• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

On vertical spacing, bubbles & the second-most-punishing character (European Social)

Luigi player

Smash Master
Yeah they don't care what anyone does since the usa shows that he's apparently broken nothing else matters. And if he is broken it won't be any different anywhere else.

NNID
Budget_Player
Hey guys, I need help.

I already think about quitting.

You know... my problem is...

That I'm really sick of MK... ban discussions.

Any idea how to stop that stupidity going on in Europe lately?
Yeah they don't care what anyone does since the usa shows that he's apparently broken nothing else matters. And if he is broken it won't be any different anywhere else.
Amen to that. But it goes a step further... http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=312713

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Hm, I don't really perceive that to be much more than the response of scrubs at a local. I understand why it would upset you, but whatever. You haven't seen WAR yet.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
BPC I don't get you, you play a character that is ugly to watch and ugly to play against and you want the community to be behind you ? Aren't you a little delusional ?

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Hey telu, could you perhaps link me to the french mk-banning thread, I'm not gonna post or anything just curious who's pro/anti ban, I know leon is anti ban but wondering what the others are thinking

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Discriminating against a player because you think his character looks "ugly". If everyone were to go that route, this community would be done for.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
BPC I don't get you, you play a character that is ugly to watch and ugly to play against and you want the community to be behind you ? Aren't you a little delusional ?
Diddy Kong is ****ing disgusting to watch or play against but I'm still cheering for Lp. It's not the character's fault if somebody's not getting the credit he's looking for.

:059:

NNID
Budget_Player
Or at least not booing. In regards to what Gheb said, it's not even like Lp vs. Staco or something like that; it's like Kunai vs. Bjay–the serious underdog is winning for some reason. God, I wish there was less of a split opinion here (i.e. there weren't some thickheaded people here), because it's getting kinda pathetic on GSB.

"Name me one MK who has beat a top player without genuinely being really good." "Cadet."

I mean, there's just so much wrong with that, it's not even funny. Yes, I'm not a good player because I main Metaknight. And yes, my two wins against Quik in that bracket with the ruleset that had like 18 counterpicks (out of like 7 sets that night, most of which he trounced me) should count as "beating a top player". :awesome:

I think I should just learn Japanese and move there. -.-

NNID
Budget_Player
Even is a little too nice, IMO. It was not quite even. But damn if it wasn't "close enough" to generate hype in that situation... if I had mained any other character. And as Crifer pointed out, the "getting booed by the crowd" thing was me overreacting... I got booed by like two people; most of the others were either simply for Quiksilver (members of his crew, or people from his area) or indifferent... I guess I just heard it wrong.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
It's not because you play MK, it's because MK can win without the player being intelligent. Other chars need more reads/timing etc. MK is easier to play. I myself suck with MK, because I don't practice (or have the motivation to). I get ****ed because under pressure I used to be unable to make reads, which was my only weapon.

The first tourney I did well (which was in '08), the entire crowd, which consisted of melee players, told me the char got me to GFs. 'course I understand it's annoying, but don't be a *****.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
We shouldn't be getting overly sensitive to people hating on characters or making remarks about tier whoring/playing easy characters. Most of that is done in jest and definitely doesn't imply "OMG ban". A lot of this is fixated on MK right now, but do you really think people who play Olimar or Ice Climbers generate hype? Dedede doesn't get much hate anymore because he's rare and not very viable these days, but people used to complain about him all the ****ing time when he was top tier. Same with Snake when he was the best in the game, actually. Want to move it to Melee? No one likes Jigglypuff, Ice Climbers and Young Link (lol). At the same time people don't really care about character choice and the ones who genuinely do aren't worth your time because they're ultimately not that competitive.

BPC, you get upset way too easily. Try to answer for yourself why you care about acknowledgement so much. I can sympathize to a certain extent, but can you really say you've never been a **** to people yourself? You came into the community being super sure of your competitive views and I think that set the tone for how people sometimes treat you now, because they probably figure that someone who can indiscriminately dish it out like that, can also take it. I don't know if people genuinely dislike you (I don't think so), but you've created a character for yourself that doesn't warrant much pity. I'd assume that your need for your improvement to be praised is a reaction to people putting you down when you were just mad and not much of a player, but if no one can drop the past, we're not getting ahead.

(Probably gonna make that European tier list topic today.)

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
We're just efficient like that, something the Germans were known for till they started hosting Brawl tournaments. :troll:

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
xDDDD

Pretty much this. Norway way to far away for most of us :/
Especially when its not 100 people at least or something similar big.

But I'll leave my "interest" here nevertheless, maybe I could manage to get there somehow xDDD

AfroTwist ShadowPie

Smash Journeyman
We could get a big venue and setups if necessary, so if people were willing to get off their CUTE LITTLE TUSHIES, getting alot of people wouldn't be a problem

BE WE ALL KNOW THAT AINT GONNA HAPPEN

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
We're just efficient like that, something the Germans were known for till they started hosting Brawl tournaments. :troll:
1 camp, 1.3mil deaths. That's efficient if I ever saw it.

Well that's just inappropriate.

no hate towards germans

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Yeah you should contact italy, would be cool to see them on tournaments and bavaria isnt that far.

But well... when they dont even go to tournaments in Austria, Italy seems unlikely :X

Top Bottom