• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests

HQYZ

Smash Apprentice
Noob is a capable high tier char.

Thoughts?
I just don't really feel it. A character with a solid teleport punch or any way of punishing projectiles well will shut down half his game. His normals aren't solid enough to make him high tier. That said, I think he's probably at least mid. You can make stuff happen with him, but it's not as easy as most of the top tiers.

GG222 - I don't know any Quan-Chi as he looks like Emo Kratos and that's not okay with me. But I learned Reptile, even if I suck too much to pull off his elbow dash shenanigans right. But if you put the time in he's crazy.

Echo

Smash Champion
Congratz Mike. Try not to have a kid too soon so you can still play games.
Thanks. Having a child isn't in any of my immediate plans.

^^^^ What JBM said. Hopefully you won't get rapture'd on your wedding day.
Thanks... but rapture actually would have been a good thing. Not being raptured is the ****ty part.

Also, Congrats to Proto-Mike-Man for getting Roll to Rock you.
Thanks.

sorry i couldnt be at the wedding mike, had to the best man in a wedding of my own
Thanks, that's an understandable alibi.

Noob is a capable high tier char.

Thoughts?
Maybe the bottom of the high tier.

Just got back from Orlando last night, and I've got nothing to do until late tonight when my brother comes over, so I'll probably game here a little bit. Holler if you're bored.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Well yeah, you have the brawl sheik, and you claim to play melee, notice how my sheik is bright and colorful?

Edit: Aight guys, I'm leaving for Raleigh right now, I'll take a picture with Dr. PeePee and send it out to yalls. btw I'm winning this brawl tournament.

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
Well yeah, you have the brawl sheik, and you claim to play melee, notice how my sheik is bright and colorful?
Still don't care.

I remember a conversation going like this.
Rob: Cool, you can set Melee mains now.
Dan: I don't give a ****, I'm leaving mine as Brawl Sheik.

Uli

Smash Champion
tournys tomorrow!! hope to see you all there :D
if you guys did want to do melee still you'd have to bring setups and shiiiittt

Echo

Smash Champion
I don't usually go flipping through these... but I was bored... and this was the second one I got. How appropriate.
Mexi?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Welp, I'm even more dropping Wolf in brawl and picking up Sheik in melee.

I learned how gay you have to be to play brawl competitively in a few match ups, and it's stupid. I realize Jiggs/Zelda are both characters that only try to time you out, but outside a few match ups in brawl, the entire concept of brawl it just to time someone out.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Yep welcome to brawl man. We should all get the melee players and all brawl players except for Trent to convert to MK9 for the LOLZ and for the fact that he will be the only Nebraskan playing a bad game in a bad state lol.

HQYZ

Smash Apprentice
Next round of the monthlies at Coli, MSK, will be July 1st. 7PM sign-ups. AE, MK9, MvC3 3$ venue fee, 7$ per tournament.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
lol at the prices.

Also *** this state(NE) for not entering melee last tournament. ******es don't wanna give me there money i guess.

These new games are cool but don't forget what scene this is.

If your not gonna enter a tourney you might as well ban your account and go talk on dustfag or shureyoucan.

2d Fighters are easy games. I enjoy them when i don't feel like trying so hard with my hands.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
lol at the prices.

Also *** this state(NE) for not entering melee last tournament. ******es don't wanna give me there money i guess.

If your not gonna enter a tourney you might as well ban your account and go talk on dustfag or shureyoucan.

2d Fighters are easy games. I enjoy them when i don't feel like trying so hard with my hands.
LOL at your post. You still gonna play melee competitively JBM or you going to leave it entirely and stick only to real fighters but still kick it with us?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero

I was told there wasn't going to be a melee tournament, like I said I would have come otherwise.

resTy

Smash Champion
lol at the prices.

If your not gonna enter a tourney you might as well ban your account and go talk on dustfag or shureyoucan or play Spiral Knights.

This post was pretty funny.

Anyways, I'll be at Dan's this weekend to watch people play game. I don't plan on entering.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
People are still going to play SSB4 like hotcakes. I'm gonna play even if it is bad LOL.

@Bpow- Damn you. If I show up this weekend I want you to enter and play you.

Top Bottom