• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omega's Wario

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
For Snake, don't always try to DJ over him. As you saw in the vids Snake would usually go ahead and do a wall of Nair. Try regular SH Airdodges to get close to him sometimes. Also, a bunch of times he would grab Snake he coulda gotten an Fsmash off and killed him sooner.

He didn't abuse Snake's horrible options in the air and chase him much, he should be a bit more aggressive edgeguarding Snake since he not only can eat the cypher but he can juggle him like mad.

I'll watch the ROB one sometime.

Edit: K he played a lot different vs ROB at times, was a lot more aggressive and tried to edgeguard more compared to the Snake vid.

U can SDI ROB's Dsmash to pop slightly up and escape, which is very handy in living longer and for punishing ROB's Dsmash.

Omega.

Smash Rookie
For Snake, don't always try to DJ over him. As you saw in the vids Snake would usually go ahead and do a wall of Nair. Try regular SH Airdodges to get close to him sometimes. Also, a bunch of times he would grab Snake he coulda gotten an Fsmash off and killed him sooner.

He didn't abuse Snake's horrible options in the air and chase him much, he should be a bit more aggressive edgeguarding Snake since he not only can eat the cypher but he can juggle him like mad.

I'll watch the ROB one sometime.

Edit: K he played a lot different vs ROB at times, was a lot more aggressive and tried to edgeguard more compared to the Snake vid.

U can SDI ROB's Dsmash to pop slightly up and escape, which is very handy in living longer and for punishing ROB's Dsmash.
Uhm, I find difficulties in approaching Snake in that way because of his **** ftilt :/ (also the grab, **** nair...)
Apart from this I agree with you, probably I have to speed up myself and play more aggresively against snake

thx a lot for the other advice :)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Uhm, I find difficulties in approaching Snake in that way because of his **** ftilt :/ (also the grab, **** nair...)
Apart from this I agree with you, probably I have to speed up myself and play more aggresively against snake

thx a lot for the other advice :)
OR, when you DJ fast fall airdodge towards Snake and he will either miss or be forced to Fast fall if we wants to try and hit you. Then, depending on what he does, you can back off at the last minute and watch as he suffers from landing lag, you can continue going towards him and clap him while he is still in the air, or you can do Fsmash or whatever.

The thing about doing the SH airdodges is that if he wants to stop you from DJ with his Nair, he has to start getting in the air a bit after you jump. If you fake him out and just do the SH instead of doing a DJ, then you just made Snake jump for no reason lol. :)

stnapknah

Smash Journeyman
I only watched the matches posted and it is indeed a good Wario, however, more bite! and down throw.. it leads to a lot more options than back/forward/up.

Omega.

Smash Rookie
OR, when you DJ fast fall airdodge towards Snake and he will either miss or be forced to Fast fall if we wants to try and hit you. Then, depending on what he does, you can back off at the last minute and watch as he suffers from landing lag, you can continue going towards him and clap him while he is still in the air, or you can do Fsmash or whatever.

The thing about doing the SH airdodges is that if he wants to stop you from DJ with his Nair, he has to start getting in the air a bit after you jump. If you fake him out and just do the SH instead of doing a DJ, then you just made Snake jump for no reason lol. :)

Yeah but the problem is that if Snake does the nair "well" it results in almost no lag :/ I tried many times vs Malva's Snake to approach him and gain advantage 'cause of the lag but almost of the time I ended up being punished by uptilt. Anyway, of course it could work, I guess I simply have to do it faster.

Uh, the last part is actually very interesting, I'll try that for sure, thx again :)

the wario forums make me sad, they are so...dead.
oh and pretty good wario omega
thank you :bee:

I only watched the matches posted and it is indeed a good Wario, however, more bite! and down throw.. it leads to a lot more options than back/forward/up.
Uh, yeah that's a bad habit of mine, although at high % I prefer do the fthrow and try some edgeguard...
About the bite, I consider it a very risky move so I do it only after a dair or nair.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Dthrow really doesn't lead into that much. If the people just jump or roll away, we're hard pressed to follow up with anything.

stnapknah

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I know, but if you can predict their roll then you can re-grab and if they jump, well, hey, now they're in the air where you want them.

And yeah Omega, forward throw is good at higher %'s

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
omegas wario was very impressive he was sdi really good and could play good against the rob player overall i would gibve him a 9.9 out of 10 (he barely used chomp thats the .1)

Top Bottom