• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
lol I'm not sure either. Maybe if people would actually show up, but I think a lot of it was the storm. And most college kids without a realistic major (english, psychology, etc...) are starting crunch time with their papers now since they don't get tests.

MaJiK

Smash Ace
well me and dev were gonna go but the weather men don't know $hit about jack so we decided to not risk it.......

i swear they're just guessing at this point

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Well tbh, i wouldnt travel 8+hrs through rain, highway speeds for a long period on slick roads isnt a particularly fun/safe time.

An hr or so, sure.

resTy

Smash Champion
Should look more like:
1: Rob :wolf:
2: Tyser :dedede:
3: Jman :sonic:
4: Smeesh :peach:
5: David :snake:
6: JBM :marth:
7: Mexi :samus2:
8: Camus :snake:

Notes:
I'm debatably the best player but for my sake, I'll be 2nd.
Camus is a random who doesn't enter tournies so he can't be ranked.
Mexi only enters tournies when nobody enters so he shouldn't be above JBM.

This ranking is still pointless since nobody goes out of state, including you, Rob. Plus, on the off chance that more than just you go out of state, only you enter lol. A Melee PR would be more fitting, but I'm sure many of us would be against it as we always are...

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
I like Tyser's list a bit better Rob, but I also need to play more of the players in Brawl. Smeesh beat me in a close R3 last time I was there as well.

Either way, I think I'd vote almost exactly like Tyser

:phone:

resTy

Smash Champion
Hitting a deer is like getting a phantom hit in Smash. It's unpredictable and when it happens it sucks. There's also a chance that you lose your stock or the match/set because of it. I guess in the real world this would equate to losing a limb/life. Of course, this isn't the most common outcome. I don't remember the last time someone lost a set to a phantom hit.

Driving through rain is like playing against a noob in Smash. You should always win unless you're bad. You might be sandbagging and lose as a result, but in the end, your friends are gonna pick fun at you for losing to someone who's a baddy resulting in you looking like a baddy who thought he had skills. In other words, a fraud.

This weekend's rain was like playing against someone who you think you can't beat no matter how hard you try, at least in your case. For me, the rain was comparable to the second paragraph I wrote; free. You've lost so many times that it's beginning to hurt your Smash-esteem and drive as a competitor. Hell, you might not have even played this player yet but you're already convinced you're gonna lose. In other words, scared.

FUCK I'M BORED AS SHIT! Time to fap...

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Should look more like:
1: Rob :wolf:
2: Tyser :dedede:
3: Jman :sonic:
4: Smeesh :peach:
5: David :snake:
6: JBM :marth:
7: Mexi :samus2:
8: Camus :snake:

Notes:
I'm debatably the best player but for my sake, I'll be 2nd.
Camus is a random who doesn't enter tournies so he can't be ranked.
Mexi only enters tournies when nobody enters so he shouldn't be above JBM.

This ranking is still pointless since nobody goes out of state, including you, Rob. Plus, on the off chance that more than just you go out of state, only you enter lol. A Melee PR would be more fitting, but I'm sure many of us would be against it as we always are...
I should note that I thought I changed the list after it was posted to say Jman was over Camus. I guess it didn't edit it properly. That has been fixed.

Like I said, if I didn't beat Kryz, I'd let you be #1.
Camus entered two tournaments and beat two notable players recently.
Mexi beat Jman and is even with JBM this PR season.
David beat Thugz, which sadly, is the most landmark victory of Nebraska outside of our top 2 since Thugz beat Trent.

I went OOS in January, though I haven't traveled recently, that's true. But I have been busy getting my life back in order and stuff. Now that I'm working I can afford to travel, once I pay like a billion dollars in debt.

Here are the 6 players in question and their wins and losses.

Jman:Loss-Rob. Win-JBM. Win Cue. Loss Thugz. Win JBM. Loss MK Mike. Beat Cue. Loss Sm3esh.

JBM: Loss-Sm3esh. Loss Jman. Loss Jman. Win GameGenie. Win Aura. Loss MK Mike. Win Gamegenie, Win MK MIke. Loss Cue.

Sm3esh: Win JBM. Loss Rob. Loss Thugz. Beat GameGenie. Loss Rob. Win Jman. Win MK Mike. Win Camus. Loss Rob. Beat JBM. Loss Cook. Loss David.

Cue: Beat Thugz. Loss Tyser. Loss Jman. Loss Camus. Beat Shane. Loss Jman. Loss Cook. Beat Camus. Beat Aura. beat Sm3esh, beat JBM, loss Rob.

MK Mike: Beat Jman, Loss Camus. Beat JBM. Loss Sm3esh. Beat Aura. Loss Rob. Loss JBM.

Camus: Beat David, beat MK MIke. Loss Rob. Loss Sm3esh. Loss Rob. Loss David.

I think that explains why people are where they are at.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Also, I suppose I could make a melee PR, but I don't feel qualified to make it. But I'd love to crunch some numbers to see what it says.

#1-????
#2-????
#3-????
#4-????
#5-ME.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
So you aren't supposed to base a PR off of wins/losses? What about placements? Or what about $ earned.

I think
#1 MegaRobMan SAME
#2 ResTy SAME
#3 Sm3esh RETURNING
#4 Cue +1
#5 Jman NEW (SD)
#6 XcamusX NEW
#7 MK Mike -1
#8 JBM -1

looks about right. I mean, I saw almost all of the tournament matches.

Thugz should have beaten david
MK Mike should have beaten Camus
JBM lost to MK Mike in Falcon dittos.
JBM should have beaten Jman.

There are a lot of moments like this, but it comes down to viewing who won and lost. It doesn't matter how it happened really.

If we were doing overall skill, absolutely no offense to Jman, I'd still have David above everyone else because he's ****ing smart and really good at smash, and every other fighting game and when he's on his money, he's challenging.

Same with Sm3esh, except I truly believe Sm3esh can beat me if he tries harder with his current skill level.

JBM isn't even playing with his main right now, either.

And Mike uses Samus.

This isn't set in stone, I'm willing to listen to more arguments.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
But the point is, everyone needs to pick their Mega Man X boss.

Going with reverse order, so whoever is #8 needs to pick soon.

Sm3esh already called Flame Stag, Spark Mandrill or Gay Umbrella as his choice.

And actually, David said that he wants a higher ranking anyway so he can pick his Robot earlier (was discussed last night).

Using that Inui Logic, Jman would be ahead of David, btw. Should I just use it and switch those two? It would solve two potential problems.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
It's not up to us lol. It's your list. Do what you want with it, brah.
Eh, I thought about it and I think you are right.

Camus is on the clock for Mega Man X bosses. PM now.

Jman and anyone who don't know Mega Man X bosses.

http://mmxz.zophar.net/megamanxz/megamanx4/bosses.shtml
http://mmxz.zophar.net/megamanxz/megamanx3/bosses.shtml
http://mmxz.zophar.net/megamanxz/megamanx5/bosses.shtml
http://mmxz.zophar.net/megamanxz/megamanx2/bosses.shtml
http://mmxz.zophar.net/megamanxz/megamanx6/bosses.shtml (this game is bad though)
http://mmxz.zophar.net/megamanxz/megamanx/bosses.shtml

If you want to search for MMX7 or X8 bosses, go nuts.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=321001

That's the primary reason I'm here, I updated the info and now Cay says it's gonna actually start at 5, but we can get there at like noon or something. Which means like 3 p.m. or so imho.

Yo, if you guys don't say what ones you want, I'll decide for you.

So far we have

J-man=Volt catfish
JBM=Sting Chameleon
Cue=Overdrive Ostrich OR Storm Eagle.

Xcamus/MK Mike/Sm3esh/Resty should know soon.

If you don't answer soon, you'll all be split mushroom.

MaJiK

Smash Ace
nah dudes X6 was unforgiving and fun
if u don't like a game that challenges you that's fine with me go back to speed running megaman 1

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Bro.... disc golf

Im gunning for that #1 PR spot. Im as hipster as it comes, get at me.

Nova mid range and drive.... gummi putter. Im on one....

*insert another cliche urban slang term for good measure here*

:phone:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
If Jon would enter a tournament ever he'd be #1 by like 10 strokes.

Being #1 in Frisbee Golf is less impressive than our brawl PR imho.

But you gotta prove yourself. We'll do a frisbee golf tournament next tournament for sunday or something.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
X6 is ***.

The sprites for the bosses even looked bad. Downsized and blotchy colors. I swear the game was rushed, THEY DIDN'T EVEN DUB THE GAME.

X6's only good thing was High Max.

X5 had the worst bosses probably, but i think it had the most gripping story line of the games, X4 falling short of it.

X4 definetly had the best bosses. It was also the more developed of the ps1 games.

Best bosses from X games(in order)
1. X4
2. X2
3. X1

Best storyline from X games
1. X5
2. X4
3. X2

Question is who had the best Sigma? I'd say X4

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
Best Bosses:
1. X4 - This game just has a lot of bosses that I really like
2. X2 - Felt the bosses were a little more difficult than X3
3. X3 - I liked the difficulty of the X2 bosses more. Still had some good ones though.
4. X1 - Just felt that it fit in around here
5. X5 - I dont like that bosses can kill you in one hit due to spikes -_-
6. X6 - The 8 mavericks die way too fast. Everyone after that is ridiculously tough minus High Max, Dynamo, and Nightmare Zero

Best Storyline:
1. X4 - Every boss contributed to the story and each maverick has a thing or two to say to X and Zero
2. X6 - As an X fanboy and after thinking about it, the X6 story was needed. Though the whole Gate thing was kinda unnecessary imo, the X-series needed to end on a better note for X since Zero was pretty much running the show in X4 and X5. Matter of fact, it seemed like X's purpose in X5 was to get constantly beat down. If Zero's already gonna get a ton of spotlight in his already planned series that focuses on himself, dont give him any more than he needs in X's series. X6 also leads into the MMZ games well. I also like to believe that this game splits into two alternate timelines, one leading into MMZ and the other into MMX7 (X's good ending), so here's hoping that there's an alternate ending out there where X doesn't get a crappy death like he did in MMZ.
3. X5 - X and Zero fight. X gets beaten up a lot in this game though (Sigma damages him at the beginning, seems that Zero beat him so bad he couldnt help fight Sigma, and he was nearly killed by Sigma at the end) :/
4. X2 - Only happy ending in the X series
5. X1 - Didnt like that the bosses outside of the 8 mavericks didnt contribute to the story at all. We also have no idea who Sigma is until you fight him.
6. X3 - Felt like a filler when compared to the other games

Best Sigma:
1. X5 - He's got two good forms and a good variety of moves to throw at you.
2. X4 - I like the third form, the second one's ok, but the first one's needlessly time consuming if you want multiple attempts at Sigma's third form
3. X3 - 2 threatening Sigma forms
4. X1 - Third form was too repetetive and too long imo.
5. X2 - Didnt like Sigma's virus form that much (summon mavericks, laser, repeat)
6. X6 - Sigma's falling apart and cant even talk straight, c'mon. Second form was pretty tough though, I'll give him that.

Best game:
1. X4 - First Megaman game I ever played, so Im biased.
2. X5 - Figuring out and getting MEH rank with both X and Zero was fun.
3. X3 - Hyper Max Armor with the 4 chips was so fun to use. Double 3-way airdash in a Megaman game is absolutely amazing. Had a ton of extra stuff to find too.
4. X2 - Just liked it better than the 2 below it.
5. X1 - Started it all, but felt average in my eyes after playing the sequels.
6. X6 - So much wrong with the game that anyone whos played it probably already knows the things Im gonna say.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
X4 has too small of stages and gives you life back at halfway. But, it does have two playable characters, something that is way important. Also has probably the best Sigma.

But you can't dismiss X2. I mean, just watch the speedrun. It has godly mechanics, perfect level design, the music is really well done, has two different endings with a possibility of 4 different boss fights possible, the boss fights are some of the most clever in total (crystal snail is the most fun boss fight ever with weakness), doesn't require repeating stages (again, level design). Mid air dash is so awesome, and, most importantly, the controls in X2 are literally the definition of perfection.

X3? The game is the biggest ********* ever with the layout of the game mixed with Zero. And the ridearmor sections are incredibly forced and don't add anything. I do not like this game to the level I enjoy most other mega man x games. The game also features NES level slowdown and the controls are not as tight as in X2, or even as close.

X5...it's really fun to find everything and the sigma levels are ****ING hard. But come now, this game is rehash done right, but feels like the same game X4 did.

X6 is rehash done with a 5 dollar budget and 3 months to develop. They used the same 5 enemys through out the game, the same lazy backgrounds and was just a disappointment. I remember getting this on christmas and playing it for about 10 minutes before putting the game down, running upstairs and crying. It was Megaman 7 all over again, and I haven't been able to sleep right since. The game has NIGHTMARE for a reason.

Why do you guys care about a story? wtf? Have you played a mega man game before?

I agree with the fact that X2's final sigma fight being really bad, but the 2nd form of sigma is really good.

X is clearly the 2nd best of the X series. Controls. Graphics. Music. Design. Bosses. Techskill. Impossible speed run spots.

X2/X/X4/X3/X5/X6

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Tyser you should have responded when I asked for responses earlier.

I'll give you a different one I guess, but note that these are NOT the images we will be using, though that would be goodly.

Top Bottom