• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OMFG pokemon trainer

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
For the moving stages, and stages like bridge of eldin, The Trainer could easily just issue commands from one of the levitating platforms that characters are resurrected on, just set in the background.

Also, what happens to the Trainer when a pokemon like Lugia or Ho-Oh or even Palutena rampages and attacks through the background?

:confused:

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Say hello to tournament team battles with 2v2 where all four players are PT. Also, get ready for ridiculous PT dittos. But who's expecting a fun PT target test? Is everyone going to Race To The Finish with Squirtle? Will PT be one of the best or one of the worst? What if you could unlock new pokemon, and always pick three to do battle with?

Thats pushing it.

Lit

Smash Ace
I was so suprised when i saw some of the pokemon starters on smashdojo home page. I was like ftw is this, my friend told me that this update was the best. I thought they finally announced falco or wolf or sumthin but all i see there is some ASh ketchum pokemon on the screen. But yea i have to agree this was a pretty bold move, I guess nintendo REALLY wants to support the games that made it wat it is today. But this, yeah this i a lil bit to far i think.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I think the PT will get some type of levitating...uh thing. Or at least something that lets him fly in the background. (As certain stages need him to do so)

Perhaps it could be a generic flying platform? How about a winged Pokemon? Maybe he'll get that Pokemon Snap vehicle?

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Sakurai continues to amaze me with his ability to take a bad idea and make it good. Including the pokémon trainer on his own would have been a terrible idea, but I'm actually excited about this solution. I wonder if Charizard will still be a pokémon that you can get in pokéballs. I hope so.

As for the final smash, I have no idea what it will be. There are many possibilities:

1) All 3 pokémon fight simultaneously, each unleashing a powerful attack
2) Each of the 3 pokémons has a separate FS
3) The PT throws out several pokéballs that all unleash random pokémons from the standard arsenal, with one being legendary (I don't know if I like this one as much)

About this confirming other characters because "anyone can be in now", that's silly. This doesn't confirm/deconfirm anyone. Though I will say it makes Lucario very likely to be in a pokéball rather than on the roster. Along with Pikachu, Jigglypuff and Mewtwo, this already makes 6 playable pokémons, and I don't think there should be too many more.

Overall, this is a great idea.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
what happens if you switch out a pokemon while its holding an item... what happens to it?
I'm sure one pokemon could pass the item to the next when they 'tag' for the switch.

This character is so exciting! :laugh:

Keku

Smash Apprentice
It's alot of work for the developers.. 3 different movesets for just one character. Feels a bit like a waste, but hey, if they manage over 30 characters, I don't complain. I'm just wondering if they can implement the character well.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Ya know, I was so excited about this update that I didn't realize there was another as well.

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
um i love this update i wonder if there a female pokemn trainer it would be awesome if they used May from PK Ruby/Sapphire

kirby will have 3 new hats?

Blackadder what wrong whit gimmics?

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Just thought:

Wouldn't it be lame to hear "THIS GAMES WINNER IS.....POKEMON TRAINERRRR!!!!!" at the end of a match?

Maybe it will announce the pokemon you finished with instead...

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
kk...I really don't wana re-type things...so i'm just gona quote myself from the Red thread itself...

O.o

O........M.........G........

NO.......F'N.......WAY

This is MADDNESS! >_<

kk...as it seems theres already been like at least THREE "i want to see Dain's responce" posts already....i've got some explaining to do...

kk...here it goes...

first off.....by some freak of nature turn of events...Red is in Brawl as a PC....meaning I was wrong...I still don't know how it happened, but Red is a PC >_<

but o a small credit to myself, most of my arguments stand still to reason....like I said said countless time, stuff like "Red can't fight, he just hides behind his pokemon, meaning he will not be playable"....I was partially right, it really isn't him fighting....like always, he just hides behind his pokemon...not really the centralized character...

but what I didn't see coming......was that someone could still be a PC.....without actually fighting (does that sound f'd up enough) you can't really blame me...I mean, Red's playstyle, is one that has NEVER been implemented into smash before....switching between three characters...NOBODY ever though of that >_>

I'm not saying I am all "Mr. Right" here....Red is in (ouch) and I was wrong....I accept that....

BUT...what I said many a times before is true....Red dosn't fight....he hides behind his pokemon......I just failed to see how sakurai could turn something like THAT into a character....

in all....in a sad twist of fate....I have to..."adjust" my sig a bit....and I force out an apology to all Red supoorters ( sorry ) ....however the F*#% this happened...I don't know...

ths update...is DainBramaging.....Red is PC ( O.o) ....the only small tad of remorce I get.....is that Charizard is playable (always wanted, though doubted charizard).....just never thought he'd be implemented this way.......

>_< and the other sad part....I can't even beat the $*^% out of Red for my revenge.....as he just stands there......taunting you during battle (time for a stage like......big blue?)

enjoy my screwed uo sig :(...........I was wrong >_<

Edit~....this proves that Sakurai really is going all out on Brawl.....>_<
there....

Best. Update. Ever.

LOL that guy with the banner of all the SSBB characters will have to do some major editing. :p
indeed....I actually spent many hours trying to edit my banner....hopefully it isn't noticable :p

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Ok. I'm going to set a bad example. I'm so sorry, there's nothing I can do. It's going to be spam :( I can feel it taking over... just for one post. There's really only one thing to say:

Wow.

burrito

Smash Lord
About this confirming other characters because "anyone can be in now", that's silly. This doesn't confirm/deconfirm anyone. Though I will say it makes Lucario very likely to be in a pokéball rather than on the roster. Along with Pikachu, Jigglypuff and Mewtwo, this already makes 6 playable pokémons, and I don't think there should be too many more.
You're right that this doesn't confirm other characters, but it does demonstrate the possibility of having characters with more original movesets such as Captain Olimar. Plus, it also shows that it is possible to have a dragon-like character such as Ridley playable because of Charizard.

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
You're right that this doesn't confirm other characters, but it does demonstrate the possibility of having characters with more original movesets such as Captain Olimar. Plus, it also shows that it is possible to have a dragon-like character such as Ridley playable because of Charizard.
speaking of movesets, i think the reasons that sakurai picked these particular pokemon is because there final smashes are obvious....(for Charizard at least):grin:

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Maybe is final smash is that he will use Pokemon change and then randomly throw out Dialga and he will use roar of time. XD

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
this was an ingenious way to allow us to play more pokemon characters, but without taking up too many slots. being able to play as the different pokemon look fun. i can just imagine the combos lol. very innovative and this kind of updates show how much sakurai is really trying to make this game stand out. BRAWL IS GOING TO BE TOO GOOD...peace

-hiroshi

Pima

Smash Journeyman
I must say.... wow

I'ts all that can come out of my mouth at this time XD I really loved it

The only bad thing is not playing as Blastoise =(, but whatever, the character is still sweet

IllidR

Smash Champion
I love this update. I always wanted to play as squirtle. However, i am worried that each of their "stamina" may not be too long and you won't get to stick as your favorite for a good amount of time. I also hope that pokemon doesn't get too many character slots, cause that is how it seems. Anyway, overall i love it.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I wonder, would the final smash correspond to the Pokemon you're using?

Squirtle: Hydro Cannon
Ivysaur: Frenzy Plant
Charizard: Blast Burn

Eh whatever.

Update surprised the living hell out of me. Pokemon Trainer better not **** with Lucario's chances in Brawl...

Foxman15

Smash Journeyman
This makes me wonder how many playable characters there are going to be... LOTS is what I have in mind.

Xaron Fisk

Smash Journeyman
actually, no i think it would just be the trainer on the tiers. the pokemon seem like complete characters, but the fatigue thing makes everything more a team effort.

it will be frustrating if you're dominating someone with squirtle and then he runs out of stamina and you have to switch out mid combo or something weird like that. i hope the fatigue doesn't set in too quickly or the pokemon are strong enough that it wouldn't matter much, because thats the kind of thing that could land him in low tier. it'll be fun as crap though

Top Bottom