scenario for him is getting paired up with a player who is not close to his level, but is still an incredibly solid teams player. You know, kinda like Ramin at BiB2. (For the record: now you may accuse me of being an ***.)

You coming into the thread and saying "BPC is *** in teams" is not only simply inaccurate, it's sabotaging my chances of getting a player who is at my level. I'll be damned if I perform poorly (Again!*) because I'm stuck with the NY/NJ equivalent of Brikes. Thankfully, it's been resolved (I'm teaming with a guy who is legitimately good at both DDD and Wario), but still? Seriously, that's a **** move.

* That would make SKTAR the second USA tournament in a row where I flubbed teams because I ended up paired up with a player who was terrible
In interesting response full of assumptions that, coincidentally, make me seem the cause of your problems. First, I forgot all about the interview. Attempting to get interviewed, as you may have perceived it, was simply an experiment - I tried to see how far I could push you. No, even in Berlin it wasn't on my mind for a single second.
I will explain why I think you're an idiot. My first impression of you was mostly negative. You came across as a pretentious, insecure guy, who tried to impress the crowd - Ramin - by continuously saying this like "Oh ****, get hyped!". There was not a single bit of confidence in your act. Instead, your hyperactive, faked personality only reinforced my preconceptions about you. You are someone who thinks exhausting people on the internet by writing walls of text is your only way of being right, or feeling superior. In reality, as I've witnessed in Berlin, you are simply an insecure guy who wants to feel popular.
Second, it's really classy to call your partners scrubs, when it was you who couldn't get a better one. You are above average at best, and that is only considering the European scene. I understand you want to prove you're worth something, but you haven't. Regarding your example with Ramin, I don't mind. Whether it's true or not, I haven't played the game more than ten times a year for the last two years. Taking this into account, my teams record is still better than yours. And Ramin isn't that good in teams compared to his singles skills, and he knows that. For me it's the other way around.
Third, you're making johns. Even before the tournament has begun, you're making excuses for not performing well, even accusing your future partner of being the cause of your failure. You have a lot to learn, my friend. You look like a thirty year old, no offense, but you act like a twelve your old.

And myself? I am just a guy who enjoys watching people desperately trying to establish themselves. My advice? Take a step back and realise what your attitude towards the world and society is.

But because I like typing stuff, I'm not done yet. I will now criticize your gameplay. You lack the intellectual capabilities and mindset to ever become a good player. And to argue this statement, I will use a method made popular by a Mckinsey consultant, induction. Your style is based on knowing matchups. You don't adapt. If someone knows a matchup better than you, you lose. And considering that the scum across the atlantic plays a lot more than you do, you will lose. By comparison, I don't know any matchups, except maybe the snake one. I also lack the tech skill to consistently win matches. However, I do have the intellectual capabilities to perform well in teams.

Oh well, I got bored and ****, not finishing this. Brotha, stop raging and start thinking. Your social skills are seriously lacking.

istudying

Smash Lord
In interesting response full of assumptions that, coincidentally, make me seem the cause of your problems. First, I forgot all about the interview. Attempting to get interviewed, as you may have perceived it, was simply an experiment - I tried to see how far I could push you. No, even in Berlin it wasn't on my mind for a single second.
I will explain why I think you're an idiot. My first impression of you was mostly negative. You came across as a pretentious, insecure guy, who tried to impress the crowd - Ramin - by continuously saying this like "Oh ****, get hyped!". There was not a single bit of confidence in your act. Instead, your hyperactive, faked personality only reinforced my preconceptions about you. You are someone who thinks exhausting people on the internet by writing walls of text is your only way of being right, or feeling superior. In reality, as I've witnessed in Berlin, you are simply an insecure guy who wants to feel popular.
Second, it's really classy to call your partners scrubs, when it was you who couldn't get a better one. You are above average at best, and that is only considering the European scene. I understand you want to prove you're worth something, but you haven't. Regarding your example with Ramin, I don't mind. Whether it's true or not, I haven't played the game more than ten times a year for the last two years. Taking this into account, my teams record is still better than yours. And Ramin isn't that good in teams compared to his singles skills, and he knows that. For me it's the other way around.
Third, you're making johns. Even before the tournament has begun, you're making excuses for not performing well, even accusing your future partner of being the cause of your failure. You have a lot to learn, my friend. You look like a thirty year old, no offense, but you act like a twelve your old.

And myself? I am just a guy who enjoys watching people desperately trying to establish themselves. My advice? Take a step back and realise what your attitude towards the world and society is.

But because I like typing stuff, I'm not done yet. I will now criticize your gameplay. You lack the intellectual capabilities and mindset to ever become a good player. And to argue this statement, I will use a method made popular by a Mckinsey consultant, induction. Your style is based on knowing matchups. You don't adapt. If someone knows a matchup better than you, you lose. And considering that the scum across the atlantic plays a lot more than you do, you will lose. By comparison, I don't know any matchups, except maybe the snake one. I also lack the tech skill to consistently win matches. However, I do have the intellectual capabilities to perform well in teams.

Oh well, I got bored and ****, not finishing this. Brotha, stop raging and start thinking. Your social skills are seriously lacking.
Stop making people cry.

NNID
Budget_Player
Not really much to say here beyond "you're wrong". And maybe "you're ********". As for why I write walls of text... I really want to make it clear just why people are wrong, and what's wrong with how they're thinking.

Second, it's really classy to call your partners scrubs, when it was you who couldn't get a better one.
You don't know why I'm so salty about KTAR6, do you? Lemme explain it to you, then. In the run-up to the tournament, I was looking for a partner who was legit, and a few people told me that the guy I ended up teaming with was both a) looking for a partner and b) really good. At the tournament, we placed dead last in doubles, and a lot of people responded with "yeah, that guy's free beyond belief. Why'd you team with him?" (he placed dead last in singles, as well, while I went on to get 33rd). In short: I got ****ed. Everyone knew that this guy was bad. I ended up with him because I was flat-out lied to about his skill. Everyone who knew him knew that he was terrible.

And you know what? When it comes to Nyan and Slay? Yeah. Just because I can't get a better partner is not a sign that I'm bad at teams, or a sign that my partner is good. In case you haven't noticed, I'm not calling people like Bilo or Faab or Chair or Chozo or anyone legitimate free – I'm calling people who know that they're mediocre at best free. When I call my teammate free, one of two things is going on: either they know that they're free, or they're the only people who don't. I don't blame my partner unless I'm sure. If you consider telling the truth a **** move... well, **** off.

You are above average at best, and that is only considering the European scene. I understand you want to prove you're worth something, but you haven't.
Yeah, I'm aware that I'm not a top player. Your point? Guess what: I don't care. I'm going to ask Ramin, and Orion, and MikeHaze, and anyone else who isn't free if they want to team with me, because I feel that I am legitimately good in doubles, and you butting in to say "BPC is free LOLOLO" goes beyond being an *******.

Regarding your example with Ramin, I don't mind. Whether it's true or not, I haven't played the game more than ten times a year for the last two years. Taking this into account, my teams record is still better than yours.
Yeah, if your metrics are ****ed. You've been to one international, and teamed with the single best player there (and still didn't place first!). I team with a player who is about at my level and do pretty damn well at a whole bunch of tournaments.

Third, you're making johns. Even before the tournament has begun, you're making excuses for not performing well, even accusing your future partner of being the cause of your failure.
Err... No, I didn't. Look again. In no way did I complain about my current partner. I merely said that I really didn't want to get paired off with a scrub again. Or would Ramin be "making excuses for not performing" well if he complained that he constantly had to carry Schtizzel?

You have a lot to learn, my friend. You look like a thirty year old, no offense, but you act like a twelve your old.
Says the guy who doesn't know me, and has met me a grand total of once.

You know what I got from this? "Stop trying so hard, you're making yourself look bad." I didn't know that you were the worst kind of hipster, Jumpman. ^_^

I have work to do. No ****. Here's the thing though: I'm improving. To claim that I am unable to ever become a good player... I'm sorry, but you're wrong. And, I might add, a complete ****weed. And you know what else? Funny thing... My highly reactionary style works exceptionally well in teams. At least, compared to singles. And it's working just fine in singles, too.

LOL. Says the guy who met me for a few minutes at a tournament almost a year ago. **** off.

Hey SKTAR looks like fun.
WHOBO too.

Maybe I'll go.
If you go to SKTAR I need a rematch against your ZSS in minus.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
You're not actually replying to what I posted, you're making assumptions about my thoughts or conclusions in every part of your post. Read what I post instead. I post what I mean, there are no unspoken thoughts. Never said **** about your reactionary style for example.

NNID
Budget_Player
You're not actually replying to what I posted, you're making assumptions about my thoughts or conclusions in every part of your post. Read what I post instead. I post what I mean, there are no unspoken thoughts. Never said **** about your reactionary style for example.
Yeah, I said that. Because I recognize that my style is heavily reaction-based. I honestly don't think you read my post if that's the impression you got from it. If you think that I am out of line calling my partner a scrub when my partner is legitimately bad at the game, then you are wrong. You say I'm making assumptions, but it's very hard to read that post and not pick up on the context of comments like "You are above average at best, and that is only considering the European scene. I understand you want to prove you're worth something, but you haven't.".

NNID
Budget_Player
quiK just posted a callout on GSB that I thought was so good, that it was worth translating and reposting here.

quiKsilver said:
You should know that I'm not a man of hasty words. But I would like to announce something, above all to Cadet and Ascwolf: Cadet was right, when he said during our matches, "We created a monster". Praised be he, who created Samus's moveset in Brawl-, and who gave me endless fun and ****. My opponents will sink in sick 0-deaths and merciless spam.
TL;DR: I'm not just gonna win Brawl-, I'm going to WRECK YOU ALL.
That's... a pretty ****ing badass callout. Especially when you're talking to the guy who created the game you're playing. ^_^

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
To europeans who are going to SKTAR...
I'M ****ING JEALOUS! =/
jk Have a good time at the tourney.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Yeah, I said that. Because I recognize that my style is heavily reaction-based. I honestly don't think you read my post if that's the impression you got from it. If you think that I am out of line calling my partner a scrub when my partner is legitimately bad at the game, then you are wrong. You say I'm making assumptions, but it's very hard to read that post and not pick up on the context of comments like "You are above average at best, and that is only considering the European scene. I understand you want to prove you're worth something, but you haven't.".
I actually wanted you to respond to my advice, because proving my data or opinion on you isn't accurate is just not constructive. I want you to realise your attitude is crap.

Top Bottom