• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

...On second thought, Rumble Falls isn't all that bad.

Ryazan

Smash Ace
NOOOOOOOOOO.

I absolutely loathe the scrolling stages. And even if I didn't, Rumble Falls is too similar to Icicle Mountain from Melee.

AlexX

Smash Ace
NOOOOOOOOOO.

I absolutely loathe the scrolling stages. And even if I didn't, Rumble Falls is too similar to Icicle Mountain from Melee.
No, it isn't... It moves at a reasonable pace and actually gives 7 seconds of warning before speeding up. Icicle Mountain was so random and insane you were better off letting the stage kill your enemies.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
Its not icicle mountain. Thankfully...

But tis still similar. I NEVER play this stage. It has killed me maybe five times because I get stuck under the **** platforms and it keeps scrolling.

Spikes are annoying also. But I never thought about planting C4 under them (heh... ;))

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
The music is the only redeeming thing about this stage, and since I have the Brawl soundtrack on my iPod, I don't play on it.

127crazie

Smash Journeyman
It's better than Icicle Mountain. Still not very tolerable, but it's slower, has a prettier background, and has better music.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Rumble Falls and Icicle Mountain are similar, but different, I'll try to do a compare and contrast for those who have not played one (or both) of them.

-similarities: they both: scroll vertically, have a repeating pattern, have impassible ground, have walk offs, and active terrain.

-Icicle Mountain: can scroll up or down, unpredictably accelerates, has no damaging or lethal hazards.

-Rumble Falls: will only scroll up. gives a heads up warning on acceleration, has damaging/lethal spikes.

Thats what the two of them look like put side by side.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I actually enjoy this stage as one of my more favorites. However I don't play it much because everyone else loathes it and deems it Icicle mountain 2. It's much more beautiful, slower, more predictable and more functioning. You can form strategies and mindgames based on the stage and it's not such a focus on constantly jumping.

Plus it has the best music. Still it is only a stage for fun much like Warioware as it has little competitive value (though I believe it could if they made adjustments to it). Still one gripe I have with it is that it speeds up. yes you get a warning but still you have to stop everything to focus on climbing and attacking. If it wasn't for that and te spikes (and if it was a wee slower) i'd be fighting tooth and nail for it to be used competitively.

-Phoenix-

Smash Cadet
Yeah this stage is quite annoying just like Icicle Mountain. You worry more about the stage scrolling up then fighting. Its sadden me that i'll nearly never hear some of those songs because I don't want to pick that stage. :(

Arrian

Smash Rookie
I find I don't mind it as much because so many of the other stages are bad enough that it makes rumble falls tolerable.

Ørion

Smash Ace
Icicle mountain has worse music, is faster and more unpredictable, and is larger so you cannot memorize it as easily. Rumble falls has those thorns that spike you and switches that you can mess your opponent up with.

Shiranui117

Smash Cadet
NNID
Shiranui117
Yeah, the spikes and the speed-up do Rumble Falls in. Aside from that, it's fun. Bramble Blast is one of my favorite songs, too.

Lucky 1276

Smash Rookie
it's not that bad if you use a character with DECENT recovery..and can move faster than ike (sorry to all the ike fans!)

AbsoluteZero255

Smash Journeyman
Uh... I don't really think so. I know, it scrolls at a reasonable pace, but my only problem with it is the spikes. I try to go up, then I get hit by a spike, and get OHKO'd.

And I never really took advantage of the spikes.

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
one of my least favorites. That first spike(you know tilted down and to the right) always finds a way to hit me when im jumping up...

I swear it must be moving or something.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I would rather play Rumble Falls than Rainbow Cruise and Poke Floats(melee) any day of the week.

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
I think this stage needs to be given a chance, it feels that nobody even played this stage because of Icicle Mountain and wrote it off too quickly.

- The spikes can easily be avoided. Let's be real here, the stage repeats itself right? So you should know where everything is. It's not like it's going to magically change for some reason. The switches isn't even close to game-breaking. If something like that throws you off, that's your problem.

- It tells you when it's going to speed up, so where's the randomness in that?

- I don't see how walk-offs are a big deal in this stage. If it's constantly scrolling vertically, how are you going to camp the edge that well? Especially if it speeds up.

- Seeing the floatiness in Brawl in general, I don't see how fighting is going to be a problem.

If anything, this should be a counterpick. I don't see how you all are getting killed off like that. Anyway, I'm not forcing anyone to change their minds it's only an opinion after all.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
- The spikes can easily be avoided. Let's be real here, the stage repeats itself right? So you should know where everything is. It's not like it's going to magically change for some reason. The switches isn't even close to game-breaking. If something like that throws you off, that's your problem.
Because your opponent is certainly not going to try and hit you into a death hazard >_>

- It tells you when it's going to speed up, so where's the randomness in that?
The warning (and therefore the speedup) occurs at random.

- I don't see how walk-offs are a big deal in this stage. If it's constantly scrolling vertically, how are you going to camp the edge that well? Especially if it speeds up.
There are absolutely no walk-offs here.

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
I don't mind this stage too much except for the split-your-attention-between-the-stage-and-the-fighting part, obviously. This level has some of the best music in the game IMO which just makes me wish that they would have a level with the competitive goodness of say Dream Land or FD with the music and scenery of Donkey Kong. The way I see it is, if a game series has a scrolling level in smash, it deserves another level... that is good.

G J Cod

Smash Cadet
Rumble falls is pretty. Bramble Blast is like the best DK song ever. I dont like brawling there, but i enjoy getting a good laugh from people screwing up on that stage!

-Frozen-

Smash Cadet
I love the music in the stage, which is unfortunate, cause i never really choose it.

In all my experiences battling on Rumble Falls, my opponents and I worry more about outrunning the fast scrolling stage trying not to die as it moves up as opposed to fighting each other, and the matches just seem to drag on and on and on.... @_@

Nah, not a huge fan of Rumble Falls. I prefer Jungle Japes to it anyday.
There's really no reason in having to worry about outrunning a scrolling stage when your full focus should be on beating the snot out of your opponent. :laugh:
Too bad Kongo Jungle never came back either. xP

Top Bottom