• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omega 3DS Stages Catagories and Blueprints Data

clydeaker

Smash Journeyman
Although many tournaments consider Final Destination and all omega stages to be one and the same, I'm going to share the data I collected on how you should classify omega stages. I created stage builder blueprints of each 3DS stage in order to capture the exact proportions of each stage. I used the 2D Ω Flat Zone 2 to get the most accurate proportions without any 3D objects messing with the perspective and I used Mega Man because he's the closest size to marios 2x3 grid size without a constantly changing standing animation. I tested it to make sure the blast lines are as accurate as possible.
I divided each 3DS omega stage into 4 main categories: Walls, Pillar, Asymmetric, and Open.

As you can see Walls is the most common followed by Open, Asymmetric, and finally Pillar.

Category 1: Walls
- Gerudo Valley Ω/ Tortimer Island Ω
Note: the further down the wall the further away the walls get from the central y-axis.
[blueprint photo will be included when finished]

- Paper Mario Ω/ Green Hill Zone Ω/ Balloon Fight Ω
Note: Grass increases traction and decreases pivot distance. On Balloon Fight characters and other entities are flattened into 2D projections.

- Golden Plains Ω

Note: grass increases traction and decreases pivot distance.

- Mushroomy Kingdom Ω/ Yoshi's Island Ω/ Dream Land Ω/ Unova Pokemon League Ω/ Reset Bomb Forest Ω/ Wario Ware, Inc. Ω/ Distant Planet Ω/ Boxing Ring Ω/ Living Room Ω/ Tomodachi Life Ω/ Picto Chat 2 Ω/ Wiley Castle Ω/ Pac-Maze Ω
Note: on Reset Bomb Forest Ω the edges jut out a bit; on Pac-Maze Ω characters and other entities are flattened into 2D projections. Boxing Ring Ω and Wiley Castle Ω are the exact same as their Wii U counterparts.

- Find Mii Ω
Note: the further down the wall the closer the wall is to the central y-axis.
Category 2: Pillar
- Arena Ferox Ω
Note: a pillar is located underneath the stage in the middle.
Category 3: Asymmetric
- Final Destination/ Final Destination Ω
Note: if the Ω form stage is selected in the Wii U version, the bright flash that transitions from the planets' background to the sky background no longer makes the fighters silhouettes. Other than that they are exactly the same. Underside of stage has asymmetrical collision. Exact same as Wii U counter part.

- Battlefield Ω
Note: underside of stage has asymmetrical collision. Exact same as Wii U counter part.
Category 4: Open
- Gaur Plains Ω
Note: the central pillar is part of the background and can be passed through. Exact same as Wii U counterpart.

- Flat Zone 2 Ω
Note: characters and other entities are flattened into 2D projections. Exact same as Flat Zone X Ω on the Wii U.

- Rainbow Road Ω/ Prism Tower Ω/ Jungle Japes Ω/ Spirit Train Ω/ Corneria Ω/ Magicant Ω
Note: slightly lower underneath than 3D Land.

- 3D Land Ω/ Brinstar Ω/ Mute City Ω
Note: completely open underneath.
Blueprint Key
Red Lines = Blast Lines (top blast line is accurate and side blast lines are 1 grid point too close in comparison to Final Destination)
Green Lines = Camera View
Cyan Lines = Middle Lines
Black Lines = Grid Lines
Dark Green = Solid Grass Object (Grass increases traction and decreases pivot distance)
Blue = Solid Objects
Grey = Background Color
Yellow Lines = Spawn Points (P1 & P2 spawn on the outside spots while P3 & P4 spawn on the inner two spots)
Orange Dots = Object Grid Points
Red Dots = Grab-able ledge
Purple = Viewable Objects

The original photo where I first categorized each stage into these four categories.

How can you effectively use this information?
If you find yourself choosing between Omega stages in a tournament how do you know what's the best one for you? It mostly depends on your character and your opponents character. Who's good at wall jumping, wall clinging, horizontal recovery, vertical recovery, spiking, etc.
- If you main a wall jumper I would recommend you choose a category 1: Walls stage unless it favors your opponent more than yourself. Little Mac is the perfect example because he has the worst recovery and one of the best wall jumps in the game.
- If your character is good at going under stages pick an Open or Asymmetric stage. Asymmetric if you don't want your opponent to be able to go under as easily or if you want to be able to wall jump on the way up.
- Choose the only Pillar stage Arena Ferox Ω if you don't want yourself or your opponent to go under the stage or to easily wall jump up the side.

Sources
- Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (the game).
- http://www.ssbwiki.com/Super_Smash_Bros._4#3DS_version.
- http://smashboards.com/threads/final-destination-stage-research.395789/.

I will edit the this post when I finish all of the 3DS blueprints.
I will post the Wii U omega stage blueprints and categorizations if enough people want me too.
For more info on Final Destination visit @ParanoidDrone forum Data - Final Destination Research.
If I miss-categorized anything please let me know.

Last edited:
Top Bottom